Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-28-2010, 11:29 PM   #1
iyam_lorne

Drives: '94 Grand Prix SE
Week 6/15 of giving up my life for a Camaro!

Quick recap once again quick. on top of my mon-fri 8:00am-3:30pm day job I recently got an euvening job mon-thurs 4:00pm-2:00am evening job for a few months to help pay for the Camaro.

Anyway, this week was rather eventful. First of all, the Camaro I ordered for may 1 just happened to show up at my dealer the other day. Apparently GM is trying to move their orders or something or maybe there was a misunderstanding and they built and delivered it before my dealer even gave them the go ahead to start the build. Problem is, I live out in the country and theres some snow and stuff and I dont know if i can get it home yet. So I went to my dealer this saturday, since its my only day off really, to look at it and check it out, make sure its mine. Sure enough, it was all the stuff I specified and had a paper on the dash with my name on it. Then my dealer tells me that since I barely apply to get the car without a co-signer, which i dont have, the bank that finally accepted me was getting finicky and may not approve me before may 1 because they have to renew the approval every 60 days or something. So i figured id better be safe than sorry, so I signed the papers and got everything set up now even though I really wanted to have more saved up for the downpayment so that my payments are smaller. now Im stuck with higher payments and can only shrink the time by adding more downpayment. Thants not what I wanted. Also, since I dont have the greatest credit yet, the bank would only approve me for a 6 year loan and not 7, which I wanted. That really bumped the payments. And also, another condition the bank needed from me for approval was that the car have a 5 year warranty. So I was forced to buy the extra 2 year extended warranty. I dont get it, the banks are like "oh, we dont trust you to pay it off since you have low credit rating so we will make you buy an extra 2 grand worth of warranty and only give you a 6 year loan so that your payments are much higher and harder to pay." Just syupid. I'm on a somewhat limited budget and I had it all figured out what the payments were gonna be, now looks like theyre gonna be higher than I wanted.

Anyway, so when my salesman took me out to the car, I open the drivers door and it looks like some idiot was trapped in the car and tried to escape using mud. the dreivers door was all smudged with mud inside on the door panel and even the top of the door handle inside has some scuffs like big scratch marks. I tried to rub them off but they dont look like they come off. My salesman had gone to get the dealer plate for us to take it for a drive and when he came back, I forgot to mention it to him, so Im gonna have to call him tomorrow and ask about that. I should have mentioned it before I paid. stupid me. I'm paying a total of 42k for a brand new car and it should be in perfect condition. So my perfect day of taking delivery of my car that I expected isnt turning out to be so perfect after all.

So I hope to get the car home as soon as possible before anybody decides to joyride in it or have some more mudfights inside there. I have one of the 2 keys for it here at home with me. Having alot of fun flicking it out, lol. Weather seems to be warming up abit so hopefully soon the snow and slush will melt off my driveway and road so that I can grab my poor baby and bring her home where she belongs. Well back to another week of work. maybe next saturday I will head down to the dealership to drive it around for the day again. Here are some pictures of it that I took when I had it out for a ride yesterday. I also want them to get rid of that stupid dealer bumper sticker on the trunk. Does anyone else mind that sticker on their new camaro? thanks once again so much all for your support and encouragement.
Attached Images

ABM(changed to SIM) 1LT Automatic w/RS, polished alum, conv&conn pkg - May 1, 2010
iyam_lorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:00 AM   #2
mackvenom1

Drives: 2010 Mercedes-Benz C300 Sport 4M
Send a message via AIM to mackvenom1
You're paying 42k for a 1LT/RS?
mackvenom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:22 AM   #3
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
So I was forced to buy the extra 2 year extended warranty.

sorry, but the dealer screwed you into that. not the bank.

have you ever bought a car before? 42k for a LT/RS? i paid 39k for my loaded 2SS/RS and that included TT&L...

//edit

i see your in canada... still 42k is a bit high?
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:46 AM   #4
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
I paid 42K for my 1SS RS BA system. Extended warranty and everything else in. That ssems high. Or maybe its not I dunno.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:59 AM   #5
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
After all you've gone through whats most important is. How do you like your new car! Sure the situation isn't ideal but the way things are these days I'm surprised they give anyone credit. You can always refinance in a year that will lower your payment if it gets to tight. As for the marks have them fix it.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:18 AM   #6
iyam_lorne

Drives: '94 Grand Prix SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
After all you've gone through whats most important is. How do you like your new car! Sure the situation isn't ideal but the way things are these days I'm surprised they give anyone credit. You can always refinance in a year that will lower your payment if it gets to tight. As for the marks have them fix it.
Oh yeah. as for the car its awesome. when i was driving it i couldnt stop smiling. i couldnt even look over at the car beside me at the lights becaus i must have looked like an idiot with a massive grin glued to my face. lol. if i can describe the driving feel in one word id say "tight". i just love it and cant wait to get it home

ABM(changed to SIM) 1LT Automatic w/RS, polished alum, conv&conn pkg - May 1, 2010
iyam_lorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:33 AM   #7
camarorad
Out of my way

Drives: RY 2SS/RS
dealer seems a bit suspect. Don't think banks ever ask for extended warranty, but maybe its different in Canada. Also don't understand the bank not approving the loan in two months. What was going to happen if you took delivery at the date they originally agreed on then?

Just to be on the safe side, make sure your APR hasn't "mysteriously" gone up since the terms have changed.

Six year loan seems really long, let alone seven...

On the upside, the car looks great!
Old 03-01-2010, 09:42 AM   #8
Big Brunsy

Drives: 2010 supercharged LS3
sorry to say it, but you got screwed
Big Brunsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:50 AM   #9
francone13

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
He paid 42K for the 1LT because he lives in Canada that is msrp well a little more because you bought extended waranty. Mine was 42k and its a 2LT/RS so sounds right to me.
francone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:57 AM   #10
GTAwheelman

Drives: 1985 Camaro Sport Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarorad View Post
dealer seems a bit suspect. Don't think banks ever ask for extended warranty, but maybe its different in Canada. Also don't understand the bank not approving the loan in two months. What was going to happen if you took delivery at the date they originally agreed on then?

Just to be on the safe side, make sure your APR hasn't "mysteriously" gone up since the terms have changed.

Six year loan seems really long, let alone seven...

On the upside, the car looks great!

indeed i thought it was crazy i have a 5yr on my truck
GTAwheelman is offline   Reply With Quote