Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-26-2009, 09:49 PM   #15
MLCrisis

Drives: 82 camaro/97 f150
wow...absolutely beautiful! are the stripes white or silver? i have an rjt on order but hav'nt decided on stripe color yet.
MLCrisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:50 PM   #16
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Do a search on this problem, there are at least two other forum members who have had this problem. One of them said there is a recall on it (not sure if that was true) but apparently this is a known problem with how and where they are attaching the front piece.

BTW you did choose the perfect color....!

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:50 PM   #17
Lucky SOB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
This is the second one Ive heard of the front GFX coming off and getting ruined. Apparently the dealer in the first instance skipped out on some adhesive in the middle and it did the same thing as yours.

Id ask your dealer about it for sure.
Thank you for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLCrisis View Post
wow...absolutely beautiful! are the stripes white or silver? i have an rjt on order but hav'nt decided on stripe color yet.
They are silver. It is a very light silver in the pictures, but it looks amazing in person. I would vote silver over white personally.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:52 PM   #18
kdoske
Waiting For My 1SS/RS SIM

Drives: Sold My Lancer, now carless :/
Your car color combination are PERFECT. I don't like red jewel but damn you are putting me on the fence.

Also, normally, I say paint the ground effects--but don't! It looks so good on your car just the way it is. The only thing I would personally do differently is the rims, but that's just because they are to ghetto for my taste.

I mean Jesus WTF this is beautiful...
kdoske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:52 PM   #19
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Beautiful car! Do you have a picture of the rear? Oh and consider a set of wheel locks!
Old 05-26-2009, 09:53 PM   #20
Lucky SOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post
Do a search on this problem, there are at least two other forum members who have had this problem. One of them said there is a recall on it (not sure if that was true) but apparently this is a known problem with how and where they are attaching the front piece.

BTW you did choose the perfect color....!
Thank you! I like your taste also. Haha.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem, but I hate to see GM having problems with this car. I am 30 minutes from Detroit and it's sad to see GM hurting as much as they are. For all of you that think buying a foreign car isn't a big deal, you're wrong. It greatly affects many people in my area.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:53 PM   #21
Lucky SOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Beautiful car! Do you have a picture of the rear?
Yes sir. Give me two minutes...
Old 05-26-2009, 09:53 PM   #22
MLCrisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky SOB View Post
Thank you for the info!

They are silver. It is a very light silver in the pictures, but it looks amazing in person. I would vote silver over white personally.
thanks for reply...i think you are right. silver and rjt is a great combo!
Old 05-26-2009, 09:56 PM   #23
Lucky SOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Beautiful car! Do you have a picture of the rear? Oh and consider a set of wheel locks!
How's this?

And the wheels come with one lug that needs a special socket...
Attached Images

Old 05-26-2009, 09:56 PM   #24
N6504X

Drives: 2007 F-150 KR
Please post more pictures of this car! Particularly the interior. This is the exact color scheme I am considering for my personal car. Is the interior beige? If so, what color is the carpet? There's no such thing as a brochure at any dealer in town, and GM's Camaro website is completely void of any interior detail. We took delivery on my son's RY 2SS/RS a few days ago, and it has black interior, which I don't want.
Thanks if you can post more, and sorry to hear about your GFX. I think you should paint them!
Old 05-26-2009, 09:58 PM   #25
Scrapppy666

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black/Black
wow, this thing looks so classy, beautiful ride!!!!.... I'd love to see GM offer white interior in the future and I'd for sure buy this exact combo, w/ out the wheels of course, the price just seems way out of line on those.

Also as mentioned, I'd like to see it with color match GFX but would fear it may change the look you have right now.... wow
Scrapppy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:59 PM   #26
Lucky SOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLCrisis View Post
thanks for reply...i think you are right. silver and rjt is a great combo!
No problem. The hood stripes are also a much better choice than hockey stripes. While I love how they look on the 4th gen Berger cars, they are poorly executed on the 5th gens. What is with the big gap between the fascia and the fender??? Also it kinda just dies, it should say LS3 or 426 HP or something like that below where it ends...
Old 05-26-2009, 10:04 PM   #27
Lucky SOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapppy666 View Post
wow, this thing looks so classy, beautiful ride!!!!.... I'd love to see GM offer white interior in the future and I'd for sure buy this exact combo, w/ out the wheels of course, the price just seems way out of line on those.

Also as mentioned, I'd like to see it with color match GFX but would fear it may change the look you have right now.... wow
Some one on my home board here in michigan Photoshopped them body color. While they did look great I am aiming to keep this car factory stock due to its rarity. Also a note on the wheels. My personal opinion is that they are the best wheels GM has ever produced! The are not fun to clean but they look amazing when they are. Also the dealership gave me the 20" polished alum. stock wheels and tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N6504X View Post
Please post more pictures of this car! Particularly the interior. This is the exact color scheme I am considering for my personal car. Is the interior beige? If so, what color is the carpet? There's no such thing as a brochure at any dealer in town, and GM's Camaro website is completely void of any interior detail. We took delivery on my son's RY 2SS/RS a few days ago, and it has black interior, which I don't want.
Thanks if you can post more, and sorry to hear about your GFX. I think you should paint them!
I will post some this weekend when I get her all cleaned up. I actually don't have any right now. The interior is Grey - Two toned. It is beautiful. My only grief is the carpet is very light in color and I can see the floor mats getting dirty over time. The darker color in the interior (sides of seats) almost perfectly matches the GFX as is.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:05 PM   #28
MLCrisis

my initial thought on stripes was the hockey package. but after seeing them, the gap is totally unacceptable. rallys are the way to go. have you thought about accenting the vents by rear wheels?