Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-28-2013, 11:23 AM   #561
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
I kept a couple of pieces of the meatloaf and froze
the other pieces. That along with some chicken now
give me a couple of options for meals

I'm getting there.......................

Sounds like tou're really getting the hang of it. If you've been keeping the macro's on target you should show steady progress.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:32 AM   #562
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
Sounds like tou're really getting the hang of it. If you've been keeping the macro's on target you should show steady progress.

I have been watching the macros the challenge
is when I'm eating out or having dinner at a
friends house - then I just try to watch portions
and stay away from cream sauces, cheesy stuff
etc. Bout all I can do under the circumstances.

I feel good, feel like I've lost weight. I'm anxious
to see what I weigh on Wed
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:42 AM   #563
CFD

Quote:
I have been watching the macros the challenge
is when I'm eating out or having dinner at a
friends house - then I just try to watch portions
and stay away from cream sauces, cheesy stuff
etc. Bout all I can do under the circumstances.

I feel good, feel like I've lost weight. I'm anxious
to see what I weigh on Wed

When eating out, that's how you do it. After making your own meals for a while you get to know portion sizes and have an idea on what foods are high/low in macro's. If you stay away from the sauces, dressings and toppings then the cal intake should be close enough as not to have any real impact, portion size and macro's are the same for all foods regardless of where they are prepared, it's the added stuff you avoid with your choices.

If you feel good that's the most important but the scale numbers are nice to see, I think you will be just fine.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:41 PM   #564
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Well, Becky, perhaps the opposite is true for me...........or maybe, half & half. Sometimes I can manage things better on the weekends. Unless there is a trip to my mother-in-laws house in the mix. I can eat less than I used to when there but it is hard to be good when the food is soooooo good. Otherwise I can space my meals out & do pretty well. But today is was back to reality I work for me. I was super busy & hardly had time to breath much less eat & drink.

I had my shake & coffee with a little creamer this morning around 6:30. Around 11:00 I finally had time to throw down a small container of cottage cheese & a small pkg of peaches in juice (drained). Then one of my chicken onions & pepper dishes at a little after noon. Around 2:00 I ate one of my mixed nut snacks. Then tonight 2 eggs, green beans & a Silk Almond milk dark chocolate drink (yeah, I now, not good timing on that one, but I was too brain dead to think about it & needed someting else after I finished my supper. I just don't have the time to look up & log all the stats. I still have notes to do from my busy day & I am tired. I did do some weights & exercizes when I got home. I'm feeling a bit frustrated. Not that I am doing all that badly, just tired, & all this stuff takes more time than I can figure out how to fit in. And I still have not found a class. I NEED MY CLASS!

edit: okay even more frustrated now, I took the time to enter at least the calories as best I could estimate them & the exercizes as best I could into the my fittness pal & it is not giving me any credit for the exercizes. Grrrrrrrrrrrr! I clearly do not have the patience or brain cells for this tonight. I'm going to bed now.

Last edited by RubyCamaro; 01-28-2013 at 10:03 PM.
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:46 AM   #565
CFD

Watching the am news and they revealed a new breakthrough in fat loss. They now claim it's not just what you eat but when you eat it. The study says reaserch shows those who eat larger meals later in the day lost SIGNIFENTLY LESS WEIGHT than those who eat larger meals earlier in the day.

What I want to know is HOW IS THIS A BREAKTHROUGH. This has been known for ever and as most have read here, I am a firm believer in NUTRIENT TIMING.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:17 PM   #566
CFD

I've been trying to decide what direction I'm going with my training seeing I just finished a bulking stage. After reviewing my numbers I am quite happy in that from the last photo I posted to the one posted a few days ago I've picked up an inch in my arms, 3 inches in chest/back and 3 inches on my thighs. These are big gains seeing that I've been pretty good with body fat readings. I think I'm going to do one more cut before my work load at the shop get's crazy. I will be focusing on retaining as much of my hard earned muscle while cutting 3-4% body fat. This will require very strict dieting which even for me can be a bit challenging sometimes. I will update last weeks photo in 4-5 weeks at which time I will see if I will continue cutting or switch to maintenance. This has created a new problem. I normally wear a 31" waist pair of jeans, I just bought a 30" waist and took a notch out of my belt, problem is, they won't fit over my thighs. I love problems like this
Old 01-29-2013, 07:34 PM   #567
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

I'd love to think about cutting

I'll ask Bonnie if there is an old lady bikini contest

Srsly, you are amazing!! I'm real happy with where I'm
going, but I'd love to be in your position. I just need to
stay the course.

weigh in tomorrow AM-I'm thinking it should be good

I've also discovered - salsa goes on everything
Old 01-29-2013, 07:51 PM   #568
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Can you say stretch jeans?????????????? LOL Yeah, Good problems are a good thing. Today's intake: morning shake (BTW I got some Whey in a reasonable size & tried it this morning), coffee w/only powdered milk as creamer (I looked at the calories in the creamer ), Onion & peppers chicken, Dark Chocolate silk milk & a boiled agg as snack, Supper: tried the quiona 1/2 c.(meh it's okay, hubby tried it & does not like it) Hubby stir fried chicken, green peppers, onions & mushrooms, last snack 1/2 C cottage cheese & 1/2 C thawed unsweetened frozen peaches. I'm sort of over counting the calories already.

I do feel like I have lost some tummy so I could not stand it & got on the scales. 1 1/2 lbs less & just slight improvements in fat & muscle. I know it means little as things fluctuate, but it is at least all in the right direction.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:52 PM   #569
CFD

Quote:
I'd love to think about cutting

I'll ask Bonnie if there is an old lady bikini contest

Srsly, you are amazing!! I'm real happy with where I'm
going, but I'd love to be in your position. I just need to
stay the course.

weigh in tomorrow AM-I'm thinking it should be good

I've also discovered - salsa goes on everything
Thanks.

In reality you are cutting. What I suggest you do is exactly what I do when cutting, except that I am very strict with cals and macro's. Actually when bulking I pretty much eat the same way with the exception of upping the cal intake withh a few more carbs and I'm a bit more lenient with food choices.

At one time I was in your position but I stuck with it and this is where it got me.

Salsa is a great way to add a little flavor to a lot of foods without adding a lot of useless cals. I always add a tbs or two to plain veggies to make them more flavorful.

I'm routing for you with tomorrows weigh in. Good luck
Old 01-29-2013, 08:05 PM   #570
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Can you say stretch jeans?????????????? LOL Yeah, Good problems are a good thing. Today's intake: morning shake (BTW I got some Whey in a reasonable size & tried it this morning), coffee w/only powdered milk as creamer (I looked at the calories in the creamer ), Onion & peppers chicken, Dark Chocolate silk milk & a boiled agg as snack, Supper: tried the quiona 1/2 c.(meh it's okay, hubby tried it & does not like it) Hubby stir fried chicken, green peppers, onions & mushrooms, last snack 1/2 C cottage cheese & 1/2 C thawed unsweetened frozen peaches. I'm sort of over counting the calories already.

I do feel like I have lost some tummy so I could not stand it & got on the scales. 1 1/2 lbs less & just slight improvements in fat & muscle. I know it means little as things fluctuate, but it is at least all in the right direction.

Like I've mentioned before, a lot of people keep track of the cals in their main foods but don't count the little things like coffee creamers but all those little things add up big time.

Quinoa is kind of bland but is an excellent food, it is the only non-animal protein that is a complete protein. Although not what I would call delicious by any means but for some reason I mix some green peas with quinoa and it tastes good to me.

1 1/2 pounds may not seem like much but it's like all those little bits of extra cals, over time they add up. One of the things that kills peoples attempt to loose weight is that it happens quite slowly and they get discouraged especially when they see the crap on tv, stuff like loose pounds in a couple of weeks without changing anything, just take this pill or sprinkle this on your food. The fact is none of it works but slow steady fat loss is what does work. It may seem like it takes forever but in retrospective it does not. The fat didn't just happen overnight, sometimes it was a little bit over years of time, you can't expect to loose it overnight or without putting some real effort into it.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:13 AM   #571
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

6 TOTAL LBS LOST!!

ok really like 5.8, but darn digital scales I'm counting
it as 6

Good work out this AM - motoring right along!!

I've always said that when I get behind the wheel
of my Camaro I feel like I lose 20 years and 20 lbs -
maybe this year it will just be the 20 years cause
the 20 lbs will be GONE!!!!!
Old 01-30-2013, 09:43 AM   #572
CFD

Quote:
6 TOTAL LBS LOST!!

ok really like 5.8, but darn digital scales I'm counting
it as 6

Good work out this AM - motoring right along!!

I've always said that when I get behind the wheel
of my Camaro I feel like I lose 20 years and 20 lbs -
maybe this year it will just be the 20 years cause
the 20 lbs will be GONE!!!!!

This is good news. I'm glad that you're excited about 6 lbs, as you should be. You may not realize but it's a lot more than just 6 lbs. you are also changing your body composition. You can loose weight and become skinny with no body definition by dieting but when you incorporate working out with it you are building muscle which is what makes your body shapely as well as becoming more fit and in general more healthy. I would think by now this is becoming easier for you and as time goes on it will become more easy until the point where it is just natural. If you keep it up you will see that it will be a pound here, 2 lbs there, a 1/2 pound sometimes nothing and sometimes more but by spring if you look back from where you started to where you are now you will be very pleasantly surprised.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:18 PM   #573
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
This is good news. I'm glad that you're excited about 6 lbs, as you should be. You may not realize but it's a lot more than just 6 lbs. you are also changing your body composition. You can loose weight and become skinny with no body definition by dieting but when you incorporate working out with it you are building muscle which is what makes your body shapely as well as becoming more fit and in general more healthy. I would think by now this is becoming easier for you and as time goes on it will become more easy until the point where it is just natural. If you keep it up you will see that it will be a pound here, 2 lbs there, a 1/2 pound sometimes nothing and sometimes more but by spring if you look back from where you started to where you are now you will be very pleasantly surprised.

I'm ready to declare that my pants fit better
I pulled some out that were in the back of the closet just
because they were a little snug and now, they fit a tad on
the loose side. I've got one pair I wore yesterday that I
had to cinch with the belt to keep them from riding too low

It's a work in progress, but so far well worth the time and effort -
thanks so much for your help and support
Old 01-30-2013, 04:24 PM   #574
CFD

Quote:
I'm ready to declare that my pants fit better
I pulled some out that were in the back of the closet just
because they were a little snug and now, they fit a tad on
the loose side. I've got one pair I wore yesterday that I
had to cinch with the belt to keep them from riding too low

It's a work in progress, but so far well worth the time and effort -
thanks so much for your help and support
You will be swimsuit shopping this summer.