Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-14-2019, 02:48 AM   #15
neil4374

Drives: Camaro SS 2011 L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknroll_jeph View Post
It strange that the Chevy dealer there won't work on your car. I have my Camaro in China and I never have any trouble finding places to work on it (when I don't do it myself). There is a pretty big car scene here at least. Also, this may not be an option for you, but I always bring parts back with me when I travel from the states. I've taken throttle bodies, 4 Brembo brakes, tail lights and lots of miscellaneous parts with my when I travel back from the states. Still, spark plugs and filters should be pretty generic as the engine is used in other GM vehicles so its always a good idea to cross shop and see what other cars use the same parts. For example, while there are no so many Camaro's in China, a lot of parts are shared with Cadillac and that makes it easy to find some parts for because some Cadillacs are made here and many are imported as well.

Hope you find some helpful nuggets here!
Thanks I will be in the UK next summer so I could ship some items there! God idea thanks!
I think the reason they won’t work on my car is the fact the fifth gen was not officially imported into Korea. Not the ss anyway. Perhaps the v6 was as there is a lot of them. Apparently there are only 4 5th gen ss in the country!
Cheers
Old 02-17-2020, 07:06 AM   #16
neil4374

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknroll_jeph View Post
It strange that the Chevy dealer there won't work on your car. I have my Camaro in China and I never have any trouble finding places to work on it (when I don't do it myself). There is a pretty big car scene here at least. Also, this may not be an option for you, but I always bring parts back with me when I travel from the states. I've taken throttle bodies, 4 Brembo brakes, tail lights and lots of miscellaneous parts with my when I travel back from the states. Still, spark plugs and filters should be pretty generic as the engine is used in other GM vehicles so its always a good idea to cross shop and see what other cars use the same parts. For example, while there are no so many Camaro's in China, a lot of parts are shared with Cadillac and that makes it easy to find some parts for because some Cadillacs are made here and many are imported as well.

Hope you find some helpful nuggets here!
Sorry for the late reply!
Thanks
Old 02-17-2020, 07:08 AM   #17
neil4374

If I do come to change the ignition coils because they are faulty:
What does the L99 use. I see square and round!!??
Is the LS3 one and the other L99!?
Thanks
Old 02-17-2020, 05:25 PM   #18
neil4374

Ignition coild square or rorund

If I do come to change the ignition coils because they are faulty:
What does the L99 use. I see square and round on rockauto.com!!??
Is the LS3 one and the other L99!?
Thanks
Old 02-19-2020, 11:29 AM   #19
Gordy87

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
They should be the same between the LS3 and L99. Should be square, but difference between makers is possible. As stated though, I would only change the coils if you have a prob. Guys with well over 600rwhp here in the states running factory coils and plug wires. Only downside to the wires would be if you add headers. I had one get too hot after header install, as many others have had and went aftermarket only for the boot design and heat protection. But you could also add the heat shield to the factory ones
Gordy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 08:41 PM   #20
neil4374

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy87 View Post
They should be the same between the LS3 and L99. Should be square, but difference between makers is possible. As stated though, I would only change the coils if you have a prob. Guys with well over 600rwhp here in the states running factory coils and plug wires. Only downside to the wires would be if you add headers. I had one get too hot after header install, as many others have had and went aftermarket only for the boot design and heat protection. But you could also add the heat shield to the factory ones
I will be following your advice and that of the other people on this forum! I wont be replacing the ignition coils unless they are faulty!

Thanks