Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-14-2012, 08:39 PM   #1
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
for real people?

this is embarrassing, people in Bellingham Wa, want a costco there to have AMERICAN ONLY hours to prevent People coming over the boarders from Canada to buy milk

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1773495.html

come on people, lighted up. THEY are spending money here in the states, & where is that money going, to the states.
I say COME ON OVER BABY!!!! Keep buying our milk. (to the dairy farmers BUY MORE COWS)

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:54 PM   #2
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
I also agree the Canadians are spending their money here. When i lived in michigan their was a time when we went over to Wndsor to buy stuff because it it was cheaper. I did not go. I was never in Canada with the Ambassador bridge was about 25 miles from me.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:25 PM   #3
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Wait a minute... is Washington State one of the most liberal states in the country? And they want to exclude people who are not Americans, from sharing in the wealth and benefits of this great country? Holy crap!
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:28 PM   #4
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
Wait, the people of Bellingham are AGAINST people visiting their town to spend money there? Unless I missed something, that makes no sense.
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:28 PM   #5
sugar'n'spice

Drives: .
Hey! I'm Canadian. I figure if they want to go over and spend their money...everyone benefits. One...yes, we are spending it in the US. and two...it's still cheaper for us. Woot !
sugar'n'spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:31 PM   #6
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar'n'spice View Post
Hey! I'm Canadian. I figure if they want to go over and spend their money...everyone benefits. One...yes, we are spending it in the US. and two...it's still cheaper for us. Woot !
You are welcome here anytime.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:52 PM   #7
mastertypodemon
Late Night Crew

Drives: 2010 SIM 1LT
Keep the canadians out! Before long, they'll start demanding spots to park their mooses! How can you trust a country that calls their money "loonies"?
mastertypodemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:05 PM   #8
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
I think a deeper conversation about the issues on both sides would be in order before I made judgement.
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:44 PM   #9
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
I left Bellingham in 1980, they were bitching about the Canadians taking up all the parking spots back then too. One of them called me a "yank", I told him "I'd rather be a yank than a jerk like you".
We get a goodly number here in Spokane, but since I park way the heck out in the back 40 and don't go to Costco at all, I say have at it my northern touque sportin' neighbors, eh?

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:07 AM   #10
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I go to Canada and buy their beer, why not let them buy our milk???

(there's probably a lot more to the story, like them buying it by the truckload, then the locals can't get any????)
Old 08-15-2012, 12:24 AM   #11
mastertypodemon
Late Night Crew

Drives: 2010 SIM 1LT
I dunno, could just be a simple "we don't like their kind" type of thing.

I do remember down in Texas, hearing about Americans going into Mexico for various medical related treatments/operations because it's cheaper there. So I don't really see what the issue would be.
mastertypodemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:05 AM   #12
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Let's take a look at the situation from a different perspective. Bellingham is roughly 50 miles south of Vancouver.

Bellingham, WA population = 81,070 (2011 census)
Vancouver, BC population = 603,502 (2011 census)

If only 1% of the Vancouver population crosses the border to buy milk at the less expensive Costco in Bellingham, you've got a 6,000 person influx of demand. That's a pretty significant impact to the local supply.

What I don't understand is why people are calling for a US-citizen-only shopping day when they really ought to be demanding that Costco keep a better track of the demand at each of their stores and plan accordingly.

Last I checked, Costco is a GLOBAL retail store, with stores in both the US and Canada, as well as 7 other countries. Hell, they're headquartered out of Issaquah, WA, which is less than 100 miles south of Bellingham. They ought to know the local economy pretty damn well.

That being said, the article posted kind of blows my mind how easily people can get their "emotions" pointed in the wrong direction. Where did all of the common sense go?

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:14 AM   #13
sugar'n'spice

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Let's take a look at the situation from a different perspective. Bellingham is roughly 50 miles south of Vancouver.

Bellingham, WA population = 81,070 (2011 census)
Vancouver, BC population = 603,502 (2011 census)

If only 1% of the Vancouver population crosses the border to buy milk at the less expensive Costco in Bellingham, you've got a 6,000 person influx of demand. That's a pretty significant impact to the local supply.

What I don't understand is why people are calling for a US-citizen-only shopping day when they really ought to be demanding that Costco keep a better track of the demand at each of their stores and plan accordingly.

Last I checked, Costco is a GLOBAL retail store, with stores in both the US and Canada, as well as 7 other countries. Hell, they're headquartered out of Issaquah, WA, which is less than 100 miles south of Bellingham. They ought to know the local economy pretty damn well.

That being said, the article posted kind of blows my mind how easily people can get their "emotions" pointed in the wrong direction. Where did all of the common sense go?
Unfortunately, their anger rushes up before common sense...sad huh?
sugar'n'spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:14 AM   #14
Q's 91z28
TX INFERNO SS

Drives: 1991 Z28
I live in South Texas and we have the same issues with Mexican nationals coming over and shopping here. It can get a bit annoying at times because the stores are always packed, but at the same time, the reason our economy is doing so well is because of them. Just this year Costco and Sams Club have opened new stores. We now have a Sam's Club on the North side of town away from the border. Its easy to get in an out of the new Sam's club. I say let the Canadian's come over and spend their money here all day long.