Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 10-04-2011, 05:02 PM   #323
Fleet1
Pres. H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: Corvette & Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro21 View Post
I too had an AWESOME time at the Texas Camaro Nationals. 3 of us from Dallas rolled into ARD around 11:00am and spent most of the afternoon at the Dyno Day and Car Show, we left and went to hotel to get cleaned up for dinner at Frankenstein's. We hung out and had a great time with some old friends and made some new ones !! On Sunday my first 2 runs out of the gate were my best runs ever. I ran a 11.16 @ 128mph and a 11.18 @127mph, but didn't do much after that. I missed a shift during the Top 16 qualifying and then when it came to bracket racing I red-lighted !!

Thanks to all the men/women of the H-Town Camaro Club and at ARD for the hospitality that was shown to all of us out-of-towners. We really felt welcomed.

Thanks to Hennessey for letting us use the track. The prep at the track was nothing short of pure awesomness!! I look forward to coming back down for next years event !!

My hats off to everyone involved with this event, I couldn't have had a better time !!
Your ride was looking good and runnig strong... I was sure I would be handing you a trophy and some green backs!!
Fleet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:13 PM   #324
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray 3LT Z51
Couldn't make it...my recent Pedder's purchase put me in the red Will try next year...with a better suspension.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:58 AM   #325
FloydSummerOf68

Drives: Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro21 View Post
I too had an AWESOME time at the Texas Camaro Nationals. 3 of us from Dallas rolled into ARD around 11:00am and spent most of the afternoon at the Dyno Day and Car Show, we left and went to hotel to get cleaned up for dinner at Frankenstein's. We hung out and had a great time with some old friends and made some new ones !! On Sunday my first 2 runs out of the gate were my best runs ever. I ran a 11.16 @ 128mph and a 11.18 @127mph, but didn't do much after that. I missed a shift during the Top 16 qualifying and then when it came to bracket racing I red-lighted !!

Thanks to all the men/women of the H-Town Camaro Club and at ARD for the hospitality that was shown to all of us out-of-towners. We really felt welcomed.

Thanks to Hennessey for letting us use the track. The prep at the track was nothing short of pure awesomness!! I look forward to coming back down for next years event !!

My hats off to everyone involved with this event, I couldn't have had a better time !!
That's some good MPH. Easy 10 second pass with a decent 60'
FloydSummerOf68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:04 AM   #326
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet1 View Post
Your ride was looking good and runnig strong... I was sure I would be handing you a trophy and some green backs!!
Mistakes on my part cost me for sure !! Maybe next year !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68 View Post
That's some good MPH. Easy 10 second pass with a decent 60'
Track prep was good, but I still have stock drivetrain so I am trying to baby it out of the hole and it costs me. Upgrades are gonna be in place before next year's event for sure !!

Here is a video from Youtube of my second best run at TKN III

Last edited by Camaro21; 10-05-2011 at 12:01 PM.
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:36 PM   #327
GSUNCSU
Watch This!

Drives: Super Charged 1SS/RS, M6, CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
as you found out, FIRST HAND, the guys and gals at ARD are top notch, and second to none.....

if you would have seen OWEN in one of his REGULAR uniforms...insted of his track/shop duds....you would have known the quality of folks you would been dealing with just by looking at him.

or
I don't care who you are, that right there is funny...
K&N CAI, Wet Okole Seat Covers, MagnaFlow Street Perf. Ex. (Axle Back), MPD Hood, Gary's Customz ZL1 Fascia/Vented Fenders/Custom Stripes/Paint, AAC Afterburners/Fog Light Halos/Side Markers/Misc LEDs, Bee-Otch Air Freshener, Hurst Shifter and Line-Loc(APEX), RPI Splash Guards, MagnaCharger (Texas-Speed)(Installed by ME), Rx Catch Can and Breather, Billet Pulleys (SC2150), ARH Headers, LPE Twin Fuel Pump, Custom Blower Cam, Custom Tune TBArwhp, TBArwtorq, Boost Gauge and Single Pod (MTI)
GSUNCSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:09 PM   #328
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSUNCSU View Post
I don't care who you are, that right there is funny...
It may be funny......but its the TRUTH as well......Owen and the ARD crew are THE BOMB!!
Old 10-05-2011, 08:28 PM   #329
GSUNCSU
Watch This!

Drives: Super Charged 1SS/RS, M6, CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
It may be funny......but its the TRUTH as well......Owen and the ARD crew are THE BOMB!!
Pulled my nugs out of the fire...
K&N CAI, Wet Okole Seat Covers, MagnaFlow Street Perf. Ex. (Axle Back), MPD Hood, Gary's Customz ZL1 Fascia/Vented Fenders/Custom Stripes/Paint, AAC Afterburners/Fog Light Halos/Side Markers/Misc LEDs, Bee-Otch Air Freshener, Hurst Shifter and Line-Loc(APEX), RPI Splash Guards, MagnaCharger (Texas-Speed)(Installed by ME), Rx Catch Can and Breather, Billet Pulleys (SC2150), ARH Headers, LPE Twin Fuel Pump, Custom Blower Cam, Custom Tune TBArwhp, TBArwtorq, Boost Gauge and Single Pod (MTI)
GSUNCSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:58 PM   #330
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSUNCSU View Post
Pulled my nugs out of the fire...
hey, I know you were dealing with car issues, but it was a pleasure to meet you this past weekend... Glad ARD and Co were able to get you back on the road and headed home....

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote