Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-01-2015, 04:22 PM   #1
jawood

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Dyno tune near shreveport, LA?

Ive had some bad luck with the previous dyno i went to then the shop that gave me the bad tune shut down and i have to fix the bad tune they left me with. If there arnt any shops, what programmers do you reccomend. I just got my car looked at and they say i have TWO MISFIRING CYLINDERS (i only have 40K miles), and TWO unidentified error codes!!! also is there anyway i could get all this fixed without a tune or no? Thanks so much
jawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 07:47 PM   #2
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
What mods? NO to the handheld tuner idea!

All the best,

Jared Royce
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 07:51 PM   #3
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Drive to Lewisville (just outside Dallas) and Let Andy at ADM Performance tune it for you.....

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, 1LE Shocks, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushing Inserts, Custom Powdercoated ZL1's ,Michelin Pilot Supersports, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam,ZL1 Diffuser,Vitesse Throttle Controller.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:33 PM   #4
jawood

how do you put the text in the lower portion that says mods/ shows pictures like a lot of ppl have?... i am going to get a compression test and look at the manufacture specific codes and if i need a tune i guess ill look at the dallas area ive heard about quite alot of good dyno shops in that area. thank you guys
jawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:39 PM   #5
dentnshell

Drives: Black 2014 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawood View Post
how do you put the text in the lower portion that says mods/ shows pictures like a lot of ppl have?... i am going to get a compression test and look at the manufacture specific codes and if i need a tune i guess ill look at the dallas area ive heard about quite alot of good dyno shops in that area. thank you guys
Edit your "Signature" in your profile
Mods: LSA Conversion 2.5" Upper Pulley, 65# injectors, GPI SS1 Cam, SP Long Tubes, ADM Race Scoop & CAI, NPP exhaust (DIY control), BMR 1" lowering springs, ZL1 Rear Differential / Axles, CF Side Strip / Hood Spear, Tint - Windows / Tails / Sidemarkers, Splash Guards, ADM Boost Gauge, ABL Dashkit, '68 Script Badges, ACS T4 Splitter, ZL1 Rockers from Gary's, Z28 Spoiler, Carbon Fiber Hood Vent, Summer - MRR FS01 Satin Black (10" Front 11" Rear) Winter, pictured-Drag DR 64's Satin Black (9" Front-10" Rear.)
dentnshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 09:20 AM   #6
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
What mods have your car gotten installed before the dyno? you should be looking at the spark plugs the wires... Listening for any ticking ..... Running the car with misfiring cylinders is not good. If you had headers installed or a cam installed make sure things are connected well on the coils and nothing has come loose, and make sure your not hearing unusual engine noise. You could talk to Cam Motion or Monster clutch they are in your neck of the woods also TSP etc.....even and ask who they know..... As is I would be finding out the codes the car puts out, some times you can even read the amount of miss fires per cylinder..... If you have ticking that could be upper valve train problems such as a broken spring or lifters going bad or rocker trunnions going bad and that's a do not even start the engine deal and tow it or risk grenading from a dropped valve or sending shreds of metal off a eaten cam lobe from lifter failure. That's if the ticking is beyond the normal sewing machine like sound.... Being that its just a couple cylinders I would be staring at the electrical to it and replacing those plugs yesterday....... Good Luck. On the top menu bar is user CP that's where you add your signature
Old 12-02-2015, 09:40 AM   #7
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Futral in walker.

GPI in Arkansas (Gwatney performance)
Old 12-02-2015, 09:58 AM   #8
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Futral in walker.

GPI in Arkansas (Gwatney performance)
^^^ This or ADM as already mentioned. Or there is East Texas Muscle in Longview that has some mixed reviews. But as you have discovered there is nothing worth taking your car to in Shreveport.
Old 12-02-2015, 02:10 PM   #9
jawood

Thank yall for all the help ADM sounds good and ill look into GPI in Arkansas... Im taking my car to dealership to look at codes then go from there.. i have no irregular ticking and it runs rather well (i hope its spark plugs or wires)... Also i made a signature hopefully it appears below
Old 12-02-2015, 02:17 PM   #10
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Thank yall for all the help ADM sounds good and ill look into GPI in Arkansas... Im taking my car to dealership to look at codes then go from there.. i have no irregular ticking and it runs rather well (i hope its spark plugs or wires)... Also i made a signature hopefully it appears below
Good plan, make sure its a dealer you can trust. BTW, GPI in Arkansas is actually a Chevy Dealer, with a separate performance division/speed shop. But you cant go wrong with ADM or GPI
Old 12-02-2015, 11:12 PM   #11
bpoirier

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM CGM Stripes
I took my car to ADM Performance. for my 1st tune in 2010. Andy is one of the best in the business. I just recently upgraded my car with an LSA blower, BTR cam and few other goodies. ADM did the work and the tune. Nothing leaves his shop unless it's perfect.
bpoirier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 11:14 PM   #12
bpoirier

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM CGM Stripes
Quote:
I have a spare set of plug wires if you'd like to give them a try. I'll send you a PM with my cell number.
bpoirier is offline   Reply With Quote