Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-10-2009, 07:34 AM   #57
LosXC451

Drives: 2010 SS SIM w/ RS
Well this is not gonna affect too many people considering more than 8000 cars have already been built
LosXC451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:06 AM   #58
carguy
Carguy

Drives: 57Chevy,67,80,2@10's camaro's,04SSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosXC451 View Post
Well this is not gonna affect too many people considering more than 8000 cars have already been built
Yes...but it would be sad if they didn't get all early orders filled.

They haven't even started white yet.

I paced my order with the dealer in Feb 08 and order was submitted early on the 13th of Oct.

Might have been better off switching colors when given the chance.

Fingers crossed...Keep maken those cars before the Gov'mt pulls the plug.:
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:10 AM   #59
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Hang on guys, let's not react to unconfirmed information. If things are confirmed, I can elaborate to calm everyone down but for now, let's please wait for official confirmation.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:26 AM   #60
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy View Post
My concern is GM filing for Bankruptcy June 1...! If They File or are forced into filing Gm will most certainly need to shut all production lines until emerging from Bankruptcy. At least 6hat is what happened with Chrysler....because suplliers would no longer provide parts etc.
I think if Chrysler had any cars that were in huge demand right now those lines would be running. The govt had guaranteed that all suppliers will be paid and is still supplying capital to Chrysler so I believe that the lines were shut down mostly because of excess inventory and it had already been announced that they were going to be off-line for many weeks this summer. Hopefully GM doesn't even have that level of disruption.
camero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:40 AM   #61
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy View Post
Yes...but it would be sad if they didn't get all early orders filled.

They haven't even started white yet.

I paced my order with the dealer in Feb 08 and order was submitted early on the 13th of Oct.

Might have been better off switching colors when given the chance.

Fingers crossed...Keep maken those cars before the Gov'mt pulls the plug.:
They was never plan on starting the production of white until this summer, this has been stated over and over!

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:54 AM   #62
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Streak View Post
They was never plan on starting the production of white until this summer, this has been stated over and over!

I think you are misunderstanding his point.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:58 AM   #63
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieNsky View Post
I think you are misunderstanding his point.
Maybe so. I just don't see how white has anything to do with this. Oh well I have been wrong before, won't be the last time either.

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:08 AM   #64
bobby35ny

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6, bye 2013 ZL1, 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosXC451 View Post
8000 is a misleading number, out of the 8K, they are almost 4K dealer/favor cars.

=bobby
Old 05-10-2009, 10:13 AM   #65
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Hang on guys, let's not react to unconfirmed information. If things are confirmed, I can elaborate to calm everyone down but for now, let's please wait for official confirmation.
HOW TRUE!

My thoughts...if this "info" came from a dealership or two, well lets face it, they don't exactly have the greatest track record about what's going on in corporate GM's decision making.

As Hylton says lets wait until we get a confirmation by an identified official voice at GM.

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:30 AM   #66
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Should this in fact come to reality I would only hope that as many and as feverishly our membership should congratulate GM. It is so easy to attack and condemn a company for a poor decision but it takes a herculean effort to congratulate them when they do something right. I find it interesting how the tide has turned and now the jonny come lately buyers are in a panic mode. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:16 AM   #67
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
i see you ordered two cars. Why would you take a spot or allocation from someone that wanted one only to let it arrive and get sold to a walk in. This is the problem fbodfather referred to as a huge issue that was customer generated. GM should cancel both orders or force the contract to purchase both.

I HOPE MY FRIENDS DONT CONFUSE 2010SSRS with 2010 SS RS. Its not me guys. I would never do that.
perhaps u should KNOW what's going on before opening ur piehole asswipe.............don't flame me.......

when my 2nd order went 3000, i let my 1st order go and 3 others behind me went up one. it was only at 1100 with 3 others in front of me.

perhaps GM should cancel ur order for sticking ur nose where IT DOESN'T BELONG! mind ur business..........stay outta mine........

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI

Last edited by 2010SSRS; 05-10-2009 at 11:36 AM.
2010SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:25 AM   #68
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRS View Post
perhaps u should KNOW what's going on before opening ur piehole asswipe.............don't flame me.......

when my 2nd order went 3000, i let my 1st order go and 3 others behind me went up one. it was only at 1100 with 3 others in front of me.

perhaps GM should cancel ur order for sicking ur nose where IT DOESN'T BELONG! mind ur business..........stay outta mine........

WOOOO BOY!!!!!!!! Fight in aisle 2 ! ! !
Wonder how long this post is gonna last!

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:28 AM   #69
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
When I ordered my car 2 days after the pre-order deadline, they told me August. On friday my dealers Sales Manager, told me I can safely expect it sooner. They told him they are RAMPING UP to get all the orders placed with a goal of producing 60,000 total units of 2010 cars. This came to him from his GM Rep, and he found out last week.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:35 AM   #70
Mac1

Drives: 2004 Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam10RS View Post
For the ones that believes or accept (something) as true; feel sure of the truth as One that search for it can find it.

So, after saying that, I like to inform you of this. The word is that they are going to start filling all pre-orders first now.

If you still don't think so, Call your salesman (manager) and ask him about it.
He may not have an official notice yet. This is what I found out.
Mysticism.... Gotta love it!!
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote