Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-30-2009, 10:31 PM   #15
MadMav

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6
That's the thing I'm having a problem with. The C.A.I isn't anything special. Everybody is up in arms over one comparison test where it barely squeezed out some tiny numbers over a few other systems. Granted, it uses the S&B filter, which I am a HUGE fan of, but I'm not seeing the big woop right now. It's a simple design and has nothing over the competitors. Even Ted at JANNETTYRACING has issues with dyno difference and intake calibrations. But I will just try the Volant and if I don't like it, I can sell it and try something different. I will probably be trying the RC2 Performance dry filter intake too when they can get it to me. Maybe we will have a dyno comparison to see how they all do.

Anyways, it's my 7th beer and I ordered the Volant. I will be out of town till the 6th, and not even sure it will be at the house by then, they have some weird delivery dates on their site. We'll see.

Mav
Old 12-01-2009, 02:40 PM   #16
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMav View Post
Anyways, it's my 7th beer and I ordered the Volant. I will be out of town till the 6th, and not even sure it will be at the house by then, they have some weird delivery dates on their site. We'll see.

Mav
I will eagerly await your review. I'm in no hurry to do anything.
I won't be buying until Spring.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:45 PM   #17
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
I was the proud owner of a Volant system on my truck and it did wonders. Please report back when you get it installed. Oh, and pics pics pics!!!
Old 12-01-2009, 03:00 PM   #18
duffmobile

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - IOM/IOM
I'm still enjoying my R2C intake. Definitely worth it.
L99 with 2.8 LC Kenne Bell, Kooks 1 7/8 headers, Corsa Catback, R2C CAI, 491 RWHP / 500 RWTQ ---- 2010 MY #7539
duffmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:00 PM   #19
defragme

Drives: 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMav View Post
That's the thing I'm having a problem with. The C.A.I isn't anything special. Everybody is up in arms over one comparison test where it barely squeezed out some tiny numbers over a few other systems. Granted, it uses the S&B filter, which I am a HUGE fan of, but I'm not seeing the big woop right now. It's a simple design and has nothing over the competitors. Even Ted at JANNETTYRACING has issues with dyno difference and intake calibrations. But I will just try the Volant and if I don't like it, I can sell it and try something different. I will probably be trying the RC2 Performance dry filter intake too when they can get it to me. Maybe we will have a dyno comparison to see how they all do.

Mav
I am not wanting the C.A.I. only because of the dyno test. For me, I really like the look of the design. They are all simple designs really, I mean it's a piece of pipe with a filter on the end. I just like the aluminum box with plexiglass lid that they put on there. Looks pretty sharp.

Performance wise, I mostly looked at the dyno test to see which ones I do NOT want to buy. Any of them will be good with a tune, but since I will not be tuning, the test tells you which ones work best with the stock MAF calibration.

In the end I am a cheapo though, and if I can get something similar for ~$140 less, then it is pretty good incentive, and any of us would probably never know the difference.
defragme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:03 PM   #20
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
i was waiting for r2c to come out and give us a price on there system but they never gave me one

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:22 PM   #21
MadMav

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffmobile View Post
I'm still enjoying my R2C intake. Definitely worth it.
Yeah, I haven't heard word out of them since early last week. Still want to try one and compare.

Mav
Old 12-01-2009, 05:24 PM   #22
MadMav

Quote:
Originally Posted by defragme View Post
I am not wanting the C.A.I. only because of the dyno test. For me, I really like the look of the design. They are all simple designs really, I mean it's a piece of pipe with a filter on the end. I just like the aluminum box with plexiglass lid that they put on there. Looks pretty sharp.

Performance wise, I mostly looked at the dyno test to see which ones I do NOT want to buy. Any of them will be good with a tune, but since I will not be tuning, the test tells you which ones work best with the stock MAF calibration.

In the end I am a cheapo though, and if I can get something similar for ~$140 less, then it is pretty good incentive, and any of us would probably never know the difference.

Yeah.....looks, price and performance all play a big role. I'll let everyone know how it is when I get it.

Mav