Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 12-30-2009, 07:06 AM   #15
firengnred

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 2006 2500 Silverado
I ordered one just before Christmas. Called them yesterday. they said at least a three week wait. Going to call Jannetty on Monday. If in stock will order from them and cancel order with CAI Inc. Have an appointment with Superior Automotive on Monday that I'm going to have to push back.

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, for they will become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny."
firengnred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:38 AM   #16
Camaro_hx
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to Camaro_hx
Quote:
Originally Posted by getarz4u15ster View Post

CHEERS MATE! Im deffinetly down with that!
Camaro_hx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:52 AM   #17
getarz4u15ster

Drives: Camaro RJT 2SS/RS
Man I'm seeing alot of RJT Camaro's in this thread! Me and NTGILTY are the only ones i've seen so far in Maryland riding around. Glad to see there are others out there.
Manley Race Valves
Comp Chromoly push-rods
Ported T/B
DT Headers, JBA H/F Catted mid pipes
Magna Flow Comp series exhaust w/ Xpipe
Comp Custom grind Cam
Tune and Machine work done by MPC
CAI Intake
getarz4u15ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:50 AM   #18
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by firengnred View Post
I ordered one just before Christmas. Called them yesterday. they said at least a three week wait. Going to call Jannetty on Monday. If in stock will order from them and cancel order with CAI Inc. Have an appointment with Superior Automotive on Monday that I'm going to have to push back.
You and me both buddy!!! I think i'm just going to submit my order through Jannetty and hope for the best. I've been convinced that this is the intake for me. Some people are worried about the CARB sticker (or lack of) here in Cali, but if I recall correctly, my 2001 Tacoma had a different well-known brand intake without a CARB sticker and it passed smog with no issue Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:21 PM   #19
ajp
50th Anniversary Vert

Drives: Camaro 2017 50th Anniversary
I had the CAI installed last week. It looks great, but my installer felt that it didnt fit correctly where the filter attaches to the aluminum pipe. He had to add some 'dents' to the pipe for better grip where the hose clip attaches. Without it, everytime he tightened one end, the other end would come loose.

I took a look and it does seem that the filter doesnt sit straight, its designed to be slightly angeled away from the water reservoir.

I have been checking the CAI every other day to make sure it doesnt come loose anywhere. But so far no issues (fingers crossed).
Old 12-30-2009, 03:00 PM   #20
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajp View Post
I had the CAI installed last week. It looks great, but my installer felt that it didnt fit correctly where the filter attaches to the aluminum pipe. He had to add some 'dents' to the pipe for better grip where the hose clip attaches. Without it, everytime he tightened one end, the other end would come loose.

I took a look and it does seem that the filter doesnt sit straight, its designed to be slightly angeled away from the water reservoir.

I have been checking the CAI every other day to make sure it doesnt come loose anywhere. But so far no issues (fingers crossed).
Thanks for the heads up! I'll be sure to look for that when I get a chance to install it.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:03 PM   #21
firengnred

Really like the Vararam but the wait is too long (I'm impatient) and I'm not convinced of their claims where as the CAI has proven numbers thanks to Jannetty

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, for they will become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny."
Old 12-30-2009, 11:07 PM   #22
Don O
Camaro and Vettehead

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM L99 69 427/400 Vette
Really like the fit, finish and sound of mine. Need to dyno and take it to the track to test the performance. Highly recommend it.

Don O
Attached Images

Don O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:19 PM   #23
superstockcam

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by getarz4u15ster View Post
I received my Intake from "Cold Air Inductions" after much research and very helpful thread comparing all the intake systems that are available for the new 2010 Camaro SS thanks to Jannetty Racing . This one proved to provide the best overall torque and horsepower ratings in my view.

Anyway it only took 20 minutes disassemble the factory intake AND Install the new one. The fit and finish is excellent, and as far as power is concerned... Very very impressed, throttle response in much better, butt factor dyno is improved, not to mention the more aggressive sound under the hood. and now I have a to feather the throttle with TC on or off if i punch it at a roll to keep it from burning the tires off of it.

My Recommendation... buy this one ... it's a good investment, for the horsepower and money.

Will post photos as soon.
I agree, I was going to wait for my stock/CAI dyno pulls but I snuck it on and it is very good indeed! and worth the money just for how good it looks IMO
________
How much demerol is lethal

Last edited by superstockcam; 04-19-2011 at 03:33 AM.
superstockcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 10:52 AM   #24
Rafsanjani
What now Bitches?

Drives: 2013 SW ZL1
I will be buying one of these next week. Love the look and love the performance specs I've seen to date.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:39 AM   #25
Snake Slayer

Drives: Awaiting 2014 C7
Guys just a heads up Janetty Racing has a coupon code Christmasjre which is 10 percent of anything listed on their website. I order one of these for $369.00 shipped.
Snake Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:20 PM   #26
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

God damnit!!!! I ordered mine from Jannetty yesterday before seeing the coupon code today!!!! Thanks for the heads up, do you think they will honor the coupon code on my order?
Old 01-01-2010, 12:10 PM   #27
firengnred

Quote:
I order one of these for $369.00 shipped.
So they didn't give you the advertised FREE SHIPPING either huh?

Old 01-03-2010, 02:40 AM   #28
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

I think we will all qualify for the free shipping. it may not reflect until the order is actually processed. hopefully they don't run out of stock!!