Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-01-2014, 12:27 PM   #1
Standard

Drives: 2023 Sharkskin ZL1 M6
Wiring an exhaust cutout

I'm looking at the options, interested in the racereadyperformance.com with the wireless controller.

I'd like to know if anyone has wired up something like this without having to drill through the floorboards or take apart the console - if there's a good way to get wires to the firewall instead - if this is a desireable route.

Assume this question is about getting wires down for power not control/switch. . . .
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 02:32 PM   #2
rgreene1971

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I have mine wired through the firewall, the only parts I needed to take apart was some of the trim pieces near the door and the trim piece going down the center console. Not to difficult at all.

COMP Cams XFI Street/Strip, Lingenfelter LS3 Heads, AHR Long tube headers + X pipe, FAST LSXR 102mm Intake manifold, LMR Cold air intake, Flowmaster 3" stainless steel exhaust, NoWeeds Exhaust cutouts, Platinum Valve spring kit, ZEX NOS system 175hp shot, Eibach Pro-Kit performance lowering springs (1" drop all around), Custom grills, bumper ports, etc....
rgreene1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:38 PM   #3
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
There is a hole in each floorboard you can route the wires through. Crawl under the car and you will see the grommet.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:01 AM   #4
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMickey View Post
There is a hole in each floorboard you can route the wires through. Crawl under the car and you will see the grommet.
+1000000

Wire through them and make sure you use a silicone to seal around the hole you drilled. boom..done.
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote