Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

View Poll Results: Should "pre-order" cars be built now before all others?
Yes- I agree 204 87.18%
No- I disagree 30 12.82%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-06-2009, 10:11 AM   #1261
martman
MARTMAN

Drives: 2010 Orange, 2SS,RS, M6
New to the Forum

Ordered my new Camaro SS/RS on May 27th. The dealer tells me he will not order it until "the next cycle" which is the end of June. What does this mean and why the long wait just to place the order into the system. Thanks.

UPDATE: Got my order # in the mail from the dealer today. NKVOO. I think the salesman was pulling my chain.

2010 INFERNO ORANGE 2SS/RS, 6 SPD

Can't wait. But I still have my C6 Vette to see me through.

Last edited by martman; 06-06-2009 at 06:32 PM.
martman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 10:18 AM   #1262
Treadstone

Drives: Z51 BABY!
I agree on the dealer cars. I personally think what they did was stupid and showed lack of foresight. They obviously knew the demand was going to be high. What did they think dealers were going to do with them? Let them sit and get driven like crazy, or sell and make 5k+ on them?
Old 06-06-2009, 10:19 AM   #1263
Treadstone

Drives: Z51 BABY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by martman View Post
Ordered my new Camaro SS/RS on May 27th. The dealer tells me he will not order it until "the next cycle" which is the end of June. What does this mean and why the long wait just to place the order into the system. Thanks.
Means your dealer has no allocations. You need to tell him to input your order and get an order number, so you are price protected. Explain to him, that he can still input the order and it won't affect anything. GM just won't pick it up until his allocations come through.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:25 PM   #1264
dbotsfordtat

Drives: 2016 Camaro
I picked mine up today, ordered on 4 Nov, 2008. They have another one that showed up with mine, its a Black on Black 2SSRS, manual, sunroof, and ground effects that someone backed out on. They sold me mine at MSRP, They might do the same for this one. Their number is 402-734-2525, ask for Terrence and tell him Dan Botsford sent you. I hope this helps someone here.
dbotsfordtat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:57 AM   #1265
Cheshirelaugh

Drives: 2010 SIM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Not trying to create a meeting of the minds here but it really boils down to whether there is enough desire to do anything about this issue. Does GM say "oh well, nothing we can do about these silly laws" or do they take the initiative and attempt to get someone's ear in govt.? The time to do it is now if they are truly trying to re-invent themselves.
A meeting of the minds?! Then what would we argue about?!

yeah, this is sort've the point I've been trying to make, GM should try to take the initiative to solve the problems rather than simply saying there's nothing they can do about them.
Cheshirelaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:12 PM   #1266
firstmate

Drives: 2010 Blk/Gry SS/RS M6
I spoke to Terrence yesterday about this car, but he told me this car would sell for over MSRP. He said that the R6P orders sell at MSRP, but if a customer backs out, cannot get approved, or whatever the reason might be, and they end up with the car available to be sold to the walk in public, that they do charge a markup adjustment. So no deal for me, but I was sure thinking about it before that. Even though it would have to ship to Texas.
VIN #2386
Delivered 6-11-09 - Woo Hoo!!!

Hey Houston locals--------

Join the H-Town Camaro Club
www.H-TownCamaroClub.com
firstmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:12 PM   #1267
chevyridinghigh
The Bowtie Is Back

Drives: 2010 Silver Camaro SS/RS -Blk Int.
Disgruntled Customer Thread

Since the Mods and koolaide drinkin consumers get mad at the disgruntled customers for complaing, I figured we should have a thread here to complain. I will start out with my complaint...

GM took production of these cars in October and then started producing them in March, a month after the originally scheduled production. Following that they rolled off the line at an extremely slow pace... I believe March, and April combined had fewer produced cars than the entire month of May. Now, they have a hold on orders, and a huge delay on shipments of all Manual cars because they can't figure out why the Camaro, a car designed for nearly half a decade, is breaking. Personally, most dealers don't know anything about it, GM is not releasing more info other than a confirmation that manual shipments are indeed delayed. We are told by self proclaimed "in the know" people in this forum to 1) Be happy they are holding shipment, 2) Don't complain it's the suppliers fault, 3) The consumer may be at fault for riding the cars too hard during the break in process. I would have been happier had they designed the cars not to break down in the first place.

As consumers who took a risk in purchasing a car from a bankrupt auto manufacturer, I think we deserve some light shed on what is wrong with these cars and what GMs plan is in dealing with it. Please feel free to continue complaining, you earned it when you decided to dish out 10s of thousands of dollars. And yes, I'll take some cheese with that "whine".
Old 07-16-2009, 02:15 PM   #1268
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
Dude, you only ordered in May. Chill a bit. I ordered in November and received my car on June 30th. Good things come to those who wait.

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:21 PM   #1269
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1SS 1LE
Yeah i ordered in Feb. and you still got a quicker TPW than me. I've said it once and i will say it agian you know your signing up for bugs and problems when you sign up for a first production run and if you didn't your a moron. All car manufacturers have problems here and there especially when a brand new car comes out. Yeah it took them some tiem to get the ball rolling but its rolling now and sooner rather than later our cars will be in our driveways. I wanted a camaro i ordered a camaro and i except it with any positives and negatives it comes with.
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:22 PM   #1270
chevyridinghigh
The Bowtie Is Back

Drives: 2010 Silver Camaro SS/RS -Blk Int.
I ordered 2 months ago. And you ordered prior to the car being produced. I'm 4 weeks shy of the wait my dad had for his 72' Vette.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:22 PM   #1271
Buckeyecountry

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyridinghigh View Post
Since the Mods and koolaide drinkin consumers get mad at the disgruntled customers for complaing, I figured we should have a thread here to complain. I will start out with my complaint...

GM took production of these cars in October and then started producing them in March, a month after the originally scheduled production. Following that they rolled off the line at an extremely slow pace... I believe March, and April combined had fewer produced cars than the entire month of May. Now, they have a hold on orders, and a huge delay on shipments of all Manual cars because they can't figure out why the Camaro, a car designed for nearly half a decade, is breaking. Personally, most dealers don't know anything about it, GM is not releasing more info other than a confirmation that manual shipments are indeed delayed. We are told by self proclaimed "in the know" people in this forum to 1) Be happy they are holding shipment, 2) Don't complain it's the suppliers fault, 3) The consumer may be at fault for riding the cars too hard during the break in process. I would have been happier had they designed the cars not to break down in the first place.

As consumers who took a risk in purchasing a car from a bankrupt auto manufacturer, I think we deserve some light shed on what is wrong with these cars and what GMs plan is in dealing with it. Please feel free to continue complaining, you earned it when you decided to dish out 10s of thousands of dollars. And yes, I'll take some cheese with that "whine".
Buckeyecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:23 PM   #1272
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
once you have your car...you'll forget all about being disgruntled (I know I did!)
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:28 PM   #1273
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by themossman View Post
once you have your car...you'll forget all about being disgruntled (I know I did!)
AMEN!! It was a long wait, but once you see it, sit in it, drive it, you will forget all about the bumps along the way. It's worth the wait.

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:30 PM   #1274
towmoe

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd1276 View Post
Dude, you only ordered in May. Chill a bit. I ordered in November and received my car on June 30th. Good things come to those who wait.
For one, I like this thread. I ordered 10/15/08, still don't have my car, and I am disgruntled. To those who dont' like the subject please don't visit this thread. Again, it is for disgruntled customers. There is a "happy owners" thread somewhere else.