Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-11-2015, 08:07 PM   #1
aschex

Drives: Sedan
2016 Camaro Tour / Appearance Schedule

Not sure if this is up here yet, but here is a link to Chevy spelling out its tour for people to see the Camaro before hitting the market.

http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/2016...oit-debut.html
aschex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:27 PM   #2
Millertime555

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
"A red Camaro SS coupe"
I wonder if that's the same one that will be at the debut.
Millertime555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:47 PM   #3
Trans damm

Drives: Trans am
Damn. Nothing close to NY
Trans damm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 10:19 PM   #4
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
It does list Camaro Fest at Bowling Green.

"Chevrolet will deploy a fleet of Camaros during the August 7-9 Camaro Fest, an enthusiast event at Beech Bend Raceway in Bowling Green, Kentucky."

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:58 PM   #5
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
It does list Camaro Fest at Bowling Green.

"Chevrolet will deploy a fleet of Camaros during the August 7-9 Camaro Fest, an enthusiast event at Beech Bend Raceway in Bowling Green, Kentucky."
Also:
Quote:
"We aim to bring a range of powertrains and trim levels so people can see the diversity," Christensen said.
GM never seems to disappoint when bringing cars to the Fest, but for then to set aside a number of cars for us when there is another event going on at the same time in Reno is pretty neat.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 12:49 AM   #6
PurgeSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS, 2010 Tundra SR5
Seems I'll be having a road trip mid August.
2010 Camaro 2SS; BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR Polyurethane Bushings, Pfadt 1.25" Drop Springs, Pfadt Front and Rear Sways, Pfadt Subframe Connectors, 1LE 3.91 Differential with Jannetty Racing Posi Mod, LMR Short Throw Shifter, Skip Shift Eliminator, LED's all around, SCE 102mm Throttle Body, Rx Catch Can, ACS Front Splitter and Side Rockers, Forgestar 20x9 w/ 275's Front and 20x10.5 w/ 315's Rear, NOW INSTALLED: Kooks long tube headers 1 7/8 w/ high flow cats, CAI, Jannetty Racing SCE tune.
PurgeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 09:42 AM   #7
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
wonder if we can test drive them
Old 05-12-2015, 10:23 AM   #8
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodside783 View Post
wonder if we can test drive them
No. Even the chances of riding along in one would be microscopic. The cars are still prototypes so GM legal will probably put the kibosh on test driving them. Plus there are still going to be design secrets that they'll want to keep quiet until the last possible second -can't let Ford or Dodge know just how well it rides or handles afterall. Closest you might get is simply sitting in it, but I would be very surprised if even that happened.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 05-12-2015, 10:28 AM   #9

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
No. Even the chances of riding along in one would be microscopic. The cars are still prototypes so GM legal will probably put the kibosh on test driving them. Plus there are still going to be design secrets that they'll want to keep quiet until the last possible second -can't let Ford or Dodge know just how well it rides or handles afterall. Closest you might get is simply sitting in it, but I would be very surprised if even that happened.
When do the magazines get them to test? After they are for sale, or before?...can't remember how that goes....
90503 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 10:31 AM   #10
Iroc_Z28

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
When do the magazines get them to test? After they are for sale, or before?...can't remember how that goes....
Considering how the mags are testing the ATS V right now, i would say before they go on sale
Old 05-12-2015, 10:49 AM   #11
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
About a month or two before production begins usually. Then the information is embargoed and they can't speak about anything until GM (or whichever automaker) says they can, usually coinciding with the day that production begins but not always. The first batch of magazine cars will have had all (or at least most) of the kinks worked out from the captured test fleet testing. Those cars would still be early build units, so every now and then you'll hear of little things like misaligned trim panels or similar little defects. All the pieces are there & working right, they just might not have sorted out the best way to put them all together when those cars were built. That tends to not happen until they've built a few thousand cars.

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 05-12-2015, 11:46 AM   #12
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
I wonder what the odds are of one showing up end of June at the GM Nationals at Carlisle? N00001 is scheduled to be there, so Gen 6 might be a nice addition to that car list! I'm planning on going so I really really hope they add the show to the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:46 PM   #13
dirtdog67
Menehune

Drives: Currently: 2010 Camaro
If I show up as The Stig...
Attached Images

Old 05-12-2015, 06:57 PM   #14
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I thought this line was interesting

"We aim to bring a range of powertrains and trim levels so people can see the diversity," Christensen said."

What do you think it means?