Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 02-26-2015, 10:29 PM   #71
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Machine View Post
Where ever it ends up lol. I have two s256 turbos and my tuner said around 600-650 with no additives. I do have water/meth to add so I don't know if that changes anything. I'll be happy where ever it maxes out at a safe level.
Like others have said, it will make as much as you have fuel for. 900whp on a stock bottom end. Matt asked me how far I wanted to go with the car and I told him i was happy 750ish. Its got more in it, I honestly don't know how much fuel I have left at this point, but I know there is more there. I need to ask Matt about that.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 10:33 PM   #72
Green Machine
Always Workin

Drives: 2021 Mazda MX-5
I'll only have zl1 pump (no boost a pump) with 850cc injectors plus the water meth.

I'm not sure how long an ls3 will last at 900 whp though lol. I'll need to do head studs haha. I do plan on doing springs here soon too

2018 1SS 1LE, HyperBlue Metallic (Sold)
2014 1SS 1LE, Black, Twin Turbo (Sold)
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 11:32 AM   #73
1KillerSS

Quote:
KillerSS are you going to camaro fest in bowling Green this year? Would love to see you head down there with my group .
Just talked to my girl about Cfest, she's into going, so I think we need to meet up and go!

Quote:
I'll only have zl1 pump (no boost a pump) with 850cc injectors plus the water meth.

I'm not sure how long an ls3 will last at 900 whp though lol. I'll need to do head studs haha. I do plan on doing springs here soon too
There are more than a few at 900, as for how long....I know there is one guy here on C5 that has like 919 or somthing like that and hes been on that over a year now, drives it hard too. But yea I figure 900 is on limited life span.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
Old 03-23-2015, 12:14 AM   #74
1KillerSS

In the last three weeks I have had some time to do some datalogging, being a former wrench turner and wannabe tuner has really got me interested in all the details of how my car performs. I figured some datalogging was in order to see just how much power was left in the car, and or tune, so I setup my display table and some histograms and went to it.

There is definitely no more power left in the fuel system, for me to get anything else out of it I'll need to install a BAP. At 11psi @ 6k rpms I'm 83% IDC and it looks like im at 40psi for FP.....Not good. Not good considering thats my middle boost setting. at 13.5psi around 4k rpm's my IDC is 60% but FP is still only 45psi, I didnt run it up any higher because of traction and safety issues on the road.

Bottom line is I need to do some more logging and get some repeatability out of those readings, so that I can say without a doubt, ok this is what it is. This is a little frustrating for me considering I was under the impression that I had more left in the car as it stands now.

What next? Gotta do some more logging and get some repeatability, I have logged over a dozen sessions and sometimes the FP is decent and sometimes its not. Sometimes the IDC isnt bad and sometimes its kinda high. The problem is that I am not duplicating the exact same conditions over and over.

That means its time to find a dyno and get some decent runs in. My buddy Green Machine has set me up with a guy in Columbus, a little closer to me than Bradenton, a tuner by the name of Brian Turner. We have spoken back and forth about me bringing the car to him so that I can either do some remote tuning with Matt, or him directly.

I am thinking that I will install the BAP myself before I bring the car to him, so that I don't waste any time and money once there. I'm not a pro tuner, but I'm pretty sure that I shouldn't ever see FP that low, at any time in a run.

Build thread
Old 03-23-2015, 10:28 AM   #75
1KillerSS

Matt sent me some cool data sheets off the dyno, I figured I would add them to the inventory of cool stuff.

Here is a list of HP and TQ by rpm and boost settings, I have three settings on my Tru Boost.

Graph didnt come out correctly so I took a screen shot and attached it.
Attached Images

Build thread
Old 03-23-2015, 10:36 AM   #76
1KillerSS

Dyno sheets.
Attached Images

Build thread
Old 03-25-2015, 06:18 PM   #77
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Great Thread... Subscribed..
Old 03-30-2015, 08:24 PM   #78
1KillerSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
In the last three weeks I have had some time to do some datalogging, being a former wrench turner and wannabe tuner has really got me interested in all the details of how my car performs. I figured some datalogging was in order to see just how much power was left in the car, and or tune, so I setup my display table and some histograms and went to it.

There is definitely no more power left in the fuel system, for me to get anything else out of it I'll need to install a BAP. At 11psi @ 6k rpms I'm 83% IDC and it looks like im at 40psi for FP.....Not good. Not good considering thats my middle boost setting. at 13.5psi around 4k rpm's my IDC is 60% but FP is still only 45psi, I didnt run it up any higher because of traction and safety issues on the road.

Bottom line is I need to do some more logging and get some repeatability out of those readings, so that I can say without a doubt, ok this is what it is. This is a little frustrating for me considering I was under the impression that I had more left in the car as it stands now.

What next? Gotta do some more logging and get some repeatability, I have logged over a dozen sessions and sometimes the FP is decent and sometimes its not. Sometimes the IDC isnt bad and sometimes its kinda high. The problem is that I am not duplicating the exact same conditions over and over.

That means its time to find a dyno and get some decent runs in. My buddy Green Machine has set me up with a guy in Columbus, a little closer to me than Bradenton, a tuner by the name of Brian Turner. We have spoken back and forth about me bringing the car to him so that I can either do some remote tuning with Matt, or him directly.

I am thinking that I will install the BAP myself before I bring the car to him, so that I don't waste any time and money once there. I'm not a pro tuner, but I'm pretty sure that I shouldn't ever see FP that low, at any time in a run.

Matt looked over some of my data logs and saw that the car was running pretty rich at WOT. I wasn't to clear as to what is considered fat when running meth, and we planned on me sending a few logs back to him for review after I took delivery on the car, main reason is, different altitude and temps. He made some changes and tells me that it should help with my fuel pressure. Going to load the new file tomorrow and do some street runs to see how it changes the pressure. Keeping fingers crossed, the weather the last week has been terrible. Its either been too cold to get traction, or raining. Keeping fingers crossed and will update soon as I get some decent runs in. Wish me luck!

Build thread
Old 03-31-2015, 05:38 PM   #79
allmotor
movin' down the motorway

Drives: Summiit White 2SS/RS/M6
Great info regarding your TT build. Rodney and Matt did my stroker build and I've been thinking of going FI. I reached out to Matt a couple weeks ago to start the conversation. I'm sure you'll work out the issues. Good luck.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:09 PM   #80
1KillerSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotor View Post
Great info regarding your TT build. Rodney and Matt did my stroker build and I've been thinking of going FI. I reached out to Matt a couple weeks ago to start the conversation. I'm sure you'll work out the issues. Good luck.
Thank you very much, there are a lot of build threads out there and I was hoping mine didn't get lost in the many threads of similar builds. I gotta say that going with the AGP turbos was hands down the best decision I've made when it comes to adding power to the car. Its made it super fun to drive and become more of an educational experience for me than anything.

Build thread
Old 03-31-2015, 08:33 PM   #81
1KillerSS

Had to wait a whole day to get out on the road and get some runs in, I wanted to get all three boost settings in. That task alone is not an easy one, the cold weather alone is really making traction a challenge,even before I put the turbos on I would spin. Now add onto that my bald GY F1's then throw on 750 whp.... I basically have to wait till I'm going 100mph in 4th gear and even then need to slowly squeeze the throttle, and I am still spinning.

I did however manage to get some traction for a brief moment, took me a half a tank of gas and all day to put together three runs at the off, a, and b settings of the controller. 8,11 and 14psi.

Good news is that the changes Matt made were a success! FP never dropped below 54psi and 65% IDC. I am totally stoked! Car feels stronger and its transition into boost is smoother.

Next is a trip to the dyno to verify all this. First I'll need to get the DR's put on. I am still thinking of doing a BAP, but at this point its not a must anymore. I would be doing it for the extra safety net. Local dyno shop is booked though till May so ill have to wait unless I make the trip to Columbus to see Brian Turner and use his services. Wont be doing either till I get the tires. Frankly after the cost if the build spending the money on tires and wheels is a little hard to come by, need to wait a bit to save up some cash.

Another big THANK YOU to Matt!

Build thread
Old 04-01-2015, 09:13 PM   #82
1KillerSS

Quote:
Someone needs to watch the name calling
Not sure what I did to get him upset enough to the point of insults.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotor View Post
Haters gonna hate... Keep the updates coming.

Thanks, waiting for Matt to look over the three data logs and see if he wants to change anything or keep it the same. The FP and IDC is much improved.

Build thread
Old 04-02-2015, 06:32 AM   #83
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Cleaned up...

Good deal on Matt following up on the logs and getting her right... That's what the good ones do.... Hoping for better weather for you...

Nice graphs up there...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 10:40 PM   #84
1KillerSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Cleaned up...

Good deal on Matt following up on the logs and getting her right... That's what the good ones do.... Hoping for better weather for you...

Nice graphs up there...
Thank you for tidying up the thread.

Matt is almost done, he thinks a few more runs and that will about finish it till I can get back on a dyno.

Funny thing happened the day before yesterday. I was scrolling through my DIC when I happened to notice my tire pressure. It was set at 40psi! Thats where the boys at the tire shop set them. I have been so reliant over the last two years on the idiot light, to notify me of low tire pressure that I completely overlooked that specific detail. Definately not a fix for my tire situation, I set them to 29 from 40 and its made a big improvement from where it was. I no longer feel like I'm on a wet road.

Weather is much improved and the car feels totally different. it was just over 50 degrees today, and the weather is supposed to be good from here on out. In fact instead of parking the car and driving the truck the last three days I have parked the truck and drove the car. I am totally in heaven and like a little kid. Will be able to order new tires at the end of the month, with the way time is flying that not too far off for me.

Thanks to everybody who has taken the time to read and post. I am honored to have you guys in my thread.

Build thread