Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-15-2019, 01:55 PM   #15
MeanV8

Drives: Chevy Camaro SS, Chevy Corvette,
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
...Yeah sure, then you buy parts and say WHAT? when you are upcharged $120 for each part to adjust the tune. "Oh those parts are not 'part of the program' to get the free tune". There's more but I'll leave it at that.
Obviously you Pay to Play either way.

Dan
MeanV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 09:46 AM   #16
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
...Yeah sure, then you buy parts and say WHAT? when you are upcharged $120 for each part to adjust the tune. "Oh those parts are not 'part of the program' to get the free tune". There's more but I'll leave it at that.
The tuning program has been the same for 9 years going on 10 so there should be no surprises when you purchase your parts from another source.

To qualify for free tuning you must purchase your parts from me.

Each part mod carries different tuning upcharges it is all laid out on my website.

Currently the ONLY mod that does not qualify is Flex fuel tuning and it's only 125.00 with purchase of the sensor kit from us.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 08:38 PM   #17
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Old 10-17-2019, 10:04 PM   #18
StingrayblueSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanV8 View Post
Obviously you Pay to Play either way.

Dan
Just a matter of how much vs. How much you can afford. I've gotten 6 tuning updates and data logging from dynosteve and the only thing I've purchased from him is my sct. device. This way I can shop for the lowest price available. He always treats me like I'm his number one customer. It's a no brainer really.
StingrayblueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 11:42 PM   #19
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingrayblueSS View Post
Just a matter of how much vs. How much you can afford. I've gotten 6 tuning updates and data logging from dynosteve and the only thing I've purchased from him is my sct. device. This way I can shop for the lowest price available. He always treats me like I'm his number one customer. It's a no brainer really.
I hear you man, Steve has always done me right. He is currently waiting on my datalog for my LS3 swap. He got the tune so damn close already though. I am just going to wait to make sure my rings have seated fully before logging it for him. I have made sure my trims and KR are safe though, so no danger.

He has helped me a few times with things that were not even tune related. Any other guy probably would have told me to take a hike. Not only did he offer me solid advice, he was right on point with the diagnosis. I make sure not to abuse that though. I will likely get a dyno tune or switch to an HP Tuners remote setup with GPI when I install a cam, but over email with the SCT tunes?... DynoSteve is the man.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 05:46 AM   #20
StingrayblueSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Jannetty Racing offers the best SCT X4 custom remote tuning program available anywhere.

We don't give away tunes for life or tune for free for parts purchased elsewhere.

Our custom tuning has value, and takes actual work and years of experience to make right.

I fix Free for life tunes all the time so don't get caught in that trap.

I Do have the Buy parts from me Get tunes for those parts Free program.

Once you have either purchased a SCT X4 tuner from me, and or your first custom tune from me you qualify.

Because you support me I will support you.

I am not going to buy your friendship or loyalty with hand outs, I am going to earn it by providing the best custom tuning anywhere.

Ted.
Tuning should be easy if you sell everyone the same parts.
StingrayblueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 07:29 PM   #21
EvanH_19

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2lt Rs
Tuner/Programmers for LT RS?

Hey guys, I'm new to this whole forum thing and I was just wondering if any one knows if there are any handheld tuners for the v6? I just got my Camaro this past April and I'm finally starting to do mods to it and I was trying to find a good handheld tuner for it. I looked online and all I saw was ones for the v8. I'm really looking for one so that I can monitor some features on my car and possibly find one that can help with gas mileage. Also, I just got a muffler delete, when I go to a meet I want to be able to change my rev limiter in like park or neutral and then change it back to normal after it is over. If anyone knows if there is one, I would very much appreciate it if you would let me know.
EvanH_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 07:36 PM   #22
davidscamaro

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6 BIG cam
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanH_19 View Post
Hey guys, I'm new to this whole forum thing and I was just wondering if any one knows if there are any handheld tuners for the v6? I just got my Camaro this past April and I'm finally starting to do mods to it and I was trying to find a good handheld tuner for it. I looked online and all I saw was ones for the v8. I'm really looking for one so that I can monitor some features on my car and possibly find one that can help with gas mileage. Also, I just got a muffler delete, when I go to a meet I want to be able to change my rev limiter in like park or neutral and then change it back to normal after it is over. If anyone knows if there is one, I would very much appreciate it if you would let me know.
Reving motor with no load on it is a great way to spin a bearing. Won't look so cool then
Old 10-22-2019, 08:56 PM   #23
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingrayblueSS View Post
Yeah I had the opposite experience with Jannettyracing. I thought it was industry standard to at least review their first paid tune data log once.
Nope, first time I ever talked to him after buying parts and the overpriced tune, he insisted I buy a $600 fuel rail I don't need at my hp level or he wanted nothing further to do with me.
So that's where we left it.
BTW things such as a pre-existing cat-delete will cause additional upcharges on the tune, and the website was not detailed on upcharges some time back. The comments you heard were like earlier in this thread, buy parts from me and tune is free
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 06:43 PM   #24
MeanV8

Drives: Chevy Camaro SS, Chevy Corvette,
Quote:
Yeah I had the opposite experience with Jannettyracing. I thought it was industry standard to at least review their first paid tune data log once.
Nope, first time I ever talked to him after buying parts and the overpriced tune, he insisted I buy a $600 fuel rail I don't need at my hp level or he wanted nothing further to do with me.
BTW things such as a pre-existing cat-delete will cause additional upcharges on the tune, and the website was not detailed on upcharges some time back. The comments you heard were like earlier in this thread, buy parts from me and tune is free
Sounds Like Good Advice! A place like this is Nice where guys can learn the places to support and those to avoid.

Dan
MeanV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 09:45 PM   #25
EvanH_19

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2lt Rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidscamaro View Post
Reving motor with no load on it is a great way to spin a bearing. Won't look so cool then
I very much appreciate your feedback. I know that overtime, yes it could cause damage, but I wouldn't be revving it very high every time. Most of the meets that I go to around me are usually chill, other than like Cars and Coffee. Thank you very much for your reply.
EvanH_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 08:02 AM   #26
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
I think you got your wires crossed because, there is no such thing as a 600.00 fuel rail.

Seems your angry because of a misunderstanding on your part.

I have over 8000 Happy Gen5 Camaro customers in my database.

Ted.
Old 10-24-2019, 08:06 AM   #27
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Sounds Like Good Advice! A place like this is Nice where guys can learn the places to support and those to avoid.

Dan
Hello Dan, I suggest you do further research, I know you will find that JRE is a Premium company over 34 years in business getter better every day.

Ted.
Old 10-24-2019, 09:32 AM   #28
Redgt03

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:

Dan
I have heard nothing but positive things about Ted at Jannety Racing and Steve at Rdpstore - so def don't let one comment sway you from these companies.