Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 12-24-2008, 02:16 PM   #43
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
i already purchased the pedders suspension package. i do plan on changing the wheels size. 1" in the front and 2 " in the rear. i dont mind a rought ride. i want to be able to take this car to a LeManns track and do some casual racing. causal meaning, i dont want to do it all the time but maybe once a month or so. i plan on changing sway bars also.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:54 PM   #44
Never2LowChevy
Banned

Drives: bagged 4 door dually on 22s
http://www.ridetech.com

Ill prolly end up putting air ride on my car. Air Ride Technolagies always has a great handling kit that lowers the car alot when you want it lowered for a show and handles GREAT when your at a track. I know alot of you are against air ride and lowered vehicles but there is alot more to lowering a car these days then just cutting springs. The whole idea about riding bad and all that comes from the days when people would cut or heat springs up. And as for being all show and no go, thats a common misconception from people that dont know much about suspension.
Never2LowChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:29 AM   #45
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
I've always wanted to lower my car! BUT I live in a town where the curbs are non standard heights. NONE!! It cud be 3 inches higher than the parking lot around the corner. CRIMINAL!! We need standards!! Its f'n wrong and it pisses you no end when you scrape the car as you park up! Grrrr.

Lowering it will CRUSH the front lower spoiler.

For this reason I wont lower! Mind you I cud always air-ride it and raise it to park. Hmmm got me thinking! lol
Old 12-28-2008, 11:04 AM   #46
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
I've always wanted to lower my car! BUT I live in a town where the curbs are non standard heights. NONE!! It cud be 3 inches higher than the parking lot around the corner. CRIMINAL!! We need standards!! Its f'n wrong and it pisses you no end when you scrape the car as you park up! Grrrr.

Lowering it will CRUSH the front lower spoiler.

For this reason I wont lower! Mind you I cud always air-ride it and raise it to park. Hmmm got me thinking! lol
Do Corvettes have issues in your town?

One of the handling issues for the ZETA platforms is low spring rates for minimum performance. Pedders will have OEM heights available, plus I think our eXtreme XA will allow you to get close to OE height, but will allow you the performance controls you desire.

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:48 PM   #47
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
Do Corvettes have issues in your town?

One of the handling issues for the ZETA platforms is low spring rates for minimum performance. Pedders will have OEM heights available, plus I think our eXtreme XA will allow you to get close to OE height, but will allow you the performance controls you desire.

mike
dms
that is why i like this kit.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:21 AM   #48
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Guys,

The eXtreme Xa coil overs have been a real hit. Pedders is taking orders for them thru tonight ad pete recently decided to offer them to the Camaro group. The price thru tonight will be $1311+. You cannot order these thru our web store. It will require a 15% deposit to secure them. If you are interested, you must call Deb at Pedders at 248-522-8021

Hope everyone has a great New Years and be safe!

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote