Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 04-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #6707
tahseenmahmood
Mr. Ricer

Drives: Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
Tahseen, I applaud you for being able to laugh at yourself and stereotypes. The world would be a much better place if all would not take everything so seriously (ie: not be so d@mn uptight and "offended").
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav2SS View Post

Did you bargain him down to 70? I mean that is a classic sterotype of Indian/Asian is that a price is always negotiable. Thats why I love shopping in Chinatowns
lol no i dint.. all though i did bargain a lot and got whole bunch of stuff from china town on my trip to NYC last weekend ..lol
Let me tell yall a secret asian people are proud of beeing cheap ....haha

------

This is what i was reffering to... and its very close to my house..

http://www.kirkautodetail.com/services.html

$60 - $90

All exterior detailing services receive a full-service hand wash / dry, cleaning of wheels, wheel wells, tires, tar, bug and road grime removal. Exterior rubber trim and tires are dressed and conditioned.
Our two-step service is intended to correct minor to medium paint imperfections like light scratches and oxidation. Your car is first professionally machine buffed through our exclusive swirl free foam pad buffing process which uses specialty polishes, glazes with resins to restore the paint as close to it's original beauty. Our wax is machine applied to seal in the protection and leave a "wet look" brilliant shine. Additional cost for compounding.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:46 PM   #6708
Bumblebee2012

Drives: 2012 2SS TF3, 1971 Chevelle
What is the opinion of running long tube headers with cat delete pipes vs running long tube headers with high flow (aftermarket) cats?

Are the high flow cats taking a large chunk away from the table when compared to running straight cat deletes?

Also, where do you find the O2 sensor extensions for installing long tubes?
Bumblebee2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:49 PM   #6709
Seer

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahseenmahmood View Post
Thanks for the offer Jay. I have talked to this guy who said he can wash/clay/buffout/wax for 70 bucks... i dont want a detailed job just to make reduce the swrils a bit.. i can do the interior work my self.. im indian so i have to get it done the cheap way..lol
$70 buff job is going to introduce a lot of holograms. I'd run away. Theres a reason why most detailers charge $300-500 for paint correction. Sounds more like theyre glazing the paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee2012 View Post
What is the opinion of running long tube headers with cat delete pipes vs running long tube headers with high flow (aftermarket) cats?

Are the high flow cats taking a large chunk away from the table when compared to running straight cat deletes?

I tend to not run cats with boost because the cats end up dying shortly after. You can call the header company or try casper electronics.
Seer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:24 PM   #6710
Bumblebee2012

Drives: 2012 2SS TF3, 1971 Chevelle
I'm worried about the bull crap beaver county emmissions rules. The car will be tuned so cats or not, it will pass the OBD2 test. But if the shop actually does a visual I would be screwed.
Bumblebee2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:34 PM   #6711
demonspeed
not afraid of the wall

Drives: Camaros
What Jay said. However, from my understanding of N/A applications, running without cats negligibly helps with power. Since it's not a DD, I'd not hesitate to go catless.

Jay and I are "fortunate" to live in Butler without emissions inspection. It also helps to have a "friend" for inspections, too. Beaver/Allegheny/Westmoreland guys... sorry you've got to deal with the smog Nazi's!
demonspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:52 PM   #6712
tahseenmahmood
Mr. Ricer

Quote:

i remember some one had a catless with a resonator setup to get rid of raspiness.. not sure if it implies here
Old 04-04-2013, 02:54 PM   #6713
tahseenmahmood
Mr. Ricer

Quote:
What Jay said. However, from my understanding of N/A applications, running without cats negligibly helps with power. Since it's not a DD, I'd not hesitate to go catless.

Jay and I are "fortunate" to live in Butler without emissions inspection. It also helps to have a "friend" for inspections, too. Beaver/Allegheny/Westmoreland guys... sorry you've got to deal with the smog Nazi's!

i know a guy on noblestowns road who just plugs in his thing makes sure there are no codes.. drives around for a bit gives the sticker.. it took less than 10 mns for my test a few months ago.. he charged 70 - 75 bucks for two diffrent tests for Allegheny county..
Old 04-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #6714
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Quote:

I can't wait to get back into Butler County. I ran teh Accord's cat gutted out for probably 5-6 yrs. Emissions can kiss my ass.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:19 PM   #6715
Trav2SS
MTMTEYE

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
you can get what I have, the "catless cat pipes" from texas speed, I got them with my headers from them. The codes are turned out, but it would pass the visual unless they unbolted and looked inside them.. o

Or.. take a spike and a hammer and smash out the honeycomb.. I did that with my 3rd rear cat on my Subaru after my downpipe, but didnt get it all though.. a peice broke off and started to rattle inside, and one night as I floored it up a hill in beaver under full boost the peice remaining inside of it broke off completely and I shot out a nice glowing fireball of environmental deadliness out my tail pipe with a bang..

Aftermarket bolt on parts and tune.. 434hp/395tq
Daily Driver.
Trav2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #6716
demonspeed
not afraid of the wall

Drives: Camaros
The only issue with knocking out the catalyst of a factor converter is you're losing money. People pay good money for used converters due to the platinum, so if you're ditching your cats, sell them to a junk yard!
demonspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:00 PM   #6717
Trav2SS
MTMTEYE

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Yea, I wish I knew that when I was young and naive. Made a few bucks off the Camaro ones tho

Quote:
The only issue with knocking out the catalyst of a factor converter is you're losing money. People pay good money for used converters due to the platinum, so if you're ditching your cats, sell them to a junk yard!

Aftermarket bolt on parts and tune.. 434hp/395tq
Daily Driver.
Trav2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:01 PM   #6718
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Quote:
Yep, when I knocked the guts outta mind, made a little cash from the platinum.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #6719
Seer

Quote:
I'm worried about the bull crap beaver county emmissions rules. The car will be tuned so cats or not, it will pass the OBD2 test. But if the shop actually does a visual I would be screwed.
I'm sure we can find a few places that will pass you. Also if you drive under 5000 a year, youre inspection exempt.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:47 PM   #6720
Seer

Quote:

new 5.0's gain upwards of 15-20rwhp by removing their cats. This is on a car that was already tuned as well. They run a a true shorty header from the factory that flows really well for factory exhaust, but the factory cats are massive and the H pipe has a tiny cross over pipe. So moving to an offroad pipe is huge for those cars.