Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-26-2019, 09:39 PM   #491
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
So this intake would better suited for a automatic drag vs a stick road course car??
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 09:46 PM   #492
Roader

Drives: Camaro
The reason I have asked so many questions, and others have asked about above 7k rpm is that they love that area. Nobody here is trying to put you guys down for your choice of intakes. We just want to see what real world results are where most of us will live at the track since these intakes are made to spin high rpms. End of the day it shouldn’t be up to you guys as customers showing us.

Below is my Dyno with a supervic. With horrible tq my heavy Chevy needs a lot of stall and gear. I have a 5k stall and 3.91s and it still is sluggish.

Roader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 06:22 AM   #493
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefsquatch View Post
Beautiful!
Thanks sir !!!
Old 02-27-2019, 09:56 AM   #494
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
So this intake would better suited for a automatic drag vs a stick road course car??
That still really depends on the rest of the build on the car. If it has the rest of the breathing (intake/heads/exhaust), camshaft, valvetrain, and gearing to support big RPMS (think 7500+rpm shift points) then this type of intake could be appropriate for a road-course type of car. If the rest of the combination doesn't support those sort of RPMs than a manifold like a rod-mod LS3 is probably going to be more suitable with it's broader mid-range.

Choices like intake manifold and camshaft are super dependent on the rest of the build and it's intended use, because they have such a heavy influence on the RPM range in which they will work most effectively.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 10:07 AM   #495
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roader View Post
The reason I have asked so many questions, and others have asked about above 7k rpm is that they love that area. Nobody here is trying to put you guys down for your choice of intakes. We just want to see what real world results are where most of us will live at the track since these intakes are made to spin high rpms. End of the day it shouldn’t be up to you guys as customers showing us.

Below is my Dyno with a supervic. With horrible tq my heavy Chevy needs a lot of stall and gear. I have a 5k stall and 3.91s and it still is sluggish.

I agree - the best test on this would a SBE NA LS3 with a max effort shelf grind cam (BTR STG4, TSP F35, or the baddest in the business GPI SS4 NFC), appropriate valve-train for 7500rpm, good headers, good CAI and ported TB, tested with a stock LS3 intake vs. the X1, run from 2500rpm up to 7500rpm. That's the test that's really going to show what this thing will do. Some track results to go along with that would be even better.

Based on 1JEWLDSSRS's results (thanks so much for sharing) it's safe to say that the top end pickup is pretty strong. +30rwhp at 6800rpm is a solid gain, and probably would have continued to show a nice strong gain all the way through 7500+.

Now, I've said it before, and I'll say it again - if LOD wants to send me an X1 I'll be happy to do a before/after test against the Rod-Mod LS3 intake and take them both out to 7500rpm and produce a real nice writeup, media, and of course dyno overlays. Some before/after time slips too. They can Private Message or E-mail me anytime!
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Old 02-27-2019, 10:23 AM   #496
WEISHAAR37

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Id be interested to know which shop/tuner you are using?
WEISHAAR37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 10:34 AM   #497
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

BTW - how are we not all freaking out about these stupid huge numbers. Like, did anybody look at the dyno graph - this thing makes near flat HP from 5k to 7500, with a 490whp peak!!! Through an unlocked TH400. STOCK HEADS. Shelf Cam. 4.10's. Hateful dream crushing DYNOmite dyno. Put this motor in a stick car on a dynojet and it would permanently break the internet! Ben's stuff is NUTS. His deal is always been do more with less, I'd say you've got that on lock down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEISHAAR37 View Post
Hello all.

I just finished up a high ram swap on my cam only LS3/th400 car.

I swapped from the GPI ported rod mod intake.
458hp

1. The high ram picked up through the whole curve due to the simple fact that my converter never sees less an 5500rpm.

2. The high ram picked up 32 RWHP and carried power all the way out to 8krpm.

3. Ignore the TQ numbers as they are skewed by the large stall unlocked converter.

4. The new fast manifold looks like a nice piece for sure, but it will require the same sacrifices as the high ram as far as i can see.

Hit me up with any questions!

Ben
Old 02-27-2019, 11:16 AM   #498
Slammed1000

Drives: 2011 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
BTW - how are we not all freaking out about these stupid huge numbers. Like, did anybody look at the dyno graph - this thing makes near flat HP from 5k to 7500, with a 490whp peak!!! Through an unlocked TH400. STOCK HEADS. Shelf Cam. 4.10's. Hateful dream crushing DYNOmite dyno. Put this motor in a stick car on a dynojet and it would permanently break the internet! Ben's stuff is NUTS. His deal is always been do more with less, I'd say you've got that on lock down!
The High Ram is the way to go for a drag car for sure as long as you’re fine with loosing a wiper and cutting the hood etc.

If your staying under 7K stay with a stock or modified intake.

If you want to spin north of 7K and race etc but want to keep everything under the stock hood then the LOD and FAST MID LENGTH runner come into play. NOT THE STANDARD LONG RUNNER FAST.

Waiting on the comparison betweeen the Fast and LOD to see which one performs best. Comparing a stock intake to a short runner race intake is silly. Many of the people on this forum have no reason to even be looking at these intakes unless it’s for looks.

I promise a Rod mod ported intake will be faster than any of these short runner race intakes when only spun to 6800. No matter at the strip or on the road.
Slammed1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 11:39 AM   #499
Roader

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammed1000 View Post
The High Ram is the way to go for a drag car for sure as long as you’re fine with loosing a wiper and cutting the hood etc.

If you want to spin north of 7K and race etc but want to keep everything under the stock hood then the LOD and FAST MID LENGTH runner come into play. NOT THE STANDARD LONG RUNNER FAST.

Waiting on the comparison betweeen the Fast and LOD to see which one performs best. Comparing a stock intake to a short runner race intake is silly. Many of the people on this forum have no reason to even be looking at these intakes unless it’s for looks.

I promise a Rod mod ported intake will be faster than any of these short runner race intakes when only spun to 6800. No matter at the strip or on the road.
Agree with your post. I’m looking for my last Dyno to show rod mod intake vs super Vic short runner to show rpm difference. Think it’s on my old computer
Roader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 11:47 AM   #500
Clarkstar

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
OK guys, I'm back in town!! I just read trough all the baloney that gets posted in this forum that I missed while I was away, and all I gotta say is WOW!! First off I gotta thank acammer for standing up for me, thanks bro I appreciate that sir ! And yea I had more issues in my life to deal with than just posting about my new X1 intake, so be patient fellas! Let me start by saying also thanks Rafael for this awesome piece of performance equipment for our Camaros, and lazers vette, thanks clark for all your help and info as well, also thanks lazer for your info and help as well. I will start by posting my pics of the installed X1.

Lookin good buddy!!!
2013 1le- Katech 416 short block, TSP custom grind cam, LOD intake, cnc heads by F.ED., Nick William's 102mm T.B., CORN fed, Pedders coilovers. Performance street alingnment by Justin at Lake Country Alignment and dyno tune by Late Model Throttle.

603 h.p. 495 ft lbs tq.
Clarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 12:13 PM   #501
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkstar View Post
Lookin good buddy!!!
Thanks so much sir, !! Just wished my tuner would have run it a little higher where it should have been run to see the results, but he didn't. All I know is thing flows some air and pulls really hard all the way to 7k where I shift, and it still wants more... Thanks for all your help and pics sir..
Old 02-27-2019, 12:15 PM   #502
go_go_gadget88

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM 6M
Looks good!

Have any pics of the before an after graphs so we can see a direct comparison to the stock intake?
2010 ABM 2SS/RS LS3 6 Speed -- Rotofab CAI | Speed Engineering 1 7/8" Longtubes w/ cat Delete | Magnaflow competition catback | TSP 231/246 cam| TSP/PAC .660" Spring Kit | TSP CNC Ported Heads | Bo White PTB | GPI Ported/RM Intake | 3.91's | BC Catch Can | MGW Shifter | BMR 1" Drop Springs | BMR Trailing arms/Toe Rods/Rear UCA Bushings | Pegasus Subframe Mounts
go_go_gadget88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 12:18 PM   #503
lazerlemonta

Drives: 2010 C6 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Thanks so much sir, !! Just wished my tuner would have run it a little higher where it should have been run to see the results, but he didn't. All I know is thing flows some air and pulls really hard all the way to 7k where I shift, and it still wants more... Thanks for all your help and pics sir..
This in a nut shell is why I tune my own shit lol I hate when I pay for a service and do not get what I want. Great job Wayne car should rip up top!

Best ET 10.58 @ 131.8 stock heads and stock cam 453/445 SAE
10.62@134.82 GPI 281CC Heads, SS4 Cam and X1 Intake
Best 1/8 6.80@105.75
Best MPH 134.82
lazerlemonta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 12:23 PM   #504
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammed1000 View Post

I agree. Anybody going SBE NA racing should be turning north of 7000rpm, and they need to weigh their options between the LOD, FAST, HiRam, etc.

Anybody not willing to spin that kind of RPM should just stick with a Rod Mod stocker and call it a day.

My main point with Ben's post was not just the HP level, which is impressive, but that curve. Or, more like lack of curve, that thing just turns on and stays on. Sure, the converter probably took some of the shape out of the would be curve, but that's darn impressive.