Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 06-07-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Need some Advice

Not sure where this belongs but I thought I would post it here to get some advice before it is moved:

So earlier this week I got a ticket for my tinted windows (35%). My question is could I just take the driver and passenger side tint off and be excused from the ticket? I was thinking of taking them off myself as opposed to paying some place for it. This is my fisr ticket for the tint violation. Now if I could get excused by taking it off how would I go about doing that. Do I just show up to court and show them or can I go to a police station and show them that it is off?

Any advice is appreciated.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:19 AM   #2
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
In California where I live you can either pay the full fine and keep your tint, or take off the front side window tint and find any LEO and have them sign your ticket off then pay the $25 to the court for the corrected violation.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:21 AM   #3
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrimpi87 View Post
In California where I live you can either pay the full fine and keep your tint, or take off the front side window tint and find any LEO and have them sign your ticket off then pay the $25 to the court for the corrected violation.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.
Ok thanks, I hope it is like that in NY.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:31 PM   #4
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
You can try. Thing is, the tint was on the car when you got the ticket. Why would you think you would get excused? I guess the same logic would apply if you could tell the judge you slowed down after you got a ticket for 100 in a 30. Or that you could show the judge the bullet you pulled from your neighbors chest after you shot him for letting his dog poop in your yard. Pay it and move on, or fight it and run a chance of paying double. Just my .02
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #5
Chris82xx
Make your peace with God!

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6 Convertible
I know in NJ it doesn't matter. You got the ticket for a violation, just because you took it off after the fact, doesn't excuse the fact that you had it on at the time of the traffic stop. You can take it off and which would keep from any future violations. I personally keep it on as an alternative ticket to doing something stupid. For instance, if I'm speeding and get pulled over for it, I usually admit I was speeding and given the ticket for the tint in lew of the speeding ticket because I was honest. But, that's here in NJ.
ECS base supercharger (NOVI 1500SL), ECS AlKY control kit, 92mm TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT's non-catted, Borla 3" exhaust, ID850 injectors, Squash fuel system, ECS Big Blower Cam, MGW short throw shifter, DSS 1000hp axles, LGW differential cover, billet caps, Tech AFX heater hoses, Pedders differential bushings, Eaton TrueTrac differential, PRC dual valve springs, Katech C5R timing chain, ATI balancer, Meilings oil pump, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Pfadt Tie Rods, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt End Links, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Chris82xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:00 PM   #6
All Star
I'm an Engineer

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Send a message via AIM to All Star
I won't bother tinting my car, it's not worth it in NJ, imo.

All Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:55 PM   #7
bigmacbebe

Drives: 2012 camaro LT/RS
-__- since when?... those bad boys will give you a ticket for speeding AND the tints. that's how greedy they are.
bigmacbebe is offline   Reply With Quote