#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 09-09-2016, 09:02 AM   #99
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou A View Post
Thinking like that will cost you 4 to 5 grand more than you need to give up. It takes patients and in time there will be plenty of $65000 Camaro's that dealers want to move. It is very easy to get a Z07 package vette now, not so much at launch.
Maybe someone can chime in & confirm if there was a GT 350R purchased under MSRP...maybe it is still too new as well, but none of the Ford guys would consider anything other than an addy Market Adjustment over MSRP I talked to.

Paying MSRP on a desirable vehicle doesn't bother me in these instances, but pricing a market adjustment overage just sticks in my craw personally and won't do it. Luckily I have a relationship with ownership of a local Chevy dealer who committed to nothing over. Really worked out for the best as I dig this ZL1 over the Ford & don't mind waiting.

It will be hard not to gloat the day I get drive past the Ford dealerships...
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 09:51 AM   #100
Lou A

Drives: 16' Audi S5 6MT
I have another allocation at a different dealer, we will see if they want to sell a car today....
Lou A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:16 AM   #101
mkorgan

Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2017 ZL1
FWIW, allocations do NOT seem hard to come by for the ZL1. Not sure if it is a similar hangover that the Gen6 sales have experienced or if there is just not that much interest but I have three dealers in 50 miles of my house with available allocations. DO NOT PAY MORE THAN MSRP. If allocations were difficult to come by, then maybe but that does not seem to be the case. I was told by one dealer that both of his allocation were spoken for until the A10 was pushed to Phase 2. He since has filled 1 but still has another 1 available. M6 guys, your up.
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 12:57 PM   #102
Lou A

Ok, 3 dealers later and I can admit when I was wrong. Msrp is as low as they will go. Was also told that no dealer knows of they are getting one even know they took my order. And I also heard the, I've got 5 guys lined up with check books the minute I get one on the lot
Old 09-09-2016, 01:10 PM   #103
mkorgan

Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Ok, 3 dealers later and I can admit when I was wrong. Msrp is as low as they will go. Was also told that no dealer knows of they are getting one even know they took my order. And I also heard the, I've got 5 guys lined up with check books the minute I get one on the lot
The "no dealer knows" is BS. The dealer can go on GM Global Connect and see if they can build one. If they can, they have at least 1 allocated vehicle. If they can't...well...they don't. I saw this with my own eye's, both scenarios. I wanted to go with a dealer that my good friend is the service manager and so I went in and sat down with him and the GM of the dealership. They went into GM GlobalConnect and had ZERO allocations and where not able to submit an order to the 1100 status. I then went to my fall back dealer, where we did the SAME EXACT THING, he saw he had an allocation, we built the car, and submitted it and got a 1100 status immediately. Dealers lie. They lie almost habitually. That is why I am posting me experience on another thread so people can see how it should work (I hope anyway).
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 03:02 PM   #104
Lou A

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkorgan View Post
The "no dealer knows" is BS. The dealer can go on GM Global Connect and see if they can build one. If they can, they have at least 1 allocated vehicle. If they can't...well...they don't. I saw this with my own eye's, both scenarios. I wanted to go with a dealer that my good friend is the service manager and so I went in and sat down with him and the GM of the dealership. They went into GM GlobalConnect and had ZERO allocations and where not able to submit an order to the 1100 status. I then went to my fall back dealer, where we did the SAME EXACT THING, he saw he had an allocation, we built the car, and submitted it and got a 1100 status immediately. Dealers lie. They lie almost habitually. That is why I am posting me experience on another thread so people can see how it should work (I hope anyway).
I challenged him on what I was told and he went in in his office and showed me the global connect order list and said this doesn't mean I have an allocation, there are 0 phase 1 allocation and the orders are phase two that's why it is going to take till April before I get the car.
Old 09-10-2016, 03:27 PM   #105
OminouSS

Drives: Red Hot track candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwebster View Post
It seems things are a little behind, according to the leaked schedule:
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=121

Is consensus still going on? I'm not sure how that part works. Are there regional, district, and local consensus and then a final decided by GM?

Are allocations still being given out? My conversation below seems to imply they haven't finished the process yet.

At 12:40 PM yesterday I got a call from a saleswoman at one of the local dealers I've been talking to about allocations. She said her managers were on a conference call all morning with their district general manager and likely to continue after lunch. When I asked about DOSP starting she agreed but she thinks they're still going through consensus. She would call me after meetings were over.

At 2:55 PM She calls back and tells me her sales manager said to have me go on the Chevy web site "builder" to configure my ZL1 then bring them a copy of it. They expect to have an allocation next week.

I told her that I don't think the builder for the ZL1 is online yet - just checked a few days ago. She thought it should be up soon. I told her that if it's not up, I'll just come by with my build list.

Does this sound like a stall tactic to anyone else? I don't see what they'd have to gain by putting me on hold like that. If they're not stalling, I wonder if this sales manager is just not as plugged in as I would expect.

Cal
I think you'll find that most sales managers and even Gm's don't know more than what you do just from the education you receive in this forum. I'm buying through a longtime friend who is the managing partner of a medium sized dealer in the San Francisco Bay Area. This is my 6 th car from them and my 3rd special order. He is continually amazed at my current knowledge of the process and sometimes even asks me where they're at. Look at it this way: even though he owns and runs the place he has 20 products to sell. He is not going to keep up on the minutiae like we do. Now, he does have an inventory manager who tends to know a bit more but still not like we do. We are drawing from thousands of experiences, not just one allocation. I wish GM would allow a little autonomy to the consumer in the form of access but I guess knowledge is power. They control that and with it comes manufactured hype, supply and, demand.
Old 09-10-2016, 03:33 PM   #106
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by OminouSS View Post
I think you'll find that most sales managers and even Gm's don't know more than what you do just from the education you receive in this forum. I'm buying through a longtime friend who is the managing partner of a medium sized dealer in the San Francisco Bay Area. This is my 6 th car from them and my 3rd special order. He is continually amazed at my current knowledge of the process and sometimes even asks me where they're at. Look at it this way: even though he owns and runs the place he has 20 products to sell. He is not going to keep up on the minutiae like we do. Now, he does have an inventory manager who tends to know a bit more but still not like we do. We are drawing from thousands of experiences, not just one allocation. I wish GM would allow a little autonomy to the consumer in the form of access but I guess knowledge is power. They control that and with it comes manufactured hype, supply and, demand.
^^^This is true.

They have a large lot full of cars to worry about so understandably this is not priority.
Old 09-12-2016, 06:54 AM   #107
cwebster
Cal

Drives: 2017 6th Gen Camaro ZL1 Coupe M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by OminouSS View Post
I paid them a visit unannounced on Saturday. They ran a "Run Pass One" on the GM Order Workbench (see below). At least these guys were straight with me. They told me they've got one allocation locked in (I presume during consensus last Thu) and one customer who's getting it. They hope to get another this week but wouldn't guarantee it. If they get it they'll call me.

One of their sales managers told me that apparently, the Southeast allocations have been raided to favor the Northeast after recent storms rolled through. When I pressed him asking if it could be that his dealership lost out in favor of those selling more ZL1's, he pointed out that his dealerships sell a large number of high performance cars including Corvettes and Camaros. He claimed that noone in our region is getting allocations. I tend to believe him because they have a NASCAR Camaro sitting in their showroom with photo on it showing a recent winner circle photo of another Camaro with their dealership's name painted on it.

The Order Workbench printout seems to show thaty have no allocations in several areas for the next production period (10/03/2016 - 10/09/2016).

Attached Images

cwebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 01:24 PM   #108
Lou A

I have been told by 5 different dealers that they skipped phase 1 and we are getting our cars in March. If told anything else it was a mistake.
Old 09-12-2016, 07:24 PM   #109
Nawambo

Drives: 2023 Kia EV6 GT (577hp!)
^^^ I seriously hope that's not true. I'm supposed to find out more from a dealer I trust this week, so we'll see what he has to say.
2013 Boss 302 (Sold)
2006 STI (Sold)
Track and Rally Partners
Nawambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 11:33 AM   #110
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction

the debate in my head... 2017 Z06 or 2017 ZL1...
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 11:48 AM   #111
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post

the debate in my head... 2017 Z06 or 2017 ZL1...

Please come back and join us again in with a new ZL1.

Glad to have you back in the house!!!
Old 09-14-2016, 01:00 PM   #112
jesusmetal777
noob

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
Quote:
I have been told by 5 different dealers that they skipped phase 1 and we are getting our cars in March. If told anything else it was a mistake.
My Phase 1 Red Hot M6 Coupe passed to 3000 SRE this morning. Castle Chevrolet in Villa Park has a second Phase 1 M6 ZL1 TRE 3000 that is Summit White (still up for grabs). GM rep promised Castle the cars by January. If you're interested ask for Zack and tell him Greg sent you!
jesusmetal777 is offline   Reply With Quote