Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 05-08-2010, 09:17 PM   #1
emin7
1st State C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro SIM 2LT/RS
anyone help with injen CAI install?

hey guys. I'm wondering if anyone will be up to help me install the injen CAI in June. I'm moving to harford county june 10 and will def need some help with this. I've never worked on cars before, but i'm a mechanical engineer so I think i'm pretty competent. I also don't have the tools required....

Who's up for helping out and gettin some free beers and lunch on me?
Old 05-08-2010, 09:33 PM   #2
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Hey...the intake is probably the easiest mod you can do to a car with the lowest risk potential; just under an oil change because I guess the risk might be a tad higher. You may get oil in your eye or something. Take a look on the forum here, I even saw a pic by pic install of this intake within the last two days. On top of that, go through the manual that comes with it all the way through before starting, you wont have any doubt at that point. If then you find yourself still somewhat intimidated, you wont have any trouble finding someone to help you out on here. Kinda far from me, but head down to NOVA if all else fails.
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:15 AM   #3
thesnoopster

Drives: '17 Fifty SS - '18 Traverse Redline
CAI is probably one of the easiest installs on a car which can be done in the garage.... only need a screwdriver and I think 10 MM socket...just gotta make sure you put the sensor in the right way and use the screws that come with the kit. if you were closer to me ...hell i would put it for ya and probably add the beer to sip on with a fellow Camaro owner
Old 05-09-2010, 10:45 AM   #4
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnoopster View Post
CAI is probably one of the easiest installs on a car which can be done in the garage.... only need a screwdriver and I think 10 MM socket...just gotta make sure you put the sensor in the right way and use the screws that come with the kit. if you were closer to me ...hell i would put it for ya and probably add the beer to sip on with a fellow Camaro owner
The Injen is a bit more involved than that... You have to remove the stock washer bottle...

scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 02:48 PM   #5
promod55

Drives: 2010 camaro rs/ss 67 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by emin7 View Post
hey guys. I'm wondering if anyone will be up to help me install the injen CAI in June. I'm moving to harford county june 10 and will def need some help with this. I've never worked on cars before, but i'm a mechanical engineer so I think i'm pretty competent. I also don't have the tools required....

Who's up for helping out and gettin some free beers and lunch on me?
I sent you a message.I'll help you out and you will get to see some street rods too
promod55 is offline   Reply With Quote