Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 06-22-2012, 12:15 PM   #29
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!

Drives: 2010 Synergy or a '83 Z-28.
Quote:
Originally Posted by With envy View Post
Pick up some what?
Oh oh...been caught! Um...more Camaros?
Old 06-22-2012, 02:14 PM   #30
VRC_2012

Drives: 95 Formula, Red 2012 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Yeah, there's plenty of us around. Glad we could get you to sign up and become a member!
The knowledge, advice, and just overall good people that want to help on this site has proven invaluable to me the past year or so. I've even diagnosed a problem with my car from here before Peterson Chevrolet in Boise could figure it out. Printed off a forum page and brought it in. Car fixed the next day.
Have you done any mods to your car?
Haven't needed to take the car into the dealership yet. I did receive a letter for a airbag safety update that i need to take it in for.
Do you think Perterson is better than Edmark for service? I bought the car @ edmark because I got a better deal but if peterson has a better service dept...im there.
Only mod is an LG motorsports short shifter so far. Hope to get CAI and exhaust within the next six months or so.
VRC_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:30 PM   #31
pay_day33

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS, Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRC_2012 View Post
Haven't needed to take the car into the dealership yet. I did receive a letter for a airbag safety update that i need to take it in for.
Do you think Perterson is better than Edmark for service? I bought the car @ edmark because I got a better deal but if peterson has a better service dept...im there.
Only mod is an LG motorsports short shifter so far. Hope to get CAI and exhaust within the next six months or so.
Quite the opposite actually. I had a really bad experience with Peterson last time I was in there. It's kinda a long story, but basically I had a noise coming from the passenger floor that they had fixed before. I took it in and after 5 days they told me it was my exhaust. My exhaust, btw, is the only aftermarket thing on my car and isn't covered under warranty.

After I searched this site for a bit, I found a service bulletin for my exact problem. Took that to em and the next day it was fixed.

Bottom line IMO, Peterson's service dept. is either incompetent or dishonest. Either way, I won't be going to Peterson again.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:55 PM   #32
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Hey, Payday - I saw you commented in another thread about figuring out what we meant by skittles. Here's the "Skittle Brigade" that went to Tahoe together

We need orange and purple to complete the rainbow...
Old 06-24-2012, 06:32 PM   #33
schoen311

Drives: 2011 2SS RS Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by pay_day33 View Post
What does your license plate say? Mine is unique too, but only cause Idaho has to make their special edition elk plates all stupid (3UFE is mine.) I hate it! Ha ha. I get asked all the time, "What does 'Thrufee' mean?"

I know a few other ppl in Boise with Camaros, but haven't got em on the site yet. Maybe some drinks and cruise downtown around Hyde park, or somewhere else would change their minds.

And I think you're right, I have only seen 1 2SS/RS synergy around Boise and only on 1 occasion (besides the one I saw at Peterson in the showroom one day. Is that yours?) Extremely rare.... And AWESOME!!
I bought mine from a California dealer and picked it up in Las Vegas. My license plate is WHEEE.

Get together would be so fun! I would definitely be up for that.
schoen311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:20 AM   #34
pay_day33

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoen311 View Post
I bought mine from a California dealer and picked it up in Las Vegas. My license plate is WHEEE.

Get together would be so fun! I would definitely be up for that.
Hey, I think I saw you today! Unless there's another synergy SS that was driving from Mtn. Home to Boise this morning around 6:30. Didn't get a chance to see the license plate though. I think I talked another friend of mine into signing up for this site today. He's got a black 2010 SS, so I don't think we'll be a "skittles" crew, but I'm sure we could work something out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
Hey, Payday - I saw you commented in another thread about figuring out what we meant by skittles. Here's the "Skittle Brigade" that went to Tahoe together

We need orange and purple to complete the rainbow...
Yeah, I think Orange would definitely complete. Maybe blue too
Old 06-25-2012, 11:36 AM   #35
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!

Quote:
Hey, I think I saw you today! Unless there's another synergy SS that was driving from Mtn. Home to Boise this morning around 6:30. Didn't get a chance to see the license plate though. I think I talked another friend of mine into signing up for this site today. He's got a black 2010 SS, so I don't think we'll be a "skittles" crew, but I'm sure we could work something out

Yeah, I think Orange would definitely complete. Maybe blue too
They all look good! And isn't there a black "mystery" skittle? Name that flavour?
Glad to see your meeting up. Nothing like a Camaro family!
Old 06-26-2012, 08:19 AM   #36
schoen311

I'm sure that was me!

Quote:
That is funny, because I usually don't come to work until 7:30, but was coming in early and saw the commutervan and thought "Hm, wonder if payday is on that one." HAHAHA! I am loving this forum more and more.

Just found out i'm gonna take the car on a run to Seattle the beginning of August! Can't wait for that!

On the weekends it almost makes me sad cuz I think how fun it would have been "back in the day" to cruise in this car! Do they do that anymore? Aging myself now!

Old 06-26-2012, 08:56 AM   #37
pay_day33

Quote:
That is funny, because I usually don't come to work until 7:30, but was coming in early and saw the commutervan and thought "Hm, wonder if payday is on that one." HAHAHA! I am loving this forum more and more.

Just found out i'm gonna take the car on a run to Seattle the beginning of August! Can't wait for that!

On the weekends it almost makes me sad cuz I think how fun it would have been "back in the day" to cruise in this car! Do they do that anymore? Aging myself now!

I know, this site is so addicting. I used to kill time on facebook and youtube, now I spend all my time on here. I have a bad feeling this site could cost me a lot of money in things I want to do to my car.

I get to take mine on a cruise to Oregon in August for a wedding. Looking forward to that too. Although, I'm not looking forward to OR speed limits (65?!?! C'mon!!)

I'm sure people still "cruise" today, although it's mainly Hondas and Subarus driving in circles on Main & Idaho downtown. It is kinda funny just to drive down main at about midnight on Friday and Saturday nights though. Lots of looks
Old 06-26-2012, 11:16 AM   #38
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!

Quote:

When are you coming? We would love to meet up for drinks or something!I'm sure we can find a couple Skittles around here!
Old 06-26-2012, 03:49 PM   #39
schoen311

:)

Quote:
I know, this site is so addicting. I used to kill time on facebook and youtube, now I spend all my time on here. I have a bad feeling this site could cost me a lot of money in things I want to do to my car.

I get to take mine on a cruise to Oregon in August for a wedding. Looking forward to that too. Although, I'm not looking forward to OR speed limits (65?!?! C'mon!!)

I'm sure people still "cruise" today, although it's mainly Hondas and Subarus driving in circles on Main & Idaho downtown. It is kinda funny just to drive down main at about midnight on Friday and Saturday nights though. Lots of looks
Wouldn't it be fun to get a bunch of us together and drive downtown bumper to bumper and how the little kids in the rice burners what REAL cars are about! ?

You'll be lucky to go 65! If you are off the freeway you get to struggle along and go a WHOPPING 55!!!!! Ugh! I hate driving in Oregon!

Dragonlady -I am headed that direction on either August 2 or 3 for the weekend. My girlfriends and I are doing a photoshoot and i'll be getting some professional pics taken with my car hopefully! Once I have my plans solidified, i'll let you know and hopefully e could put something together. Another of the gals attending has a silver SS, i'm sure she would love toome along also!
Old 06-26-2012, 07:59 PM   #40
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!

Quote:

Dragonlady -I am headed that direction on either August 2 or 3 for the weekend. My girlfriends and I are doing a photoshoot and i'll be getting some professional pics taken with my car hopefully! Once I have my plans solidified, i'll let you know and hopefully e could put something together. Another of the gals attending has a silver SS, i'm sure she would love toome along also!
Please do keep us posted. A photo shoot, sounds like fun! If you are Camarovaning, we have discovered it is a handy tool for all cars involved to have hand held radios. Just sayin'. Cheers!
Old 06-26-2012, 08:39 PM   #41
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
When are you coming? We would love to meet up for drinks or something!I'm sure we can find a couple Skittles around here!
Red Skittle, checking in!!

Quote:
Wouldn't it be fun to get a bunch of us together and drive downtown bumper to bumper and how the little kids in the rice burners what REAL cars are about! ?

You'll be lucky to go 65! If you are off the freeway you get to struggle along and go a WHOPPING 55!!!!! Ugh! I hate driving in Oregon!

Oh fun! A girls weekend with a photoshoot!
Old 06-26-2012, 09:50 PM   #42
schoen311

I snowmobile and there are 50 of us who get together several times a year to ride together. We decided in 2009 to get with a studio and shoot pictures for a calendar, so we did. It was a great success, so we are doing it again this year. So far just 12 of us, but could end up being many more before it's all over with. Pics with my sled and with my car!!! Gotta find some electric green hooker heels!!!

I am SO excited about the prospect of getting to meet you ladies - might have to add a day to this trip just to make time!!!