Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 01-30-2023, 03:02 PM   #85
Scooter18155

Drives: 2010 ss/rs 6 speed manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arogg View Post
So I don't normally revive such an old thread but I'm tackling this soon. I picked up seats out of a 2013 that I'm swapping into my 2010. I honestly just want the red leather lol. I'm at work so I've been skimming this thread. Am I correct in thinking that, 1. The drivers seat and rear seats will plug and play? 2. For my passenger seat, I just have to swap over the seat position sensor from my 2010 passenger seat to my 2013 seat? Just trying to get my ducks in a row before I tear apart the car..
1. There isn’t any power wires that go to rear seat that I recall on my 2010.

2 yes the drivers seat should be fine.

3. You are correct about swapping the seat position sensor over. It is not exactly 100% strait forward easy to do as you also need to remove wiring for the sensor and install that into your harness that comes with the seat you are installing. If I remember correctly directions are on this thread. One wire taps into your seat belt clicker wiring and the other gets put into the main harness plug. Remove the wire from the plug in 10 seat using small screwdriver or paper clip so it can be just plugged into correct position in the 13 seat plug.

None of this is really exceptionally hard the wiring can be a bit tedious to get out and install but take your time and if you have trouble ask someone for help getting the wire you need out of the plug in your 2010 seat probably the trickiest part but it’s doable.
2010 camaro ss/rs, standard 6 speed, ls3 motor, bmr subframe connectors, jba 3” competition Exhaust, stainless works 1 7/8" headers, adm cold air intake, hurst short throw shifter, bo white ported tb, mishimoto aluminum radiator, mishimoto oil cooler.
Scooter18155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 03:11 PM   #86
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter18155 View Post
1. There isn’t any power wires that go to rear seat that I recall on my 2010.

2 yes the drivers seat should be fine.

3. You are correct about swapping the seat position sensor over. It is not exactly 100% strait forward easy to do as you also need to remove wiring for the sensor and install that into your harness that comes with the seat you are installing. If I remember correctly directions are on this thread. One wire taps into your seat belt clicker wiring and the other gets put into the main harness plug. Remove the wire from the plug in 10 seat using small screwdriver or paper clip so it can be just plugged into correct position in the 13 seat plug.

None of this is really exceptionally hard the wiring can be a bit tedious to get out and install but take your time and if you have trouble ask someone for help getting the wire you need out of the plug in your 2010 seat probably the trickiest part but it’s doable.
Thank you! I feel like that is how im seeing it, tedious but doable. im glad its only 1 seat that needs modifications.

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 01:00 PM   #87
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
I just used this thread to install SS Recaros in my 2010 1SS. As stated, driver's side is plug and play, passenger side requires you to move the seat position sensor from your old seat to your new seat. All the motor functions work on both sides, but I did not hook up the heater because I live in Central Florida and have never even used the heater in this car.

Thanks El ess a for doing this. I would have never attempted it without this thread. Not sure how much I buy your disclaimers on not being an electrical guy because I did not have the right tool to remove the pin from the old plug and I worked on that for the better part of an hour and did nothing but booger up the pin. I finally gave up and just connected that wire outside the plug. It's under the seat nobody can see it. You did way better than me and I do electrical work all the time. If you don't have the tiniest of pin removal forks, I would suggest you figure what type of pin that is and get them from Mouser rather than trying to get that pin out of the old plug.

I did not have an issue with the T50 bolts and was able to reuse them. I also was able to use the self taping screw to put the seat position sensor back in the factory location on the Recaro. I used a long #2 Philips and adjustable wrench to loosen the screw and to get it to thread in the unthreaded hole. Once the hole was threaded, it went in fairly easily.

Edit: Just now noticed I missed this part below which created my problem removing the pin.

IMPORTANT!! Plug pic - Forgot to add, before you pull any pins out of the plug, you MUST remove this purple retainer first. Simply run a small flatblade and gently pry it up along the length or push through with a tiny pin punch from the other side. With this installed, the pins are locked.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.

Last edited by CamaroCracka; 02-12-2023 at 06:12 AM.
CamaroCracka is online now   Reply With Quote