Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-23-2013, 12:18 PM   #15
LineofPerfection

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro "Big Blue"
The amp is attached to the box itself. ******** put in an indention to add the amp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DillonN View Post
That looks nice! What is the amp mounted to?

LineofPerfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:32 PM   #16
DillonN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGhosty View Post
if you want a stealth enclosure and money is no issue I would go ********. I was just suggesting the polyfil so the box hits a little better. If your really worried about having it loud why not start with one stealth on one side and if it doesn't do it add another?
I would, but I really don't want to have to buy another sub, I just want to use my existing sub and get the same thump I got from it before!
In terms of volume, is polyfil the stuff that makes the box seem larger to the sub? Because the recommended sealed box volume for mine is .85'cu, but the box is 1.2, so I'm more worried about it being too large! If that's an issue at all.
DillonN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:38 PM   #17
TheGhosty

Drives: '11 SW 1LT RS
WOW!! ya the polyfil isn't going to do any good. I have never seen a sub with such a small recommended box.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:40 PM   #18
DillonN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGhosty View Post
WOW!! ya the polyfil isn't going to do any good. I have never seen a sub with such a small recommended box.
Yeah, the range is .55-1.0 with a recommended of .85. I'm guessing 1.2 might be big enough to be too big, maybe I'll have to fill it with something to make the box smaller!

EDIT: Does anybody know how much room around the hole cut out there is for a bezel? Like most 12" subs the cut out I need is 11-1/8", but around the bezel it measures almost 13", and in the spot in the trunk it looks to go in there is just 13" from top to bottom. From the looks of my old box, I need 11/16" more space than the hole cut out.

Last edited by DillonN; 03-23-2013 at 02:56 PM.
DillonN is offline   Reply With Quote