Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 09-20-2011, 04:33 PM   #1
Fitness

Drives: 2012 Camaro inferno orange metallic
Which rags are best to wash?

Hello Friends 2 weeks ago i decided to trade in my truck and buy a 2012 LS2 Camaro. My first sports car, I'm still trying to get use it. I was never on top on my chevy 2500 LT truck; on keeping it nice and clean all the time. But now that i have the Camaro i want to kept it super clean. can anybody help me with what is the best Carwash/wax mix that's the best? and which wash/drying rags are good that wont leave any swirl marks.. I can't Stand swirl marks.
Also i been looking at the RotoFab intake; but is it true they don't work for the 2012 Camaro?

Thank you!
Anybody from Miami, FL?
Fitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:40 PM   #2
bhall82
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Congrats on the car and welcome to C5.

I use Mequires products. Microfiber cloths are the best. They leave no lint and ultra soft. To dry my car I use a leaf blower that way it leaves NO water spots and gets the water out of all cracks and sills. I hate riding down the road and water come from the door sills or trunk lid and leave spots. Maybe that is just me beign anal. LOL

Enjoy the car. remember if you have any question or anything please feel free to ask on here. Between everyone here im sure there is nothing you can think of that hasn't been done or a problem that someone hasn't had.
bhall82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:42 PM   #3
blackSSRS

Drives: 2010 RS
across the state from ya, grats on the awesome purchase of a CAMARO
I use Adam's products only on mine but i'm super anal about it. swirls come from what you actually touch the car with like washing it with a rag or drying it with a rag or even while buffing it. any decent quality microfibre towels will let you dry the car without swirls and a decent wash mit will work. now if you get dirt on your microfibre or drop it on the ground pick it back up and touch your car with it the dirt in the towel will cause the swirling you hate! to me Adam's is the best, Zaino is another name brand. but in the end meguires stuff with decent wash mit and decent quality microfibre towels will work. (i spent over 600 i think on my adams wax/wash/car care kit) you can spend alot less to just wash it but it is fairly expensive so an alternative would be autozone stuff and then i'd recommend mcguires
blackSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:50 PM   #4
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
www.adamspolishes.com

BAM!!
Old 09-20-2011, 04:52 PM   #5
krabtree13
krabtree13

Drives: '10 S.W. 2SS/RS w/I.O. stripe pkg
"griot's garage" has some really neat stuff to keep your ride looking great.a little pricey,but you get what you pay for ! my ywo previous 'vettes were treated to the griot's products,and they always looked awesome !...griot'sgarage.com...
krabtree13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:30 PM   #6
Fitness

Drives: 2012 Camaro inferno orange metallic
Awesome Thanks for all the Help tips! I have this drying rag forgot the name comes in a plastic tub and it's rubber is that any good?
Fitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:31 PM   #7
denny2188

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro 2LT
Meguairs here too!!!
denny2188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:33 PM   #8
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Use good microfiber towels. Meaning not the junk from walmart, target or auto zone.

Adams, detailersdomain, chemical guys all sell good microfiber towels and cleaning supplies.
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:16 PM   #9
VictoryMuscleCars

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS RS Convert
Griot's Garage for the win!! Best car care products on the market.

http://www.griotsgarage.com
Old 09-20-2011, 07:23 PM   #10
cmb74656

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/BLI A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
Meguires sells a New Car Kit.

Wash mitt, waffle towel, wash, wax, tire dressing and the applicators for those. Saves a few dollars over buying separately.
That's the first thing I bought for my car.

MODS: RX Performance catch can, Jegs CAI, ZL1 grille, chrome license plate frame, GM locking gas cap, Defender Worx chrome DRL bezels, GM molded splash guards, Oracle LED side markers, DRLs, tag lights and reverse lamps, Technostalgia Rapid Fire tail lamps, Vitesse shift paddle extenders, MBRP cat back.
FUTURE: long tube headers, front splitter, slotted/drilled rotors, leather console and e-brake handle boot, remote fuel door and rear seat release, sway bars and bushings.
WISH LIST: Edelbrock E-Force SC, LS3 conversion
cmb74656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:02 AM   #11
shockandawe

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
screw the rags, go to a touchless carwash.
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:50 AM   #12
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitness View Post
Hello Friends 2 weeks ago i decided to trade in my truck and buy a 2012 LS2 Camaro. My first sports car, I'm still trying to get use it. I was never on top on my chevy 2500 LT truck; on keeping it nice and clean all the time. But now that i have the Camaro i want to kept it super clean. can anybody help me with what is the best Carwash/wax mix that's the best? and which wash/drying rags are good that wont leave any swirl marks.. I can't Stand swirl marks.
Also i been looking at the RotoFab intake; but is it true they don't work for the 2012 Camaro?

Thank you!
Anybody from Miami, FL?
Go to YouTube and search Junkman2008 and watch those videos!! Start with the car wash vids first and emulate. That'll get you started on the right path

Congrats on the Camaro! Welcome to Camaro5!

edit: I'll post it here