Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > International Regions > Middle East

Old 03-25-2013, 05:42 PM   #1
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Visiting Dubai

I will be in Dubai from the 26th of March till at least the 5th of April if not longer. I was wondering if there is anything Camaro related going on or other thingsthat are must see while I am there. I appreciate y'all's input. Thx.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:54 AM   #2
Ajmalian

Drives: 2017 ZL1 and 2016 GMC Sierra Denali
Unfortunately you just missed the Motoring Middle East fest that was last weekend on the 22nd March. It wasn't Camaro specific but there was a good Camaro presence there. I'm afraid there's nothing else Camaro related as such happening anytime soon. :-(

Otherwise, worth seeing things/places in Dubai are places like Wild Wadi (Carry your swim suits for this one), Burj Khalifa's At The Top, Madinat Jumeira, Dubai Festival City, Dubai Mall and Mall of the Emirates for shopping. Be sure to go dune bashing whilst here and if you are looking for some motoring action, try and visit Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi.... (http://www.yasmarinacircuit.com/en/A...paign=Drifting)
....about an hour and half or less from Dubai...tons of things to do there all motor sport related. If your missing your Camaro to much, they have Camaros there at the circuit that you can rent out and test your skills on the drag strip or even go on a specialized track where they will teach you how to drift using the very same Camaros!! Hope you have fun!!
Ajmalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:12 PM   #3
mp51998

Thx for the tips. I've been here for a couple days now and haven't seen one Camaro. I have seen about four different Mustangs tho. If I'm off this weekend I'll try to get out to some of the places you mentioned. Sounds like Abu Dhabi is my best bet for car stuff. I'll see if I can make my way over there. The way the office is talking I may start coming over regularly. Thx again.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:30 AM   #4
Ajmalian

What??!! You haven't seen one Camaro??!! Go to Jumeirah beach road and chill at Tim Hortons in a small shopping centre called "Jumeirah centre" or "Markaz Al Jumeriah (Arabic for Jumeirah centre", especially on a Thursdy night. You should see all the cars that you ever wanted to!
Old 04-03-2013, 06:16 AM   #5
mp51998

I have actually seen about five so far. Only one confirmed as an SS. Three RS and one was driving ahead of me so I couldnt tell. I'm staying in Al Barsha right now and there is a rental place down the road with a couple. Im leaeing Friday for about ten days and then coming back. Maybe I'll try to hit up Markaz Al Jumeriah tomorrow evening. Now, have seen some really nice Mercs and Porshes. Even a Maserati GranTurismo so I know there as some really nice cars here. Looking forward to getting out more as I learn my way around.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:49 AM   #6
mp51998

Well I'm back. Was at the Mall of the Emirates the other day. There was a Bugotti and half a dozen Ferrari's there. Nice parking lot to say the least.
It looks like I'll be doing a rotation over here for a while. There is even talk of transferring. My wife and I both have '11 SS. Both cars have the Night Fury cam, LT's, off road pipes. She has stock exhaust from there back. Mine has the Pype Bomb axle back. Both cars are pretty loud, mines particularly so. If I transfer and we bring the cars does anyone know if ill be able to bring them in the country or will I have to mod the exhaust? There seems to be a huge car culture here and I wouldn't mind being here full time. Thanks for any help you may provide.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:08 PM   #7
RenegadeSS

Drives: Camaro LLT
Did you go to the mall of Dubai? Last I went there it was not even halfway finished? I do like the TGIF right next to the sky slope though. I like how people daily drive GTRs, Porches, and Lamborghinis there.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:01 AM   #8
mp51998

Yes I went the other day. Also did the Burj Khalifa. Nice view from the observation deck. I like it here and could see myself living here for a while. It is definitely a different culture than we are used to at home but still nice. We'll see if I still like it when the heat really kicks in in August.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:14 AM   #9
Ajmalian

mp51998, regarding your exhaust issue, yes, ideally you need permission from RTA (Roads & Transport Authority) here to have a car with such modifications, however if you take it to some certain places for registration, they simply let it slide. However, should either of your cars have issues with emissions, then you are looking at redoing your whole exhaust to a stock set up just for the sake of registering the vehicle, then you can slap back your modified set up.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:46 AM   #10
mp51998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajmalian View Post
mp51998, regarding your exhaust issue, yes, ideally you need permission from RTA (Roads & Transport Authority) here to have a car with such modifications, however if you take it to some certain places for registration, they simply let it slide. However, should either of your cars have issues with emissions, then you are looking at redoing your whole exhaust to a stock set up just for the sake of registering the vehicle, then you can slap back your modified set up.
Thank you for that reply. I read somewhere that someone was pulled over for his car being to loud. Does that happen often? Do you know where I would look to get more detailed info on importing a car? If not ill fumble around in google. Thx again.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:12 AM   #11
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
ive been there 4 times now, as previously stated, wild wadi is an great water park. Check out Atlantis too, great time there! The Ferrari theme park is pretty awesome as well. The mall of Emerates is great for shopping. Dubai is a pretty awesome place, have fun.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:58 AM   #12
mp51998

I'm not a big water park fan but if my kids come I'll take them. Gonna try to go to Atlantis while here. I'm working during the week but usually have the weekends off. Been having a nice time so far. Went to JBR last night for dinner. I hear its crazy crowded on the weekends. It was suggested before that I go on a Thursday evening to see the cars that hang out. I'm staying in the Al Barsha area so its kind near stuff unless I want to go to Bur Dubai. Then its 30-40 minutes depending on traffic. Or Metro is right here to. Cheap but gets crowded during rush hr. So far so good. Not looking forward to when the heat really kicks in.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:10 AM   #13
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
well Atlantis is pretty chill. they have their own beach....plus its out on that man made palm island....so its pretty cool just to say you've been out there.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #14
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp51998 View Post
I'm not a big water park fan but if my kids come I'll take them. Gonna try to go to Atlantis while here. I'm working during the week but usually have the weekends off. Been having a nice time so far. Went to JBR last night for dinner. I hear its crazy crowded on the weekends. It was suggested before that I go on a Thursday evening to see the cars that hang out. I'm staying in the Al Barsha area so its kind near stuff unless I want to go to Bur Dubai. Then its 30-40 minutes depending on traffic. Or Metro is right here to. Cheap but gets crowded during rush hr. So far so good. Not looking forward to when the heat really kicks in.
Well if you are looking for real water thrill, drop by Muscat next month.

It is the cyclones season and it is 5hrs drive from Dubai .

Go for the real stuff man