Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-26-2010, 04:27 PM   #1
BalogUK
THE architect.

Drives: 2SS/RS M6
who has wrecked but fixed AND went after DV

those of y'all that have gone after the Diminished Value post accident, what have your settlements been?--if you don't mind my asking

ill have my damage estimate on Monday from being rear-ended..but I'm in the process of talking to my appraiser and getting a ballpark number in mind...

thanks, and glad all yall got your cars back and running again!

-Justin
#34122 EMPTIED, AT YARD ON 8/26/09; Delivered 9/07/09
MODS: Borla ATAK Cat-Back GFX (#140378), 35% Ceramic all-around, CAI, Inc. Intake w/ Scoop, Hurst Short Throw, Heritage Grille, GM Dove Tail, Laser Interceptor Triple v8.9, Passport Max, Pfadt ZL Stage 2
BalogUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:52 PM   #2
irvinecamaro

Drives: Used to be 2010 2SS
In the process right now, can let you know when it's done.
irvinecamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:07 PM   #3
fredbo

Drives: black 2010 LS
i got hit and had it fixed
fredbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:24 PM   #4
1bacamaro

Drives: 2ss
I am going threw it right now. One Guy on here got hit
from behind and he got 7000.00
1bacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:33 PM   #5
1bacamaro

Two things to know..... don't turn your claim in until the car is fixed. The cost to fix might go up during the repair due to things unseen. Also check the amount of insurance coverage that person has that hit you. The Guy that hit me only has 25,000 in coverage and two cars have to be fixed. My damage is 12,732.00 and what ever is left over from both repairs is all you can go for. So after the repair there might only be 5 grand left so that's all I can go for.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:35 PM   #6
firestone_ss

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
i had 5k in rear end damage and also got another 7k in diminished value,get ready to fight for it,they wont just roll over you have to make a good caseand remember diminished value stands seperate from the repair cost and the medical cost and any pain and suffering settlements
firestone_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:47 PM   #7
BalogUK
THE architect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestone_ss View Post
i had 5k in rear end damage and also got another 7k in diminished value,get ready to fight for it,they wont just roll over you have to make a good caseand remember diminished value stands seperate from the repair cost and the medical cost and any pain and suffering settlements
thanks guys- firestone- your wreck looks juuuust like mine :(, but I'm imperial blue- that's a perfect case study. I've gone through DV before-- my 07 jetta, and have a great appraiser on call- he does all the Bentley's and Ferrari's here in North Georgia... you always do the appraisal after the fact when the car is done. Georgia is a "must-pay" state too, so let the games begin. It's like negotiating the price of a car- each side haggles etc... Was looking for that happy medium...
MODS: Borla ATAK Cat-Back GFX (#140378), 35% Ceramic all-around, CAI, Inc. Intake w/ Scoop, Hurst Short Throw, Heritage Grille, GM Dove Tail, Laser Interceptor Triple v8.9, Passport Max, Pfadt ZL Stage 2
Old 02-26-2010, 10:05 PM   #8
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
Ok stupi question... Diminished Value? I never heard of this.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:13 PM   #9
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
Ok stupi question... Diminished Value? I never heard of this.

What is Diminished Value?
Diminished Value is the difference in value between a vehicle with an accident history, and the same vehicle without an accident history. This is also known as "Loss of Value".

Am I owed Diminished Value?
After an accident, the insurer is obligated to completely restore your vehicle to the condition it was in before the accident (pre-loss condition). Even after repairs, your vehicle is not in pre-loss condition because of Diminished Value. After an accident you are owed Diminished Value.
http://www.diminishedvalue.com/explained/faq.php#q1
Old 02-27-2010, 08:39 AM   #10
1bacamaro

I have a company that is going to do my dv value claim. Once the dv claim is figure is reached my lawyer is going to handle it from there. I feel the insurance company is going to low ball me more then they would my lawyer.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:12 PM   #11
BalogUK
THE architect.

man, i hope Statefarm plays along...i really dont want to deal with any lawyers over this...
Old 02-27-2010, 11:53 PM   #12
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner View Post
What is Diminished Value?
Diminished Value is the difference in value between a vehicle with an accident history, and the same vehicle without an accident history. This is also known as "Loss of Value".

Am I owed Diminished Value?
After an accident, the insurer is obligated to completely restore your vehicle to the condition it was in before the accident (pre-loss condition). Even after repairs, your vehicle is not in pre-loss condition because of Diminished Value. After an accident you are owed Diminished Value.
http://www.diminishedvalue.com/explained/faq.php#q1
Never knew about this.