Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 07-29-2015, 11:45 PM   #1
Infamous DK

Drives: '17 Mosaic Black 1SS M6
1LE price?

Hello everyone,

Currently I am looking to buy myself a 1LE within these next few weeks. The current car I'm interested in is a '15 1SS with the only options being the 1LE package and NPP exhaust. After my supplier discount, current rebates, and hopefully a private offer, I'm sitting at a price of $34109.26 before taxes. I was wondering how good of a shot do you guys think I have at walking away with a price of $35.5k OTD or better? The dealer would be doing a trade for the car since there are NONE near me with these specific options. I haven't begun negotiations yet due to me being busy but I do plan to head back to start the process either by the end of this week or early next.

Also I was wondering would it be better to bring up the private offer before or after final negotiations have been completed?

Thank you in advance!
Infamous DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 12:09 AM   #2
PapaKlutch

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/1LE
The 1LE's are hard to find with just the options you want. It seemed like there was always one around when I was shopping, but not matching just what I wanted! They will get more scarce, too. I wouldn't wait long if you really want a 5th gen 1LE.

I came in about 3000 under MSRP before my rebates/incentives.

I assume your discounts/rebates/private offer are all money from GM and do not affect which dealer you’ll use? If so, you are free to shop around.

When I went through one dealer who looked to do a trade with another dealer, the price was only OK. I could not get close to my best deal by using one dealer as essentially the middleman. YMMV.

Private Offer when you are done, I suppose. It does not affect the amount the dealer charges/makes; that is money directly from GM.

Good Luck!

Last edited by PapaKlutch; 11-30-2016 at 06:22 PM. Reason: typo
PapaKlutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 11:16 PM   #3
Infamous DK

Drives: '17 Mosaic Black 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveZ28 View Post
The 1LE's are hard to find with just the options you want. It seemed like there was always one around when I was shopping, but not matching just what I wanted! They will get more scarce, too. I wouldn't wait long if you really want a 5th gen 1LE.

I came in about 2500 under MSRP before rebates/incentives.

I assume your discounts/rebates/private offer are all money from GM and do not affect which dealer you’ll use? If so, you are free to shop around.

When I went through one dealer who looked to do a trade with another dealer, the price was only OK. I could not get close to my best deal by using one dealer as essentially the middleman. YMMV.

Private Offer when you are done, I suppose. It does not affect the amount the dealer charges/makes; that is money directly from GM.

Good Luck!
Actually they did have a few 1LEs about 40 min from me, but they were all 2SS' and loaded out to the max which I really wasn't looking for. They ended up all selling fast within 2 weeks lol.

I'll definitely have to do some more shopping around then and see what I can find car/option wise. I'm still gonna attempt to see what my local dealer can do for me price wise. I guess if it's not to my liking I might just have to suck it up and make the 5-6hr drive to deal with a specific dealer directly.

Good to know about the private offer tho. I wasn't sure if it affected their sale or not so I didn't know if pulling one out right away would hurt me in getting a better price.
Infamous DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 10:10 AM   #4
PapaKlutch

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous DK View Post
Actually they did have a few 1LEs about 40 min from me, but they were all 2SS' and loaded out to the max which I really wasn't looking for. They ended up all selling fast within 2 weeks lol.

I'll definitely have to do some more shopping around then and see what I can find car/option wise. I'm still gonna attempt to see what my local dealer can do for me price wise. I guess if it's not to my liking I might just have to suck it up and make the 5-6hr drive to deal with a specific dealer directly.

Good to know about the private offer tho. I wasn't sure if it affected their sale or not so I didn't know if pulling one out right away would hurt me in getting a better price.
Yes, the 1LE's seem to sell pretty fast and it's hard to find your desired equip. group/options without ordering!

Yes, if price is no-go with a middle-man dealer, then walk away!

I traveled 800 miles for mine; flew to nearby airport, dealer picked me up, signed the papers and drove her home. That was after a 3 week search. I live in Reno, Nevada and searched dealers in NV, CA, OR, WA, AZ, UT and ID! I'd negotiated pricing on half a dozen cars when I settled on mine.

Start asking folks for the private offer tomorrow. If they find one for you, it's eligible for the whole month of August. It seems like more offers "pop up" on screens around mid-month.

Good Luck with your hunt!