Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 07-06-2011, 02:40 PM   #29
08-G35s/6MT

Drives: racecars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Exactly, and just for a point of reference: the base price for a based out E class V6 with 268 HP is over 50k, and you are looking at over 60k for a base V8 model with 382 HP. The 5 series will cost you 45k for a 240hp V6, 50k for the 300 HP turbo 6, and 60k for the V8 with 400 HP.

The CTS starts at around 36k with the 3.0 270 HP V6, the performance with the 304 hp 3.6 will run you right at 40k, while the loaded pPremium will run you 50k, and of course the only way to get a V8 is the CTSV that runs 63k.

The Genesis is 34k for a base V6 with 333hp (around 43800 fully loaded with tech and premium packages), 44500 for the 4.6 V8 with 385, and 46500 for the 429HP R SPec. The 2 V8s come loaded.

THe Hyundai is a hell of a deal and qualitywise is up there with any of the premium brands.
The BMW 528i has an inline 6 that will be replaced with a 4-cylinder next year.
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:40 PM   #30
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Satisfied View Post
Wow, do you think maybe that's a little extreme? Passed by a Focus? Really?

No, not if it's a Hyundai. I've owned imports in the past, but I will never own a Hyundai. I think it's going to take more than a good quarter mile time and a decent warranty to convince the country club folk to leave their BMW's, and Mercedes, and buy a Hyundai. Maybe I'm wrong....I don't hate their cars....really don't care about them. My only point in bringing up the example of quarter mile times, was that I highly doubt that's what a Benz owner looks at when he starts to shop.
if he is searching for E550 or E63 he is, and of course if they want the V6 they can 15-20 by getting the still more powerful V6 (which also has an extra gear in the transmission) Genesis. I understand some people are so stubborn they won't like x brand of car no matter what, but you can't ignore the facts. Hyundai is really building not only cheaper cars with a better warratny, but cars they meet or beat the rest in reliability, performance, comfort, looks, etc, etc.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:21 PM   #31
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Satisfied View Post
Wow, do you think maybe that's a little extreme? Passed by a Focus? Really?
Maybe a little extreme, but realistic. A lot of these entry level "luxury sedans" are getting less than 300hp, and the average car today is pushing 250+hp, so yeah, it's quite possible. Maybe not a Focus, but it would get passed by a Hyundai Sonata in a minute...(turbo offers 2.0L 4 banger with 274hp)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
I understand some people are so stubborn they won't like x brand of car no matter what, but you can't ignore the facts. Hyundai is really building not only cheaper cars with a better warratny, but cars they meet or beat the rest in reliability, performance, comfort, looks, etc, etc.
Once upon a time, there was a reason why GM and Ford were failing, and it was because they weren't getting this! You can build performance, you can build huge SUVs, but if you arent building quality and reliability, people are going to go elsewhere.

Both companies have really started turning it around the last 3-4 years, but Hyundai has turned it around in an even bigger way over the last 6-8 years. They're building very sporty and reliable cars with good fuel mileage while still being fun to drive. Including turbos and a V8, it's also the only Asian lineup that offers a V8 in any of their cars. Hyundai is far more American made than most cars in the states too, with several plants here in the US.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:35 PM   #32
oldlugs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Bullitt + 2009 Shelby GT-500KR
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post
Very nice, but not for me. When Hyundai is owned by Americans, and built on American soil by American citizens, I'll consider a car with that name. This country is not in the shape it needs to be in, before I'd consider buying Korean. I don't care how fast/cool/exotic they become. My last two car purchases were American, and I suspect my next few will be too. Let the Koreans enjoy their Hyundais. It's shameful enough, that so many components on my American cars, were sourced overseas.
oldlugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:54 PM   #33
BlackenedSS

Drives: 2010 2SS Black on Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldlugs View Post
Very nice, but not for me. When Hyundai is owned by Americans, and built on American soil by American citizens, I'll consider a car with that name. This country is not in the shape it needs to be in, before I'd consider buying Korean. I don't care how fast/cool/exotic they become. My last two car purchases were American, and I suspect my next few will be too. Let the Koreans enjoy their Hyundais. It's shameful enough, that so many components on my American cars, were sourced overseas.
AMEN
Old 07-06-2011, 05:03 PM   #34
BlackenedSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post
The BMW 528i has an inline 6 that will be replaced with a 4-cylinder next year.
You are here because? Dude you continuously post irrelevant things about foreign car X and then just throw in versus "A CAMARO". Don't get me wrong you are definitely FULL of knowledge on the cars from across the pond, but please STOP posting in this section.

Have a great day!
Old 07-06-2011, 06:05 PM   #35
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackenedSS View Post
You are here because? Dude you continuously post irrelevant things about foreign car X and then just throw in versus "A CAMARO". Don't get me wrong you are definitely FULL of knowledge on the cars from across the pond, but please STOP posting in this section.

Have a great day!
While he may be guilty of that, everything he's posted has been a comparison of a performance sedan VS. a Camaro/Mustang.... all completely relevant in this section....

While it may only be for comparison's sake.... it is in the OTHER car section...
Old 07-06-2011, 06:12 PM   #36
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
Does "R-spec" mean it has a special tune/modded? If so, those numbers aren't that impressive, as the bone stock American engines still have an edge. As far as I know, stock Genesii(?) are not putting down close to 365rwhp.
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:12 PM   #37
08-G35s/6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackenedSS View Post

Have a great day!
That post comes full circle and was a response to the question of the Equus being overpriced, my response was for less than the price of a 4-cylinder BMW 5-series you can have a 430 hp V8 Equus.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:13 PM   #38
08-G35s/6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fielderLS3 View Post
Does "R-spec" mean it has a special tune/modded? If so, those numbers aren't that impressive, as the bone stock American engines still have an edge. As far as I know, stock Genesii(?) are not putting down close to 365rwhp.
R-spec is like Infiniti's IPL or... think AMG, V-series, M, F lite.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:18 PM   #39
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
Maybe a little extreme, but realistic. A lot of these entry level "luxury sedans" are getting less than 300hp, and the average car today is pushing 250+hp, so yeah, it's quite possible. Maybe not a Focus, but it would get passed by a Hyundai Sonata in a minute...(turbo offers 2.0L 4 banger with 274hp)
I think that 274hp number is a little suspect. Motor Trend was only able to get a 7.4 second 0-60 time out of it. My 170hp Alero is only about 1/2 second off that. Other reviews have gotten disappointing numbers as well. I'd love to see one of those put on a dyno to see what they actually put out.
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:32 PM   #40
BlackenedSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
While he may be guilty of that, everything he's posted has been a comparison of a performance sedan VS. a Camaro/Mustang.... all completely relevant in this section....

While it may only be for comparison's sake.... it is in the OTHER car section...
"Comparison of chevy Camaro versus its competition "

This guy has posted numerous times with an import agenda. Just saying that there are better places for him to post stuff like this that's all. Not saying that some of the info he has isn't good for anything, that's why this CAMARO forum has a general car section...

He obviously could care less about anything remotely American made, that's why I question what he is here for.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:25 PM   #41
Amenti

Drives: 2017 1SS Convertible
I wouldn't get defensive about it. Sure, I've seen some of his posts that were a little less-than-relevant to the discussion; but, in this forum, we're talking about comparisons to the Chevrolet Camaro.

This particlar thread references an article that compares the output of the 5.0 Tau in the Hyundai Genesis R-Spec with the output of the 5.0 Coyote in the Mustang GT and the 6.2 LS3 in the Camaro SS. It's a perfectly valid thread and there's been plenty of discussion on both sides.

Even if he has an "import agenda," there are many people who troll this forum that will sing the praises of their particular flavor of American muscle. Personally, I think the 5.0 Tau looks like a good engine, and think it would be very intriguing if Hyundai would place it in other platforms in the company line-up; however, I'm all about my little 6-banger Camaro.

Appearance Mods: RiderGraphix LS7 Front Fascia Blackout Vinyl, Gill Insert Vinyl, Rear Deck Lid Vinyl (Gloss Black), Gary's Customs Painted Bowties

Coming Soon: BMR Trailing Arms
Amenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:50 PM   #42
Evil35th

Drives: 02 35th Aniversary SS/'11 RJT 2SS
The older i get the more i have began to appreciate 4 dr sedans with decent power(like my G8) so i would definitely give it a look.
02 35TH LE#3089 and 2011 2SS/RS
Evil35th is offline   Reply With Quote