Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-17-2009, 05:51 AM   #1
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Can we get a front plate holder that bends with the bumper?

I know someone on here was looking to make a license plate holder. Is it possible to make one that has the point like the camaro does. Can it bend with the bumper to keep the shape consistent to the front of the car?

Of course, just for the people in states who require a front plate...Like VA!
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 05:55 AM   #2
a6pk2go

Drives: ...
I have already told my dealer that I want it not attached. I live in Texas and I have a friend at work that has a Caddy which is a sweet looking ride and he puts gloves under his front plate and puts it in the front window. I don't want it mounted in case I ever move back to Northern Ky where they only require one plate on the rear.
a6pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 05:57 AM   #3
AirBoyzT
Deployed OIF Basrah, Iraq

Drives: Future Camaro
I don't think legally you can actually bend the front plate, owever the front plate on the camaro is probably going to be on the side of the front. Me however, I probably won't even put it on the front...
Old 01-17-2009, 08:48 AM   #4
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Are there any States that have only One Plate :flag2: You guys should ask who ever is in charge to just have only ONE License Plate on your vehicles. Quebec started issuing a single plate since 1978. The cars do look much better without them
Attached Images

RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:50 AM   #5
a6pk2go

Drives: ...
[QUOTE=a6pk2go;251565]I have already told my dealer that I want it not attached. I live in Texas and I have a friend at work that has a Caddy which is a sweet looking ride and he puts gloves under his front plate and puts it in the front window. I don't want it mounted in case I ever move back to Northern Ky where they only require one plate on the rear.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRay View Post
Are there any States that have only One Plate :flag2: You guys should ask who ever is in charge to just have only ONE License Plate on your vehicles. Quebec started issuing a single plate since 1978. The cars do look much better without them
Kentucky is a rear plate only state.
a6pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:01 AM   #6
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
im telling my dealer the same f the front plate
Old 01-17-2009, 10:13 AM   #7
ZYAL8R

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRay View Post
There are lots "one plate states". Arkansas is one of the lucky ones. State by state regulations have been posted in another and similar thread. But still if you live in one of the two-plate states, I feel for you, b/c I can't really see how you can avoid drilling holes in the front of your brand new ride.

However, there is another option. Get a P.O. Box in a one-plate state and register your car there. But your chances of being pulled over on the interstate for just being out-of-state runs very high. Here in Arkansas, it's almost a rule for the Troopers, to pull over every out-of-state car they can. And given the fact that all of us Camaro owners will probably slightly above the posted speed limit on the highways, then you are sure to get pulled over anyway. Not a good idea, but a possible option for those who hate the front plate.

84' Chevy S-10
91' Chevy S-10 Ext. Cab
90' GMC Sierra Reg. Cab 350 V8
2003 GMC Sierra HD 4x4 Crew 6.0
2005 GMC Yukon 5.3
2008 GMC Ext. Cab 4x4 5.3
2008 GMC Yukon SLT 5.3
This truck man is about to go for something a little more sporty.
ZYAL8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:12 AM   #8
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I'll put it in the windshield if that's what it takes to keep my brackets from being applied. I want a clean front end.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:29 AM   #9
gen5-ss

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Wink Gramp's Camaro

I too dislike the front plate bracket but live in a State that requires a front plate. There must be some one out there that could come up with an alternative bracket that snaps onto the lower grille. This would avoid the necessity of drilling holes in the front of your car and could easily be removed.

Ordered 2SS RS 6M RJT. Not bad for someone 67 years young!
gen5-ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:03 AM   #10
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
Hey edog, honestly just wait until a cop pulls you over, and pray he isn't a huge Ford fan! I think even Heather was saying it's worth it to keep paying the tickets instead of ruining the aesthetics of the car. Did you see how stupid that red Camaro looked with that cockeyed front plate on the car she was driving around?! Yuck....
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:14 AM   #11
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
I've seen a number of people put the front plate in the windshield.

Can you register the car in a different state if you get a PO box there? I was not aware of that - I wonder why all the Cali. people don't do that for states like Oklahoma: no front plate law AND no emissions testing.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:39 AM   #12
Never2LowChevy
Banned

Drives: bagged 4 door dually on 22s
I live in Texas and we are required to have a front plate mounted at the "forward most position of the vehicle". I absolutly HATE the way a front plat looks! None of my vehicles have a front plate and I have NEVER been pulled over for it. If you are pulled over for it, the ticket is a "fix it" ticket. Zip tie it to the lower grille and bring it to the court house and they will dismiss it. Its not that big of a deal!
Never2LowChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 06:36 AM   #13
SAE05
inconspicuous observer

Drives: 05 GTO
If a plate state, the dealer is obligated to attach the front plate holder but not required. I asked my dealer and had them put it on a piece of paper to not attach it then we signed and dated it, myself, the salesperson, and the service mgr. then made a copy of it. That puts the responsibility on you to attach that w/the plate and leaves them with one less thing to do.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:50 AM   #14
Mungo

Drives: trans am
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYAL8R View Post
There are lots "one plate states". Arkansas is one of the lucky ones. State by state regulations have been posted in another and similar thread. But still if you live in one of the two-plate states, I feel for you, b/c I can't really see how you can avoid drilling holes in the front of your brand new ride.

However, there is another option. Get a P.O. Box in a one-plate state and register your car there. But your chances of being pulled over on the interstate for just being out-of-state runs very high. Here in Arkansas, it's almost a rule for the Troopers, to pull over every out-of-state car they can. And given the fact that all of us Camaro owners will probably slightly above the posted speed limit on the highways, then you are sure to get pulled over anyway. Not a good idea, but a possible option for those who hate the front plate.
The problem with that is you can't have a car registered with tags from one state and a license from another. They must match.
Mungo is offline   Reply With Quote