Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-03-2010, 11:56 AM   #15
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
And that is not even a fair comparison! That's my MODIFIED stock intake (air silencer removed and IAT relocation). So a true 100% stock vs the Injen would have shown even better results for the Injen!
Wow... Okay then! I think I am ready to pull the trigger on the Injen again LOL. I've seen you install pics on the forums and your Website. Is it that simple? No issues installing yourself? I'll probably PM you about the Injen later on. About Hydro Shields, etc. Thanks John.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankind View Post
I did the FM AT at the same time i did my Injen. Definately felt better. maybe a combo of the two but certainly didn't lose anything. And my car does not have a tune.

The deal with it losing torque on their cars may be a valid concern for them. It isn't with your Camaro though.
Without a tune on your injen, does your car run too Lean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
I had a 01 subaru legacy GT that I put in a WRX engine and drive train ( yes this was tuned, kind of had too). I had an Injen intake on it and it surely did not decrease the torque. I then bought a Scion TC with the super charger in 06 and put an Injen intake on it which showed a decent increase in torque (not tuned). This was the reason I put one on my camaro. Your buddies don't know what they are missing !
That is interesting... both of them bought K&N Intakes... and both said they swear they felt they LOST torque... but they could gain speed much longer at a lower RPM. Maybe some CAIs give you negative results? haha.. its okay, if the Injen works out even better, I'll just suprise them

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIDNIGHTANGEL View Post
You get more torque simple as that I just installed mine yesterday and now from a dead start my nose will dip upward before it wouldnt NOW ITS A GO! Its kool cuz it sounds like it Sucks up all the air in a ft diameter of the filter "SWUUUUP!"
Dang, sounds awesome.. I really can't wait to get it then! =D I'll only be able to get the Intake first, exhausts and others will be next... (Not too much cash left) lol.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:52 PM   #16
RED10LS

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/RS Silver
The Injen Kicks ASS!!!! Get it now!!!
RED10LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 12:20 AM   #17
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Well.. I have the Injen and I love it. For me its mostly for the sound difference and waking up the engine.

Another note, if they say that they FELT losing torque after swapping out an intake, i would have to call BS. Theres no way that it would drop enough to where you can actually feel a difference. The only way you would tell, to be absolutely certain, is to dyno it, before and after each mod and see what happened with it. The only time i've felt an actual difference on one of my cars from a simple bolt on, was when i changed out a stock 16g turbo to a Hahn Racing Super 20G turbo.. lol. Amongst the other mods.. BIG difference going from 210hp at the crank to 450 at the wheels lol. THAT you can definitely feel.

I say.. it's all in their heads. My opinion.. but who knows. right?
Old 07-04-2010, 07:49 PM   #18
Markal
White Lightnin

Drives: 2010 Summit White Camaro LS
I think everyone is forgetting the technology GM put into this car. The engine runs using computer chips....these chips control many functions....fuel lean/rich, spark advance/retard, etc. After a mod like an intake it may take a few hundred miles and some hard throttle driving for the chips to "re-learn" the driver's style and adjust the engine needs accordingly. Don't baby it....floor it often after a performance mod!
I have an Ingen CAI and have especially noticed a louder engine sound as well as a slightly better throttle response...but, I'm waiting for the GM technology to "kick-in" and recognize the mods/ higher octane fuel I now use and that I like to drive FAST!!! I'd like to see some modded Camaro dyno's after a few hundred hard driven miles......
Markal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 06:26 PM   #19
esfkotaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6, Black with CGM
I think I'm about to that point, lol. 5k miles on the car, ~4250 since I put on the MRT 2.0's and the Injen, running 93 Oct since day 1. Less than 200 miles are highway, and since I got this car I just can't seem to keep my foot out of it. lol

Coming soon (end of summer, hopefully):
JBA Shorties :: Hurst or MTI Shifter (undecided)
New 20" Wheels (undecided) :: Fogs :: GFX :: CF Heat Extractor hood :: Painted-On CGM Stripes :: G-2 Painted Calipers :: Painted Bowties
esfkotaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:38 PM   #20
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
lol... UGH... I had to withdraw my Injen Purchase! I got an Insurance bill today... since I have had an accident about 2 months ago... my Insurance went up 1200 dollars for the year, I have to cough up 4 Grand. Soooooooooooooooooo... MAJOR setback. I guess I'll just have to DROOL over your stories guys =(
Old 07-05-2010, 07:52 PM   #21
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan323 View Post
lol... UGH... I had to withdraw my Injen Purchase! I got an Insurance bill today... since I have had an accident about 2 months ago... my Insurance went up 1200 dollars for the year, I have to cough up 4 Grand. Soooooooooooooooooo... MAJOR setback. I guess I'll just have to DROOL over your stories guys =(
Dang... sucks... been there myself... I was in the HIGH RISK POOL and it sucked!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote