Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England

Old 02-18-2015, 07:52 AM   #113
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
Tire rack has delivered and completely met my expectations..

These things destroy snow.

Sorry for the potato quality photos.
Attached Images

Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:22 AM   #114
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter View Post

Nice you must be enjoying your commute took my wife an hour and half to get from Braintree to Plymouth. She said it was a horrible commute that the snow was crazy slippery worst so far this year for her. I think they did nothing to treat the roads since they predicted coating to and inch and we got 5 inches and the roads were getting black ice patches. She may need dedicated snow tires she has all wheel drive Highlander but the tires they put on those are more of a car tire then an SUV tire. Just got decide it I want just tires or get tire and rim package I am leaning towards just tires locally with lifetime changeover so its easy for my I don't have to take it to work to put rims and tires on 2 times a year.
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:58 AM   #115
Splitter
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
Nice you must be enjoying your commute took my wife an hour and half to get from Braintree to Plymouth. She said it was a horrible commute that the snow was crazy slippery worst so far this year for her. I think they did nothing to treat the roads since they predicted coating to and inch and we got 5 inches and the roads were getting black ice patches. She may need dedicated snow tires she has all wheel drive Highlander but the tires they put on those are more of a car tire then an SUV tire. Just got decide it I want just tires or get tire and rim package I am leaning towards just tires locally with lifetime changeover so its easy for my I don't have to take it to work to put rims and tires on 2 times a year.
Ugh... braintree to plymouth usually takes 30 minutes.. maybe 40 max without all the drama. Spending 3x as much time in traffic than you have to makes me

My mom has an AWD touareg w/ all seasons on it. They're relatively low profile, not super beefy. They are honestly quite garbage in any amount of snow/slush/ice. Dedicated snows are obviously the way to go, but she may be able to squeak out the rest of the winter just having the AWD + all season combo. The SUV manages well, but you still don't have 100% confidence in this weather.

Sounds like you're planning it out well. She can have really nice wheels & all seasons for the majority of the year, and then have the "beater" wheels and winter tires for this time of year. This way she can have something nice for the warmer months, and the 100% confidence of AWD + Winter tires during the colder ones.

Oh yeah, I haven't told ya yet, but I did get a new job just before the snow season happened. I no longer have to make that huge commute to Boston every day. My commute is now 5 minutes, from West Dennis route 28, to South Dennis route 134. I'm very fortunate that I found something so close before all the winter drama started!
Old 02-18-2015, 10:37 AM   #116
MLAZ1990

Drives: 2012 black camaro 2LS
Quote:

Nice!
SLP Loud Mouth 1 Exhaust, K&N CAI, RS Headlights, NightOwl V2 halo kit, ZL1 Grille, Custom 2LS Emblems, Green Footwells, GM GFX splitter, Ace Alloy Convex All Matte Black Wheels(20x9 & 20x10.5) wrapped in Toyo Proxe STII(255/45/20 & 295/40/20)
MLAZ1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 01:47 PM   #117
Splitter
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLAZ1990 View Post
Nice!
I'm quite happy with the performance/cost/look/shipping time all around!
Old 02-18-2015, 03:50 PM   #118
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
Congrats on the new job. The change in commute must have given you back 12+ hours a week to having a real life.
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 05:47 PM   #119
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
I have not had any issues with the Blizzaks this winter. Well, unless I wanted to have an issue.....
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 06:37 PM   #120
MLAZ1990

Is it freezing by you guys? It's -15° here right now smh!
SLP Loud Mouth 1 Exhaust, K&N CAI, RS Headlights, NightOwl V2 halo kit, ZL1 Grille, Custom 2LS Emblems, Green Footwells, GM GFX splitter, Ace Alloy Convex All Matte Black Wheels(20x9 & 20x10.5) wrapped in Toyo Proxe STII(255/45/20 & 295/40/20)
Old 02-19-2015, 09:54 AM   #121
Splitter
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
Congrats on the new job. The change in commute must have given you back 12+ hours a week to having a real life.
Thanks man. My life no longer consists of driving -> working -> driving -> sleeping. I can now do other things! Things that I want to do! Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post
I have not had any issues with the Blizzaks this winter. Well, unless I wanted to have an issue.....
Same here! I'm still breaking them in, so I haven't given them a good hoon yet. Probably won't, just for longeivity purposes, but hey, its nice having confidence all the time driving on these things eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLAZ1990 View Post
Is it freezing by you guys? It's -15° here right now smh!
Its like summer down here on Cape! 25 degrees lol!
Old 02-20-2015, 05:23 PM   #122
Muscle Car Lover

Get your roof cleared, especially on the south shore. If it rains 0.5-1 inch, holy s$it is there going to be some trouble. No joke.

Good luck all.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Old 02-20-2015, 07:49 PM   #123
Splitter
Account Suspended

It'll only add about 3 pounds per square foot at my roof's pitch and other factors. Designed to hold up to 100 lbs/ft² indefinitely and temporarily hold 33% more.

I lucked out having a general contractor for a dad. He built the interconnected walkways at Logan for Gilbane when he was working for those guys. Gonna take his word for it that our roof will be okay. Hope he's not wrong lol
Old 02-20-2015, 08:17 PM   #124
MLAZ1990

Quote:
Thanks man. My life no longer consists of driving -> working -> driving -> sleeping. I can now do other things! Things that I want to do! Lol

Same here! I'm still breaking them in, so I haven't given them a good hoon yet. Probably won't, just for longeivity purposes, but hey, its nice having confidence all the time driving on these things eh?

Its like summer down here on Cape! 25 degrees lol!
lol!!!
Old 02-20-2015, 08:18 PM   #125
MLAZ1990

It's warmed up a little here, it's 4° right now!
Old 02-21-2015, 05:29 PM   #126
Muscle Car Lover

First picture is my front walkway, a snow tunnel. Second is the massive snow mountain from all the snow plowing. 3rd is my poor house all iced up. At wits end people!
Attached Images