Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 06-12-2017, 02:48 PM   #15
jayno20
Go fast, please.

Drives: 2019 Corvette ZR1
I am interested in running one of these flexfuel sensors but I have heard some conflicting information for my ZL1. I have a 10" lower pulley (28% OD), long tube headers, ID850 injectors, JMS BAP, and a rotofab intake. Would I be able to run a flex fuel sensor with the stock fuel pump set up with a boost a pump?
jayno20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 04:12 AM   #16
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayno20 View Post
I am interested in running one of these flexfuel sensors but I have heard some conflicting information for my ZL1. I have a 10" lower pulley (28% OD), long tube headers, ID850 injectors, JMS BAP, and a rotofab intake. Would I be able to run a flex fuel sensor with the stock fuel pump set up with a boost a pump?
Not an authority on the topic but my response would be "yes", with your current setup and adding the sensor and a new tune...With an increase of 30% in fueling to run E85 the BAP is capable of doing so...The question would be at what % is the BAP currently adding fuel as you are set up now???So knowing that you need 30% for E85 plus whatever % the BAP is currently providing adding those numbers would determine if any other fuel upgrade would be needed...

STUNNAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 07:26 AM   #17
DSX Tuning

Quote:
The ZL1 pump runs out of steam pretty fast. You'd want to look into a pump upgrade.

You'd want to look at something like this:

http://tinyurl.com/yck98lvq
DSX Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 09:24 AM   #18
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Good to see that the product is offered in a complete kit now...It had been awhile since I had been on the site...

Old 06-13-2017, 06:15 PM   #19
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Would the Delphi 50lb injectors work???
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 06:30 PM   #20
DSX Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
Would the Delphi 50lb injectors work???
I prefer the 34mm Denali ones but they'd work.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:47 PM   #21
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Greatly Apprciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX Tuning View Post
I prefer the 34mm Denali ones but they'd work.
Man I really appreciate you answering all my questions every time I see response!!! I'm new to the whole E85 thing. Now when you say Denali are you referring to a GMC truck Denali or a manufacturer???
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 12:57 AM   #22
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX Tuning View Post
The ZL1 pump runs out of steam pretty fast. You'd want to look into a pump upgrade.

You'd want to look at something like this:

http://tinyurl.com/yck98lvq
JMS states their BAP can deliver up to an 85% increase in fueling...So how does this equate to the ZL1 fuel pump running out of steam pretty fast???We know that a 30% increase is needed for the E85, so in the case of jayno, he would still have an increase of 55% if needed based on his current mods...

I am not attempting to start an argument as I have looked at various options for E85 as well...I don't race my car but I want just a bit more RWHP without going overboard in cost...My research has discovered a wide variety of combinations that work without failure and do not require any major mods to the fueling system...Thanks for your response...

Old 06-14-2017, 01:25 AM   #23
Crash76
Team 913

Drives: '14 ZL1, '15 Jeep GC, ‘22 Ram 2500
Im running at 66% IDC at 6500rmp with 1050x on E85 @ 72% Ethanol Content

I was running 70% IDC with 850s on 91

I am running that DSX package and Dave's tuning... been a great experience and no worries about fueling issues

When I was researching E85, I was told by Cunningham Motorsports you could run e85 on 850s depending on HP but they highly recommend a fuel system upgrade....
Crash76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 04:26 AM   #24
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash76 View Post
Im running at 66% IDC at 6500rmp with 1050x on E85 @ 72% Ethanol Content

I was running 70% IDC with 850s on 91

I am running that DSX package and Dave's tuning... been a great experience and no worries about fueling issues

When I was researching E85, I was told by Cunningham Motorsports you could run e85 on 850s depending on HP but they highly recommend a fuel system upgrade....
I believe we had a few short conversations several months ago regarding E85 at that time I don't think you had made a decision on which direction you would take...I can't remember all the mods to your car but if I remember correctly it is modded much more than mine...Were you running a BAP at the time prior to the upgrade???What was it that sold you on doing the complete DSX package vs say the upgrade using different parts from other suppliers???I don't see highly modding my car in the future and a lower pulley 8.6 with E85 would put me right at 650rwhp, just for the fun factor and occasional adrenaline rush...That's why I'm leaning more toward the BAP vs the pumps upgrade...However, I do want a setup that offers longevity and piece of mind...Thanks in advance for your response...

Old 06-16-2017, 07:19 PM   #25
Crash76
Team 913

I went with DSX setup because I could install it myself and he would be able to tune the car since i have HPTuners and a wide band...

I had called shops and inquired about installing an intank fuel system, price went high real quick, they were 2mon out as well.

After talking with Dave I went with his system ... before price cuts, so you guys getting it now are getting a smoking deal...

I paid 1200 for the aux pump and around 1k for the injectors, wife bought the flex fuel kit for me last christmas... after some minor drama with a vender, got it for 400$

Then tuning costs...

Read a lot of threads here and ctsv forums on his setups... really liked his knowledge and after talking with him i went a head and got the kit

Anyone getting the full kit is getting a smoking deal ... i have no regrets, been a great experience
Old 06-16-2017, 08:49 PM   #26
jayno20
Go fast, please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash76 View Post
I went with DSX setup because I could install it myself and he would be able to tune the car since i have HPTuners and a wide band...

I had called shops and inquired about installing an intank fuel system, price went high real quick, they were 2mon out as well.

After talking with Dave I went with his system ... before price cuts, so you guys getting it now are getting a smoking deal...

I paid 1200 for the aux pump and around 1k for the injectors, wife bought the flex fuel kit for me last christmas... after some minor drama with a vender, got it for 400$

Then tuning costs...

Read a lot of threads here and ctsv forums on his setups... really liked his knowledge and after talking with him i went a head and got the kit

Anyone getting the full kit is getting a smoking deal ... i have no regrets, been a great experience

Did you get the DMS flex fuel sensor? I'm kind of curious what the difference is between the DMS set up and the DSX set up...
jayno20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 09:46 PM   #27
DSX Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUNNAH View Post
JMS states their BAP can deliver up to an 85% increase in fueling...So how does this equate to the ZL1 fuel pump running out of steam pretty fast???We know that a 30% increase is needed for the E85, so in the case of jayno, he would still have an increase of 55% if needed based on his current mods...

I am not attempting to start an argument as I have looked at various options for E85 as well...I don't race my car but I want just a bit more RWHP without going overboard in cost...My research has discovered a wide variety of combinations that work without failure and do not require any major mods to the fueling system...Thanks for your response...
A BAP is not going to give a 85% increase in flow. Some increase, yes, but not 85% out of a ZL1 pump.

Quote:
Did you get the DMS flex fuel sensor? I'm kind of curious what the difference is between the DMS set up and the DSX set up...
Without getting into too much detail and drama... I worked for DMS for almost two years. I brought my products into the company, and when I quit, they opted to sell their own version of everything based on what I did.

My kits now are 100% push connect meaning no wrenches required. I still use 316 stainless tube that's flared with an aircraft grade tool to burnish the sealing surface. I've also been able to substantially lower the cost of doing it all by speeding up production significantly. I've been doing these for over four years now after having ECMs sprawled out on my dining table looking for the input pins using a signal generator I programmed and built.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:02 PM   #28
Crash76
Team 913

Quote:
I got the dms/dsx flex fuel kit last christmas, i loved the plug and play aspect of it...

I got the injectors and aux fuel pump a month or two ago...

You wont find an easier way to go flex fuel... and if you have HPTuners Pro and a AFR Setup, Dave can tune you ... always better to tune under real conditions imo.

Drilling the tank was the most stressful part, but get the drill bit and tap with the kit and it isnt bad... i started with 1/8 drill bit, moved up in size 2 more times untill the final bit.

Need a new lic plate now... CORN LVR