Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-12-2012, 06:50 PM   #1
cornfield camaro

Drives: 2011 l99
ZL1 at local dealership

I was told today that the local dealership salesmen have been beating the crap of the single ZL1 on the lot. In fact, I'm not sure who was driving it, they went blasting by me on a 65MPH highway, guessing they were going over 100MPH. I don't think it's sold yet. I was also told one of the salemen lost it and went over the curb, busting up some stuff. The sales manager was bragging how powerful the car was, almost ditched it! The dipstick apparently doesn't know Zl1 tires are "summer tires" for a reason (not for 30 degree temps).
Guess what, they still want full bore list price! This really pi$$es me off!
If I was buying a new ZL1, I would make sure it didn't have miles on it because of if there is couple hundred on it's been rough ones.
cornfield camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:53 PM   #2
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Drives: 2010 SS, 1999 SS, 1993 Z28
If thats the case then whoever owns the dealership or manages it should be fired along with the other nimrods

Sent from my Apple sued Galaxy Note 2
stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:56 PM   #3
cornfield camaro

Drives: 2011 l99
Quote:
Originally Posted by stikSS View Post
If thats the case then whoever owns the dealership or manages it should be fired along with the other nimrods

Sent from my Apple sued Galaxy Note 2
Totally agree!!!
cornfield camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:05 PM   #4
david.inga

Drives: Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornfield camaro View Post
I was told today that the local dealership salesmen have been beating the crap of the single ZL1 on the lot. In fact, I'm not sure who was driving it, they went blasting by me on a 65MPH highway, guessing they were going over 100MPH. I don't think it's sold yet. I was also told one of the salemen lost it and went over the curb, busting up some stuff. The sales manager was bragging how powerful the car was, almost ditched it! The dipstick apparently doesn't know Zl1 tires are "summer tires" for a reason (not for 30 degree temps).
Guess what, they still want full bore list price! This really pi$$es me off!
If I was buying a new ZL1, I would make sure it didn't have miles on it because of if there is couple hundred on it's been rough ones.
That is ridiculous. If you found out about this, others are bound to as well. Someone will be fired.
david.inga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:07 PM   #5
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
Where is the GM customer service guy when stuff like this hits the form? Don't they ask what dealership???? or don't they really care?
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:11 PM   #6
quualudes

Drives: 2015 1SS 1LE MPP
There was a ZL1 at the dealership where I got my Camaro at. NOBODY could drive it unless they bought it first.

That thing was sweeeeet too!
quualudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:13 PM   #7
david.inga

Drives: Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by quualudes View Post
There was a ZL1 at the dealership where I got my Camaro at. NOBODY could drive it unless they bought it first.
And that's how it should be.
david.inga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:26 PM   #8
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by david.inga View Post
And that's how it should be.
I politely disagree. A ZL1 is a rare car, but not an impossibly rare car. If there's one sitting on the lot, it means it hasn't been spoken for yet. And if someone shows an intent (and proof) of their ability to purchase, I think they should be able to go for a test drive (within reason).

Now, if someone is special-ordering a ZL1 and a deposit has been given, and their car is rolling off the truck for delivery, then I agree. Nobody should drive the car off the dealership lot except for the owner who has already spoken for it
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #9
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
that's crazy, I'm surprised that they are getting away with what they're doing
Old 12-12-2012, 08:34 PM   #10
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Well I'm not buying my ZL1 in Iowa......
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #11
starhutch
THE RED ROCKER

Drives: 2013 ZL1 VR
Sales manager for my Z made sure when it rolled off the trailer into the detail bay for pdi that it was not to move. From my discussions with him when I arrived for pick up some of the guys at the dealership were pissed that they were not able to take even a light stroll in the car to check it out.

Drove off the lot with 7 miles.....now thats a good sales manager.
starhutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:37 PM   #12
KaliGman

Drives: 2012 2SS RS traded/ 2013 ZL1 coupe
Concur

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADLS3 View Post
I politely disagree. A ZL1 is a rare car, but not an impossibly rare car. If there's one sitting on the lot, it means it hasn't been spoken for yet. And if someone shows an intent (and proof) of their ability to purchase, I think they should be able to go for a test drive (within reason).

Now, if someone is special-ordering a ZL1 and a deposit has been given, and their car is rolling off the truck for delivery, then I agree. Nobody should drive the car off the dealership lot except for the owner who has already spoken for it
This is the way I feel as well. I would never buy a new car without test driving it. Test driving the same model and ordering one from the factory is understandable. Buying a collector car without driving it first could be reasonable, especially if it was going to be used more as an investment or display piece than automobile. The ZL1may be collectible later on, but right now it is just a new car. I own one which I bought off the lot for quite a bit below sticker price. Had I not been allowed to test drive it, I would not have purchased it. I have driven too many high performance,expensive vehicles that just did not impress me once I actually was behind the wheel for me to shell out a lot of cash for a car I had not driven and determined was something I really wanted. The ZL1 I bought had 9 miles on it when I test drove it the first time. I came back several days later, talked to my salesman, drove the car again, and decided it was so good I had to buy it.
KaliGman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:32 PM   #13
Cymaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT2/RS
Well according to their website it has a 5.3L
Cymaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:06 PM   #14
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymaro View Post
Well according to their website it has a 5.3L
In which case, it IS a collector's car. "The world's only factory ZL1 with a 5.3"
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote