Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 10:04 AM   #57
MGW

Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L82RUN View Post
Just installed the MGW shifter Friday 11/27 and took it out for a brief run. WOW!! I'd read all the good reviews/remarks and expected some improvement over stock, but I was really surprised!!! This shifter is awesome. A huge difference over stock and it has already made driving my ride much more fun!! The throw is much shorter and to my suprise I'm able to shift the car now without the 'bucking' I encountered previously. George was quick to answer my questions prior to ordering and the staff at MGW was great as well. I'd recommend this upgrade to anyone considering it. Great service and a very high quality product. Thanks George and MGW crew!!!

JD

thanks man!!! you really dont appreciate what this shifter can do over just changing out the center shaft until you experience it !!!

george
Old 12-26-2009, 01:25 AM   #58
ladysman07

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Can you buy and install just the shifter knob onto the original factory shift assembly?
Old 12-26-2009, 06:03 AM   #59
MGW

Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysman07 View Post
Can you buy and install just the shifter knob onto the original factory shift assembly?
yes our shifter knobs will fit the stock shifter also

george
Old 12-26-2009, 12:49 PM   #60
Aaron1121

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
I just installed the MGW shifter and SS Race knob on wednesday night. It is absolutely great!!!!!!!!

It makes driving the car a much different experience - All shifts, including the 2-3 shift are extremely fast, and the return to center feel is way better than stock. I've done a couple of good 2nd to 3rd tire chirps for the first time after installing this, because you can really keep the hammer down between shifts.

Even though the kit is a little more expensive and takes a little more time to install than the Hurst (since it is a full shifter replacement) I believe MGW is hands down a superior product. (I've driven both.) It is also great that MGW includes everything, including all of the dust boots and sound dampening materials.

Thanks Again!!

Closed Thread