Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 05:45 PM   #57
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIXXTERR View Post
IS it just me or does it seem that CamaroScotty's post was cut off???

^^^^AND Has anyone else noticed in the post it says NO SPARE AVAILABLE ON THE SS..
It seemed cut off to me too.

I noticed the lack of spare tire (only available on the V6 model), but wasn't overly worried. In my 16 years of driving I've only had 2 flats...
Old 07-21-2008, 05:51 PM   #58
jmliptak

Drives: D
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIXXTERR View Post
IS it just me or does it seem that CamaroScotty's post was cut off???

^^^^AND Has anyone else noticed in the post it says NO SPARE AVAILABLE ON THE SS..
There was more stuff there before including interior colors, etc, maybe Scotty got visited by the Black Burbans....
Old 07-21-2008, 05:55 PM   #59
MerlinZero
Big Orange

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS9CamaroSS View Post
According to the GM sites this is the only difference... wonder why it has 22 LESS HP then...

Probably the same reason the G8 GT and the Vauxhall VXR8 have a 30HP gap but the same engine.... ECM and emissions.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:07 PM   #60
TRIXXTERR

Drives: 96 Z28(sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
It seemed cut off to me too.

I noticed the lack of spare tire (only available on the V6 model), but wasn't overly worried. In my 16 years of driving I've only had 2 flats...
Yeah well that works too..the only flat i had i was where i could just air it up rite there plus i usually have an emergency tire inflator(kind ya plug into cig Lighter or powerpoint what ever u want to call it)..BUT I FOR ONE REFUSE TO RUN ONE OF THOSE LITTLE DONUT TIRES ON MY CARS.. It pays to have a full size spare..
Old 07-21-2008, 06:13 PM   #61
camaro10

Drives: 2012 45TH Anniversary SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming View Post
pricing?
Still a way to go on that, You still can't buy one until next year.

My newest edition, Chevy V8 Power!
Old 07-21-2008, 06:42 PM   #62
garfin
Resident Disciple

Drives: 2010 CTS-V 6MN '98 Camaro SS (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKiZZ View Post
I believe Cyber Gray is carbon fiber like stripes.
Cyber Gray is also one of the available colors. The ZR1 is also available in that color. I've seen that car, in that color, in person, and I don't have the words to describe the effect it had on me. That would be my 1st choice - the hands down winner!
BTW, I'm sure that there are a ton of hi-res pics of the ZR1 in that color floating around...

Best regardSS,

Elie
Old 07-21-2008, 06:56 PM   #63
AerospaceGuy
Hating my Ford

Drives: 99 Mercury Cougar
+1 on ZR1 Cyber Gray or Midnight Silver. The thought of an SS with black stripes on that color is just incredible! Even though it would have to be done at an auto shop seeing as how Chevy isn't offering a black stripe package, I'd still go for it!
Old 07-21-2008, 07:02 PM   #64
Craig

Drives: ‘23 SS1LE
Wonder what they mean by a "seven-channel subwoofer".
Old 07-21-2008, 07:02 PM   #65
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by garfin View Post
Cyber Gray is also one of the available colors. The ZR1 is also available in that color. I've seen that car, in that color, in person, and I don't have the words to describe the effect it had on me. That would be my 1st choice - the hands down winner!
BTW, I'm sure that there are a ton of hi-res pics of the ZR1 in that color floating around...

Best regardSS,

Elie
Indeed, it's a "thang of beauty." That color ~really~ enhances all the body lines. I think its the one I'm gonna put on my new 'Maro. Prolly with custom flat-black stripes.
Attached Images

Old 07-21-2008, 07:11 PM   #66
AirGoya

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
I'm really curious to see the SS package because with all the info ive heard, it sounds like only the RS package gets the HID headlights. I'm kinda confused then. Because if you get a SS, is it possible to get the RS package? Then what badges would be on your car? I thought the RS package was something to put on the V6 model to make it look cooler, kinda like an appearance package. I'm really confused, someone help me.

Old 07-21-2008, 07:12 PM   #67
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoya View Post
I'm really curious to see the SS package because with all the info ive heard, it sounds like only the RS package gets the HID headlights. I'm kinda confused then. Because if you get a SS, is it possible to get the RS package? Then what badges would be on your car? I thought the RS package was something to put on the V6 model to make it look cooler, kinda like an appearance package. I'm really confused, someone help me.
yes you can get an RS/SS, and the badge would be a red SS instead of silver.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:18 PM   #68
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoya View Post
It's kinda easy. The SS is a model. The RS is a "trim package" which is available on BOTH the SS and the V6 MODELS. Badges are unknown since we havent seen the "real" SS yet. My guess is it will have the "christian slater tv" SS badge on the grill and rear. No RS badges, as the SS badges "override" them. On the V6 version, since the LT model doesnt have badges, the RS would be the only badges showing.

Good enough?
Old 07-21-2008, 07:23 PM   #69
AirGoya

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
I kinda just answered my question here are some answers.

Quote:
"The RS package is available on all models except the LS. Like I said, it has HID lighting, a darker tailamp treatment, and on a V-6 RS you get the spoiler found on the SS. The wheels are expected to have a unique paint treatment - not black, but not a typical bright silver finish. And then the V-6 RS option also includes 20-inch wheels."
Quote:
"One of the really cool things on the interior is, when you start the car, the sequence of lighting and the instrument cluster gauges are all illuminated in a cool kind of a way. There is a light ring that goes around the actual tachometer and speedometer. Additionally, on cars with a leather interior, there is what we call a two-inch ambient lighting LED pipe that goes across the instrument panel and then also goes into the door trim on each side. It's very similar to what was in the concept car. It will have ice blue lighting, and we have a special inferno orange accent package with orange seat inserts and orange-red ambient light. Through GM accessories dealers, you will also be able to get different colored accessory pieces. Also, GM accessories will offer 21-inch wheels in two different looks. They should fit both the V-6 and the V-8 car. More Camaro accessories will be announced during the 2008 SEMA show."

Old 07-21-2008, 07:24 PM   #70
jmliptak

Drives: D
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KZ28_For_Now View Post
It's kinda easy. The SS is a model. The RS is a "trim package" which is available on BOTH the SS and the V6 MODELS. Badges are unknown since we havent seen the "real" SS yet. My guess is it will have the "christian slater tv" SS badge on the grill and rear. No RS badges, as the SS badges "override" them. On the V6 version, since the LT model doesnt have badges, the RS would be the only badges showing.

Good enough?
Based on a message from Fbodfather at like 4:30 this morning you are correct. A certain turtle expounded on that. The SS with the silver SS badge will be the "regular" SS. If you have the RS package on your SS the SS badge will be red instead.....What exactly the SS badge looks like is unknown UNLESS the Christian Slater car was indeed a "regular" SS, which based on what we saw would make sense...The RS package includes the halos and I do not believe that car had them......

Closed Thread