Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 09-28-2014, 02:00 PM   #57
trademaster

Drives: 12 MP4-12C, 16 Quattroporte
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
You say this while boasting of an 11.77 run from a naturally asperated 5.0 with a tune and drag radials? An 11.93 run from a stock ZL1 seems unbelievable to you? It has been done by private owners (with video).
I need to learn to stop engaging in conversation with people like you. Where in my post did I boast about anything?

In case you need some review, here is the definition:

Talk with excessive pride and self-satisfaction about one's achievements, possessions, or abilities.

Sounds a lot like my post, huh?

Where did I say an 11.93 run from a stock ZL1 is unbelievable? Read my post again then ponder it for a while. Try to figure out what all those words mean together, rather than independently.

Here, I'll break it down for you even further:

GM does some 1/4 mile runs with and without drag radials. GM reports times for the car, says they are on stock tires. No big deal.

Ford does some 1/4 mile runs with and without skinnies up front. It isn't even a question of if they ran slicks in the rear or not, they say they did. Ford reports times without the skinnies up front. BLASPHEMY, THEY ARE LYING THEY HAD SKINNIES AND THERE IS NO WAY THE 12.56 WAS WITHOUT THEM!

So when Ford runs a car in two configurations and reports times, those times must absolutely be in the configuration that they did not reference. Why? Why is this true for Ford and not GM?

If you don't see how biased that is then I am wasting my time.
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 02:17 PM   #58
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 02:31 PM   #59
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by trademaster View Post
I need to learn to stop engaging in conversation with people like you. Where in my post did I boast about anything?

In case you need some review, here is the definition:

Talk with excessive pride and self-satisfaction about one's achievements, possessions, or abilities.

Sounds a lot like my post, huh?

Where did I say an 11.93 run from a stock ZL1 is unbelievable? Read my post again then ponder it for a while. Try to figure out what all those words mean together, rather than independently.

Here, I'll break it down for you even further:

GM does some 1/4 mile runs with and without drag radials. GM reports times for the car, says they are on stock tires. No big deal.

Ford does some 1/4 mile runs with and without skinnies up front. It isn't even a question of if they ran slicks in the rear or not, they say they did. Ford reports times without the skinnies up front. BLASPHEMY, THEY ARE LYING THEY HAD SKINNIES AND THERE IS NO WAY THE 12.56 WAS WITHOUT THEM!

So when Ford runs a car in two configurations and reports times, those times must absolutely be in the configuration that they did not reference. Why? Why is this true for Ford and not GM?

If you don't see how biased that is then I am wasting my time.
Take a look in the mirror pal. I didn't comment on the Ford runs one way or the other with the exception of the apparent need to beef up the rear. I posted Chevy's 2015 document stating the 11.93 run was made with all factory equipment in reply to a denier to which you replied.

Quote:
it seems pretty silly to just accept GM saying that they didn't use drag radials for the ET they reported.
All your babbling to me about skinnies or no skinnies has nothing to do with anything I've said.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 02:40 PM   #60
trademaster

Quote:
Take a look in the mirror pal. I didn't comment on the Ford runs one way or the other with the exception of the apparent need to beef up the rear. I posted Chevy's 2015 document stating the 11.93 run was made with all factory equipment in reply to a denier to which you replied.
You actually replied directly to me, quoting my post and putting in bold a fraction of a sentence which you took out of context. Nowhere in the post I replied to is there documentation.
Old 09-28-2014, 04:12 PM   #61
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
You actually replied directly to me, quoting my post and putting in bold a fraction of a sentence which you took out of context. Nowhere in the post I replied to is there documentation.
Yes there is a PDF attached to #35 that you replied to. I quoted it as well.

I only replied "in bold" to the part of your post that had anything to do with what I said. Peace

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 04:26 PM   #62
1QwikZ28

Drives: 1999 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Yes there is a PDF attached to #35 that you replied to. I quoted it as well.

I only replied "in bold" to the part of your post that had anything to do with what I said. Peace
So, if the ZL1 runs 11s "stock", does that mean the GT500 is a low 11 second car or that the Hellcat is a high 10 second car?
1QwikZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 04:29 PM   #63
trademaster

Quote:

Which is exactly how you took it out of context. I didn't say it is unbelievable that the ZL1 ran those times on stock tires, I pointed out how biased it is to assume that GM is telling the truth while simultaneously (see: and) assuming Ford is lying. Both companies ran their cars in two configurations, then reported times from the less modified configuration.
Old 09-28-2014, 05:31 PM   #64
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Quote:
I didn't say it is unbelievable that the ZL1 ran those times on stock tires, I pointed out how biased it is to assume that GM is telling the truth while simultaneously (see: and) assuming Ford is lying. Both companies ran their cars in two configurations, then reported times from the less modified configuration.
The document cited is an OFFICIAL GM document. On their stationery. On their website. If you have a problem with its bona fides, contact GM.

As for Ford, in this case, we're NOT assuming anything. We've simply caught them, on their own video, LYING! To YOU!

Period. End of story.

And YOU, if you're feeling slighted, can contact Jesse Kershaw and let HIM know. If you're NOT feeling slighted, see the previous paragragh...

Thanks for your input.
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 05:57 PM   #65
TheReaper

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
The document cited is an OFFICIAL GM document. On their stationery. On their website. If you have a problem with its bona fides, contact GM.

As for Ford, in this case, we're NOT assuming anything. We've simply caught them, on their own video, LYING! To YOU!

Period. End of story.

And YOU, if you're feeling slighted, can contact Jesse Kershaw and let HIM know. If you're NOT feeling slighted, see the previous paragragh...

Thanks for your input.
Ford lies to me and GM lies to you and we both believe what our favorite manufacturer says.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:18 PM   #66
tooslow
Banned

Drives: 4 Wheels, Gasoline Engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReaper View Post
Ford lies to me and GM lies to you and we both believe what our favorite manufacturer says.
Yep, that about sums up this thread.

LOWDOWN, you need to relax before you give yourself a heart attack.
tooslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 06:19 PM   #67
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooslow View Post
Yep, that about sums up this thread.

LOWDOWN, you need to relax before you give yourself a heart attack.
I like watching all his nonsense
Old 09-28-2014, 06:42 PM   #68
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Regardless of the lies I feel bad for the mustang guys if they really do need to add those chassis parts. They've had years of the trouble free drag launches with the solid 8.8 and stock suspension. I wonder if its a flex issue that turns to wheel hop?
Old 09-28-2014, 06:58 PM   #69
LostPony

Drives: 2012 Boss 302
LOWDOWN, C5's version of thePill. Or maybe he IS thePill in disguise!

Mind= BLOWN!!

2012 Kona Boss 302 #2758
LostPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 07:22 PM   #70
khell86

Drives: 2012 Ford Focus
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostPony View Post
LOWDOWN, C5's version of thePill. Or maybe he IS thePill in disguise!

Mind= BLOWN!!
The ultimate troll....

All along he's been a dodge fan!
khell86 is offline   Reply With Quote