Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-21-2012, 05:11 PM   #1
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
JBA high flow cats

For people that have them, did you get a CEL? Is a tune needs?

Felix - Sent from my 2SS/RS

Last edited by nyrfan; 12-21-2012 at 08:13 PM.
nyrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:53 AM   #2
t!mbo

Drives: 45th 2SS M6
When you read the forum for a while you will hear more people saying, that they didn't get a CEL with the Solo hiflows.
I was thinking doing hiflows too, and I would have bought Solo.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #3
2010 4 DW
Account Suspended

Drives: White 2010 RS/SS
I had the JBA mids and I bought $10 o2 extenders on e-bay that are included with the SOLO's and put them in. Never had a CEL and saved a bunch of money doing that part myself.

Both are great products just one has the 02 extenders included and one does not.
2010 4 DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:46 AM   #4
jgalewsk

Drives: 2013 Summit White Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
I have the high flow jba mids and I got a CEL 200 miles later. It doesn't affect anything because its only the rear sensors that are setting off the code. I bought spacers/extenders but they haven't arrived yet. Most people who get solo mids don't get a CEL because it comes with the extenders. JBA mids don't. Either buy all at once with solo or find spacers yourself and save some money with jba...
jgalewsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:24 AM   #5
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
I have the JBA catted high flow cats, but never had to deal with extenders or CEL's...got my car tuned, so that took care of all that
Old 01-02-2013, 09:34 AM   #6
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
i have jba's and got a CEL shortly after install. addedan extender....same CEL, added another (on top of the one i had) - still have a CEL but only for one bank now. i clear it every couple days with the code reader on my cell phone. but it returns promptly.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:41 AM   #7
carrs_crew
Livin the Dream

Drives: sold
from what I read shorties with hf cats will not need extenders, Lt's will need them, Lt's will cause cel, shorties will not.

Are mids and HF cats different? I thought they were
carrs_crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:05 PM   #8
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrs_crew View Post
from what I read shorties with hf cats will not need extenders, Lt's will need them, Lt's will cause cel, shorties will not.

Are mids and HF cats different? I thought they were
I've heard the term "mid-pipe" in reference to high flow cats. Only because you are not just replacing the cats by cutting them out and welding new ones in
Old 01-02-2013, 05:11 PM   #9
jgalewsk

Drives: 2013 Summit White Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
I've heard the term "mid-pipe" in reference to high flow cats. Only because you are not just replacing the cats by cutting them out and welding new ones in
I've heard midpipes mostly. I think you are right about it because its replacing more than the cat.

And I'm trying the extenders just to see if that will help. JBA mids do different things for different people. Some don't ever see a CEL. Some see it in 5000 miles. I saw mine at 200. I know the extenders are meant for the LT's, but if they work for those, they must work for shorties and high flow cats. But regardless if they work or not, I don't think the CEL messes with anything. It's just letting you know that the cat isn't functioning properly even though it is. Someone correct me if I am wrong about that... I do know that the front sensors will mess stuff up for sure...
jgalewsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:26 PM   #10
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
The SOLO extenders are not your regular run of the mill $10.00 or less o2 extenders that you can find in any parts store or ebay... Normal open end extenders will typically only work for so long, if at all.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:38 PM   #11
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
The SOLO extenders are not your regular run of the mill $10.00 or less o2 extenders that you can find in any parts store or ebay... Normal open end extenders will typically only work for so long, if at all.
Where can you buy Solo extenders?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:20 PM   #12
JewelSS
Norcal Camaros

Drives: 2010 Red Jewel 2SS L99
Anybody know where to get the Solo O2 extenders or something better than ebay???
Blaque Diamond Wheels BD23's 20x10, Hankook V12 275, AAC footwell lighting, Switchback LED's, AAC Mailslot scanner, AAC underhood, grill & underbody led lighting, AAC Plasma fogs, Eagle eye HIDs, RJT Painted calipers, RJT painted engine bay, Viteese Paddle Shifters, CFD Hurst style Shifter, RJT painted speedo & gauge trim, RotoFab CAI, TSP 2" Headers with full 3" XS Power exhaust, Granatelli Slotted rotors & Hawk HPS pads, ACS Side Rockers, ACS Front splitter, ZL1 Grill, Havoc Rear diffuser, BMR 1.4 Springs, BMR Strut tower brace, BMR F/R Sway Bars, BMR Trailing Arms,
JewelSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #13
ebaugh1990
Permagrin since 2/11/13

Drives: '13 Camaro 1SS/RS L99
My extenders are by SFX performance. I never got a CEL.

I used the smallest jet

http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/VIB11621.htm
JBA 3" CAT-BACK Model 40-3114
Cold Air Inductions intake (near-chrome)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o-6g...ujjgV9wZo9jnXw

Quote:
I agree, my car without cats doesn't smell like rotten eggs, it smells like high octane Bad@ssness emitted through a natural speaker producing "Muscle Car Music"
ebaugh1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:20 PM   #14
JewelSS
Norcal Camaros

Drives: 2010 Red Jewel 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaugh1990 View Post
My extenders are by SFX performance. I never got a CEL.

I used the smallest jet

http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/VIB11621.htm
Did you use them on all 4 or just the rears?
Blaque Diamond Wheels BD23's 20x10, Hankook V12 275, AAC footwell lighting, Switchback LED's, AAC Mailslot scanner, AAC underhood, grill & underbody led lighting, AAC Plasma fogs, Eagle eye HIDs, RJT Painted calipers, RJT painted engine bay, Viteese Paddle Shifters, CFD Hurst style Shifter, RJT painted speedo & gauge trim, RotoFab CAI, TSP 2" Headers with full 3" XS Power exhaust, Granatelli Slotted rotors & Hawk HPS pads, ACS Side Rockers, ACS Front splitter, ZL1 Grill, Havoc Rear diffuser, BMR 1.4 Springs, BMR Strut tower brace, BMR F/R Sway Bars, BMR Trailing Arms,
JewelSS is offline   Reply With Quote