Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Old 01-31-2020, 08:53 PM   #1
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
HPDE question(s)

I am wondering if there is any type of road racing event that allows you to run a few laps for time with no other traffic. Not to excited about being stuck behind slower vehicles OR holding back more experienced/faster contestants. I live in AZ so I'm looking for SW region events. I may consider autocross but I would really like to see the other side of 100 in a safe and controlled environment.
ariZona28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 09:12 PM   #2
bkevind

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Around here NASA and SCCA put on time trials events, but no guarantee you'll get a no traffic lap. You have to be signed off by an instructor, which can take a little while if you have no history.

Some events and some tracks with some orgs you can get plenty of space on track, at least in parts. I ran in the slowest group out at MSR-Houston and was able get plenty of speed...not many clean laps, some due to traffic, others just due to my driving lol. Saw 135 easily enough and it's not really a super high speed track.

You can get a lot of seat time also at club tracks with memberships. Not sure what's out in AZ.

In Texas you can get a membership at MSR-Houston, MSR-Cresson, Eagles Canyon Raceway, Harris Hill Road, Driveway Austin (not really a membership but sort of).

Anyway...if you haven't already just go to a HPDE, you might be surprised if you time it right you can get some clean air out there...
Forgestar CF-5 19x11
bkevind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 01:05 AM   #3
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Move up a run group which is always a option.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote