Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 11-14-2013, 07:58 AM   #29
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
This color is exactly like my 99 frontier that I had........

.....I can't find a good picture of it, but trust me it's very similar.

I think it's interesting to note that pretty much all threads on C5 that revolve around a new color choice seem to end up asking the same question. What is GM thinking not offering a medium blue as a regular color on the Camaro?

I wish there was some way to compile the statistics on C5 of how many times this question, or some variation of it, is asked in threads.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:25 AM   #30
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Not a fan
Old 11-14-2013, 12:14 PM   #31
Oldag

Drives: 2013 2SS Convertible, LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wocampb View Post
I totally agree! I ordered a BRM 1LE and really wish they had a better blue color.
Ditto. BRM is too close to black.
Oldag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:16 PM   #32
Oldag

Drives: 2013 2SS Convertible, LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Wow! Pathetic? ??? I guess. Ppl like to just talk. But Say what you want because Blue Ray Metallic is selling and you just need to suck it up. I guess you need to trash other ppl choices . Just to make yourself feel better. BTW I like this color so far.
Maybe it is selling because it is the only blue available (or at least that was true when I ordered my 2013. The BRM is so dark, most people think it is black. A lighter blue should have been offered.
Oldag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:25 PM   #33
hiddenangels89

Drives: 2012 SS Camaro L99
Why did they discontinue the Imperial Metallic Blue? That's what I have on my 2012 and it's awesome, everyone loves the color wherever I go.
hiddenangels89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #34
mako22

Drives: 2017 HB 2SS
WTF

If we don't get a medium (laguna) blue for the 6th Gen I'm going to lose my f#cking mind. (off rant)
Old 11-14-2013, 12:44 PM   #35
Forte

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS CGM W/ Black Stripes
Ah, I see, this goes to the questioning of machoness because of a color of a vehicle. Way to live in the 1920's.

Will hold any and all opinions on the color until I see one in person. Excited to see one though, always love seeing them in a different color than what's been around for awhile. That Plum Crazy Camaro one of the forum members did was just beautiful. I wish they would make one in the blue they used in the early 2000's on like the S10 extreme's, I believe it was called Indigo Blue Metallic. Also the Space Blue Metallic from that year was nice.
Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #36
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte View Post
Ah, I see, this goes to the questioning of machoness because of a color of a vehicle. Way to live in the 1920's.

Will hold any and all opinions on the color until I see one in person. Excited to see one though, always love seeing them in a different color than what's been around for awhile. That Plum Crazy Camaro one of the forum members did was just beautiful. I wish they would make one in the blue they used in the early 2000's on like the S10 extreme's, I believe it was called Indigo Blue Metallic. Also the Space Blue Metallic from that year was nice.
Agreed on the plum crazy! It looked good on the Camaro.

I'd love to see Deep Magenta Metallic in person too but I too have a thing for the off the chart colors.

Official Favs ranking as

1st. Synergy Green Metallic
2nd. Kinetic Blue
3rd. Aqua Blue Metallic
4th. Inferno Orange Metallic

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 01:23 PM   #37
Kelly@PCMofNC

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
I think it looks great. I wouldn't buy it myself but I think it's something different!
Kelly@PCMofNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:46 PM   #38
DKSynergy
Kunch

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS L99 Silver Ice Mett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagliaro View Post
Agreed on the plum crazy! It looked good on the Camaro.

I'd love to see Deep Magenta Metallic in person too but I too have a thing for the off the chart colors.

Official Favs ranking as

1st. Synergy Green Metallic
2nd. Kinetic Blue
3rd. Aqua Blue Metallic
4th. Inferno Orange Metallic
I agree 100% i have always enjoyed seeing the rarer colors.. I see black and White and red and yellow camaros every day. Thats y when i found my green one i jumped on it. They had a black one i was looking at originally and then my salesman (who is a friend of mine) called me and was like dude you dont want that black one anymore trust me ... come in and you will see what i mean and they had a green one just traded in and i had to have it. In my opinion the Green is the best color they every made the 5th green camaros

As for the DMM... I have seen that color in person (on the sonic) and its a really nice color, i worked as a detailer at a dealership (more like Stealership) and i got to detail the Pink sonic and when its waxed and washed its a really sharp looking color alot of metallic in it . It really shines in the sunlight. Now i wouldnt rank it among the colors like Synergy Green or Inferno Orange or Aqua Blue... but it will be a very stand out color that i think will sell if ppl can get over the fact its pink. I think it should have been released in October as a Breast Cancer awareness campaign. Maybe produce only like 1000 of them for the month of october and then let them be a collectors item

^^^^ This is my old car, Haven't made new signature pic yet, but Check out its old build thread My Build Thread
DKSynergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:08 PM   #39
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
I would love to see a regular ORANGE color available, a bright blue, a bright green (I LOVE the Synergy cars), and then a pearlescent white available for the Camaro. I really like the Night Race Blue color on the Corvette, but I'm pretty sure that won't get brought over to the Camaro.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #40
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Looks like a color that needs to be seen in person before I make a judgment.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:45 PM   #41
ECCamaro
High Desert Camaro Man

Drives: White Convertible-Tan Top 2SS V8
I agree that the Camaro line-up needs some more exotic colors. I think that the Camaro is right for them. Those colors strike me as more fun and whimical and might appeal to buyers who like that. I just wonder if GM did any marketing studies before it selects it's colors. Is there a different demographic for the more exotic colors than the other colors? Do they test out a color and see what people think before they decide to produce?
ECCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:56 PM   #42
Pagliaro
RIP Betsy ( Vitara )

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pagliaro Send a message via MSN to Pagliaro Send a message via Yahoo to Pagliaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKSynergy View Post
I agree 100% i have always enjoyed seeing the rarer colors.. I see black and White and red and yellow camaros every day. Thats y when i found my green one i jumped on it. They had a black one i was looking at originally and then my salesman (who is a friend of mine) called me and was like dude you dont want that black one anymore trust me ... come in and you will see what i mean and they had a green one just traded in and i had to have it. In my opinion the Green is the best color they every made the 5th green camaros

As for the DMM... I have seen that color in person (on the sonic) and its a really nice color, i worked as a detailer at a dealership (more like Stealership) and i got to detail the Pink sonic and when its waxed and washed its a really sharp looking color alot of metallic in it . It really shines in the sunlight. Now i wouldnt rank it among the colors like Synergy Green or Inferno Orange or Aqua Blue... but it will be a very stand out color that i think will sell if ppl can get over the fact its pink. I think it should have been released in October as a Breast Cancer awareness campaign. Maybe produce only like 1000 of them for the month of october and then let them be a collectors item
I love your story, once I seen one in Green I couldn't have any other color myself. I missed "3" bought the 4th. I was 50-50 on wanting a 2010 vs 2011 (I really like the idea that 2010 is a CE and 2011 a LE)

In the end I just got sick of waiting and got the 4th one that came around.

I pulled the door panels and dash trim to get them done in SGM as that's what really popped to me on the 2010's.

There isn't a factory color on the Camaro that I can say I hate. I've seen some nasty DONKS though.

First retrofitted 2014 mylink.
Pagliaro is offline   Reply With Quote