Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2019, 11:26 AM   #1
Lowandslow89
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro SS, 1989 Chevy c1500
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Dallas,Tx
Posts: 7
Door Speaker Depth

Decided its finaly time to upgrade from the BA Audio set up that came with my SS. I know the door speakers are a 6.5 but would anyone know how deep i can go on the door speakers? Going to be running a 2 way set up ran active of a 80prs and Ampere 125.4.
Lowandslow89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 12:18 PM   #2
Leo72793

 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Jacksonville FL
Posts: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowandslow89 View Post
Decided its finaly time to upgrade from the BA Audio set up that came with my SS. I know the door speakers are a 6.5 but would anyone know how deep i can go on the door speakers? Going to be running a 2 way set up ran active of a 80prs and Ampere 125.4.
With the mounting brackets ( you can reuse oems of you know how to do it ) you can easily mount almost any 6.5" speaker. NOT subwoofer. I have Morel TiW 634nd in there and clears just fine. Alsp, you can but good luck getting good speaker wire through. I had custom 3 way pillars made and got a DSP. made it much easier as i could fit a single run of wire through not 2.
Attached Images
    
__________________
•2011 Camaro SS 2SS/RS A6
•MRR M017 1le Replica Wheels
•Vararam Ram Air Intake
•Speed Engineering Longtube Headers
•Magnaflow HF Cats
•Bo White PnP Stage 2 TB
•Xpipe w/ Res Delete and NPP Exhaust
•Tuned By Anonymous Calibrations
•Gen5DIY Mylink Conversion W/ Backup Cam
•Morel 3 way custom speakers, Morel Subwoofers
•Audio control LC-6.1200 6ch amp
•Audio control LC-1.1500 sub amp
•Helix DSP Pro
Leo72793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 12:40 PM   #3
G8One2
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 291
I like the speakers you have in the A-Pillars. Thats nice!
G8One2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 01:56 PM   #4
lemontwist
 
lemontwist's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: mooresville nc
Posts: 474
i didn't go active but i did go with high end components with nice crossovers. i used the factory speaker wire and extended it to the crossover and mounted them to the door behind the door panel.then ran a new tweeter wire from the crossover to the new tweeters they fit in the factory tweeter hole. back in the day i would have mounted the crossovers in the trunk on display they are nice and worth displaying and ran wires to the door.
the camaro don't look add wire friendly.but i have seen it done.
Leo72793 nice set up dude....
back in the day i was one of those guys that had a system worth more than the car good SQ and alot of SPL.the car was basically a way to move the stereo around LOL.
my camaro is well ok.the amp "rack"out of my old car fit so i just threw it in
the enclosure needed some reworking.
only doing around 1000 watts now and that's plenty for my getting old ass...
Attached Images
 

Last edited by lemontwist; 11-10-2019 at 02:08 PM.
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 05:22 PM   #5
Leo72793

 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Jacksonville FL
Posts: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontwist View Post
i didn't go active but i did go with high end components with nice crossovers. i used the factory speaker wire and extended it to the crossover and mounted them to the door behind the door panel.then ran a new tweeter wire from the crossover to the new tweeters they fit in the factory tweeter hole. back in the day i would have mounted the crossovers in the trunk on display they are nice and worth displaying and ran wires to the door.
the camaro don't look add wire friendly.but i have seen it done.
Leo72793 nice set up dude....
back in the day i was one of those guys that had a system worth more than the car good SQ and alot of SPL.the car was basically a way to move the stereo around LOL.
my camaro is well ok.the amp "rack"out of my old car fit so i just threw it in
the enclosure needed some reworking.
only doing around 1000 watts now and that's plenty for my getting old ass...
Nice. Yeah i wanted a nice sq setup that has decent volumes. So far i have the 6ch done. Got to decide on my sub setup. I want morel MW1054s but i also want to use my Boston 10.4LF subs from 1999, or go two new type X alpine 10s.
__________________
•2011 Camaro SS 2SS/RS A6
•MRR M017 1le Replica Wheels
•Vararam Ram Air Intake
•Speed Engineering Longtube Headers
•Magnaflow HF Cats
•Bo White PnP Stage 2 TB
•Xpipe w/ Res Delete and NPP Exhaust
•Tuned By Anonymous Calibrations
•Gen5DIY Mylink Conversion W/ Backup Cam
•Morel 3 way custom speakers, Morel Subwoofers
•Audio control LC-6.1200 6ch amp
•Audio control LC-1.1500 sub amp
•Helix DSP Pro
Leo72793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 05:53 PM   #6
Lowandslow89
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro SS, 1989 Chevy c1500
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Dallas,Tx
Posts: 7
Ill probably have to run a good size tweet in the a pillar aswell. Thats a very nice 3 way set up. I come from an spl back ground, so not really new to it at all. My 1st car was a g body with first a 4 15 flat wall then we were fitting it for a single 21" 6th order wall but the car gor t boned...My 89 chevy rcsb had a 6th order blowthru with 2 15s on a dd m3b. It got pretty loud and low for what it was.
Lowandslow89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 05:54 PM   #7
Leo72793

 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Jacksonville FL
Posts: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowandslow89 View Post
Ill probably have to run a good size tweet in the a pillar aswell. Thats a very nice 3 way set up. I come from an spl back ground, so not really new to it at all. My 1st car was a g body with first a 4 15 flat wall then we were fitting it for a single 21" 6th order wall but the car gor t boned...My 89 chevy rcsb had a 6th order blowthru with 2 15s on a dd m3b. It got pretty loud and low for what it was.
I chose the SQ build this time. Subs are a hard pic for me, as i want something that can dig deep but be small
__________________
•2011 Camaro SS 2SS/RS A6
•MRR M017 1le Replica Wheels
•Vararam Ram Air Intake
•Speed Engineering Longtube Headers
•Magnaflow HF Cats
•Bo White PnP Stage 2 TB
•Xpipe w/ Res Delete and NPP Exhaust
•Tuned By Anonymous Calibrations
•Gen5DIY Mylink Conversion W/ Backup Cam
•Morel 3 way custom speakers, Morel Subwoofers
•Audio control LC-6.1200 6ch amp
•Audio control LC-1.1500 sub amp
•Helix DSP Pro
Leo72793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 06:59 PM   #8
lemontwist
 
lemontwist's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: mooresville nc
Posts: 474
may i recommend sundown 8's. i am a old school rockford power series guy but i heard some SA 8's unbelievable and the 10's are even better and the need very little air space.
https://sundownaudio.com/index.php/subwoofers/sa-series
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SA-8-V1-5-D...wAAOSwl9BWIW5X
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 11:13 PM   #9
Lowandslow89
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro SS, 1989 Chevy c1500
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Dallas,Tx
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontwist View Post
may i recommend sundown 8's. i am a old school rockford power series guy but i heard some SA 8's unbelievable and the 10's are even better and the need very little air space.
https://sundownaudio.com/index.php/subwoofers/sa-series
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SA-8-V1-5-D...wAAOSwl9BWIW5X
That is actually exactly the subs ill be running. Getting a pair of SA8v3s of the yardsale. Gonna have my buddy build a ported box for em, probably have a ss logo on the box somewhere. He just got a cnc so definitely should look sweet.
Lowandslow89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 11:23 PM   #10
lemontwist
 
lemontwist's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: mooresville nc
Posts: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowandslow89 View Post
That is actually exactly the subs ill be running. Getting a pair of SA8v3s of the yardsale. Gonna have my buddy build a ported box for em, probably have a ss logo on the box somewhere. He just got a cnc so definitely should look sweet.
excellent choice.....i see you also have a C1500 great minds think alike.i also have a 92 C1500 sport with a 89 headlight swap and a 2004 5.3.
Attached Images
 
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 10:55 AM   #11
lemontwist
 
lemontwist's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: mooresville nc
Posts: 474
yesterday i jumped out there and got 2 SA 10 V2's on a early black friday sale 459 for both shipped.my rockfords still look almost new and sound great but it's time for a change, it was a impulse buy i couldn't help myself but i am sure they will do nicely.
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.