Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-25-2009, 05:35 PM   #15
JuicedSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS M6
I have had the Roto-Fab on my car for two weeks now, and highly recommend it. I have had numerous air intakes on my previous cars including K&N, AEM, BBK, Injen, etc. and the Roto-Fab is the highest quality of them all. It is among the least expensive of all options, and it made solid gains on the Jannety's independent testing.
JuicedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 05:45 PM   #16
MoranoRacing
Account Suspended

Drives: 2005 GTO, 1973 Camaro
Check out the roto-fab cold air intakes. They work and look great and are on Sale! http://www.************.com/ro20cav8coai.html
MoranoRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 05:47 PM   #17
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
A plastic one. The metal ones will heat-soak quicker.
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:30 PM   #18
Halltech

Drives: 2010 Halltech Camaro SS, 2008 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer606 View Post
Thanks for the feedback and keep in it coming.

Looks CAI has been very popular. And I really can't find any negatives on any of the units.

I was initially waiting on the Vararam, even on the pre-order list, but the unit still is vaporware to the general public with no confirmed ETA when it will be, no independent testing done & published and no support for a Maggie until an undetermined time and no info. on will have I to buy a new version or can the first unit be adapted to work. Can't keep waiting on them any longer.

With regards to the warranty statement, the dealership where the car was purchased is doing the installs and doing the tuning. All bolt-ons done do not void any warranty. They've been installing Maggie's, full exhausts, etc. on dozens of customer cars already.

Again thanks for the feedback.
It is against Federal Law to void a warranty when adding an aftermarket filter or intake system. It is a fact, however, that if you mess with anything in the ECM, even defeating CAGS, your drivetrain warranty is gone. Trust me.
Halltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:42 PM   #19
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK2SS View Post
I have the Fastlane. Check out the pics in the link closely. That is not what I expected for $460. The welds are mediocre at best, and you can see the difference in weld placement on the 2 systems pictured. The filter is down low, but that area is actually closed up pretty good toward the front. My IAT temps were staying pretty high on the dyno because we couldn't get a good flow of air to the filter. However, once I was out on the road they stay close to the ambient outside temp.

http://www.h-towncamaroclub.com/showthread.php?t=163
Did you complain to them? If so, what did they say?
Old 11-25-2009, 07:00 PM   #20
BLK2SS

Drives: Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFemme View Post
Did you complain to them? If so, what did they say?
No, I was out of time. My tuner was only in the area for a week. I just spent some time fixing the cosmetics and had it ceramic coated. I actually really like the design, and I'm satisfied with the performance. I just expected better craftsmanship for the price they were charging. I just chalk it up as a learning experience, and will stay far away from their future products.
BLK2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:25 PM   #21
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
I'll keep your words on them in mind, Blk.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:28 PM   #22
HaveBlue

Drives: CTS/CAMARO
Airaid is doing a tube specificly for the maggie. This proto picked up 40+ rwhp over the supplied maggie system. Edelbrock is also having Airaid do a tube for their supercharger to use this airbox also.

This one was on a Fesler car,

SEMA PICTURES-PARTS & CARS
http://www.pbase.com/haveblue/sema_2009
HaveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:02 PM   #23
Racer606

Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS, '03 Mini Cooper S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halltech View Post
It is against Federal Law to void a warranty when adding an aftermarket filter or intake system. It is a fact, however, that if you mess with anything in the ECM, even defeating CAGS, your drivetrain warranty is gone. Trust me.
No offense but I think I will trust the dealership who sale and service the vehicles and gives you their warranty coverage in writing.
Racer606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:55 PM   #24
eynigush
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SSRS Rally Yellow
I would recommend CAI because they enclose there filter. You have easy access to the filter and the ceramic coating inside the tube just shows how the company doesn't skimp and produces high quality products. Just remember that like everything else in life; trial and error. I know these things aren't cheap, but no matter what you buy there are going to be things about the unit you will like and dislike. No one fabricates the "perfect" unit. And if they did then there would be no competition and prices would go through the roof!

Just my two cents,
Eddie
eynigush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:25 PM   #25
Racer606

Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS, '03 Mini Cooper S
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK2SS View Post
I have the Fastlane. Check out the pics in the link closely. That is not what I expected for $460. The welds are mediocre at best, and you can see the difference in weld placement on the 2 systems pictured. The filter is down low, but that area is actually closed up pretty good toward the front. My IAT temps were staying pretty high on the dyno because we couldn't get a good flow of air to the filter. However, once I was out on the road they stay close to the ambient outside temp.

http://www.h-towncamaroclub.com/showthread.php?t=163
Thanks for the feedback on the FastLane. I was leaning a bit to this one as it did when the HP portion of the Jannetty tests and since I would doing a tune it should be able to smooth out any quirks and maybe get a few more hp. And because I like the look it brings to the table.

I was going to look at getting the inside ceramic coated to help with heat soak as there is a shop nearby who does a lot of the coating work for some NASCAR cars and also look at opening up a better air flow from the lower grille with some sort of air diverter.
Racer606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 02:42 AM   #26
Inferno2SSRS
Jim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Orange
Send a message via AIM to Inferno2SSRS
Roto-Fab or Vararam IMO or the top 2 choices.
Inferno2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 06:18 AM   #27
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
ADM Performance advantages

Adm Performance Cold Air Intake Benefits

At ADM Performance, we aim to please every style customer, from the basic bolt on to those looking for extreme power. The ADM Performance Cold Air Intake systems have several benefits over the designs from other manufacturers. We've made this available to aid those not sure about which intake system to buy and we hope this helps make the buying decision a little easier.

Benefit #1
ADM Performance cold air intake systems feature Powder Coated finishes on all exposed aluminum parts.

Benefit #2
ADM Performance cold air intake systems use lightweight aluminum parts and pieces, with aircraft quality stainless screws and fasteners.

Benefit #3
Our proprietary design means that the MAF/IAT sensor is relocated into the airbox itself, out of the engine bay and away from the hot air environment. This permits the ECM to read cooler temps which translates into increased timing and more power without triggering any knock retard. Increased timing means more horsepower.

Benefit #4
Our proprietary design means the airbox location permits cooler air to be ingested from the factory scoop - not from the hot engine bay area.

Benefit #5
The ADM Performance design has more flexability than many others, allowing future upgrades to turbos, superchargers, etc. to utilize the ADM Performance Cold Air Intake systems. This means that no money is wasted as your performance needs change,

Benefit #6
Should you choose to remove the ADM Performance cold air intake system from your vehicle in the future, most of the parts can be utilized for other applications. The ADM filter is a 4” universal type not specific to this intake only. The ADM silicone couplers can be used on other custom applications as well, and the exclusive 6061 100mm MAF housing is also universal in it's design.

Benefit#7
ADM Performance cold air intake systems use a Full 4” 100mm ID system from the filter to the throttlebody.

Benefit #8
The availibity for a ADM Highflow Race Air Intake System which enhances the factory ducting system to trap and direct cold air directly into the sealed air box, and the less aggressive ADM Street Air Intake System for the everyday bolt-on driver.
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:54 AM   #28
Melson

Drives: Wild Cherry
I went with the ADM Street Version......and it looks sharp and preformance is excellent. Would recommend it to anyone.

2010 RJT 2SS/RS L99 CAMARO
ARH 1 7/8" LT HEADERS W/ HF CATS
MAGNAFLOW 3" COMP EXHAUST
ADM PERFORMANCE CAI
ADM PERFORMANCE CUSTOM TUNE
ADM PERFORMANCE PORTED THROTTLE BODY
ADM PERFORMANCE TRANS COOLER
3.45 GEARS
BMR TRAILING ARMS
Melson is offline   Reply With Quote