Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-18-2007, 06:22 PM   #43
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
two speeds, Fast and stop...I think that decides it.

Have you guys ever seen one of those movie scenes where the camera is revolving around the subject, maybe two lovers kissing, or a Matrix fight...you know how the "camera" passes by a tree, or a lightpost, or something - and a split second, on the "other side of the pole" the scene changes?

What if they did that? All the best commercials start off so the viewer has no idea what it's for.

MY IDEA (built off of many good others):

The scene opens, A wide field, a small mountain in the distance, and nothing else but clear, blue sky. Four horses have thier heads lowered, eating the grass leisurely. The camera is revolving slowly. Birds chirp in the distance. The scene cuts to a grassy Hill. Something is lurking in the high grass, revealed to be a *insert animal*. It cloudily fades to a memory of the *animal*. A massive stampede of horses run it's pack out of the plains.

Suddenly the scene cuts back to the wolverine, and it sprints towards the Horses. They don't immediately notice their predator, but when they do, they whinny, and begin to run away. This is where the camera begins to revolve very quickly, and passes a tree at least once every second. the first pass includes a scene change to Camaro chasing the Mustang across a road down the middle of the field. Next tree, the animals again, next scene the cars again, etc. This continues for about 5-10 seconds. When finally it shows the Wolverine jumping for the Kill. Inevitably it was gonna catch it. The scene changes again to see the Camaro overtake a utterly smoke the Mustang on the road...

Cuts to a street/parking lot. City scene. The Camaro Drives into it, and stops (similar to the way the coupe drives into the camera on the Chevy site). "A message to our competitors: Camaro's back"

...so...whattaya think?
Old 09-18-2007, 06:44 PM   #44
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
I like the cut back and forth idea. Sometimes, when they only cut once, it's hard to tell that the cars are supposed to represent the animals. It's almost like they just jumped to a whole different thing. It sounds like a fairly long commercial though. I like the ending, it'd be nice to see an exhausted horse galloping up from the distance.
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:04 PM   #45
Mr. Wyndham

I've made a video or two before for school, I think it could be done between 30-45 seconds.

The horse is supposed to be dead. That's why it doesn't show up again...
You know those scary movies where it shows some creature jumping/lunging to kill it's victim, but we don't actually see the death, cause the scene changes? We're to assume it happens. I was going for that feeling.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:34 PM   #46
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
Alright, looks like we've got a pretty good handle on the anti-mustang commercials. I'd like to see some that show that the Camaro's not just about beating the competition, it's about being a totally kickass car!

The commercial starts with a deserted road in the badlands. In the distance a nasty looking storm is brewing with a steady sound of rolling thunder. *cue the music* AC/DC's "Thunderstruck" fades in at "I've been Thunderstruck!" Coinciding with the emphasis on "Thunderstruck", a massive lightning strike hits the road. When the bolt fades we see the Camaro zooming away from the spot where it struck (as if the car was the lightning bolt). The car speeds into the camera which spins to follow it as it passes by.

Announcer says "When you're really good in a past life, you come back as yourself. Introducing the all new... blah blah blah"
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:16 PM   #47
Mr. Wyndham

I like it.

Check this out. I DID NOT MAKE IT:

I definitely like your idea better - they're close, but still different.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:29 PM   #48
got2spd

Drives: 1998 Dale Earnhardt Monte
Here is what I would love to see.... Take one of the Camaros from every year it was produced....

Each one drive down a highway with the sound of that engine rumbling.... add each one from a different seen... See them gather one by one, then form a straight line, then on a wide screen driving side by side.... While "You gotta another thing coming" playing...

Then they all break and the new Camaro slides in to lead all the Camaros, then announcer says, if you thought we could let this rest.............. You got another thing coming...
Old 09-20-2007, 09:36 PM   #49
Mr. Wyndham

Here's a slogan for you all to mull over...it kinda fits with the sarcastic nature of late GM commercials, and posters (i.e. Heaven couldn't handle all the noise."

"This car was why the cavemen invented the wheel."
Old 09-21-2007, 12:11 AM   #50
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pencil.Fight View Post
Alright, looks like we've got a pretty good handle on the anti-mustang commercials. I'd like to see some that show that the Camaro's not just about beating the competition, it's about being a totally kickass car!

The commercial starts with a deserted road in the badlands. In the distance a nasty looking storm is brewing with a steady sound of rolling thunder. *cue the music* AC/DC's "Thunderstruck" fades in at "I've been Thunderstruck!" Coinciding with the emphasis on "Thunderstruck", a massive lightning strike hits the road. When the bolt fades we see the Camaro zooming away from the spot where it struck (as if the car was the lightning bolt). The car speeds into the camera which spins to follow it as it passes by.

Announcer says "When you're really good in a past life, you come back as yourself. Introducing the all new... blah blah blah"
This was already done. Think it was on Camaroz28.com....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by got2spd View Post
Here is what I would love to see.... Take one of the Camaros from every year it was produced....

Each one drive down a highway with the sound of that engine rumbling.... add each one from a different seen... See them gather one by one, then form a straight line, then on a wide screen driving side by side.... While "You gotta another thing coming" playing...

Then they all break and the new Camaro slides in to lead all the Camaros, then announcer says, if you thought we could let this rest.............. You got another thing coming...
I like this idea!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:32 AM   #51
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
"This car was why the cavemen invented the wheel."
thats awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
two speeds, Fast and stop...I think that decides it.

Have you guys ever seen one of those movie scenes where the camera is revolving around the subject, maybe two lovers kissing, or a Matrix fight...you know how the "camera" passes by a tree, or a lightpost, or something - and a split second, on the "other side of the pole" the scene changes?

What if they did that? All the best commercials start off so the viewer has no idea what it's for.

MY IDEA (built off of many good others):

The scene opens, A wide field, a small mountain in the distance, and nothing else but clear, blue sky. Four horses have thier heads lowered, eating the grass leisurely. The camera is revolving slowly. Birds chirp in the distance. The scene cuts to a grassy Hill. Something is lurking in the high grass, revealed to be a *insert animal*. It cloudily fades to a memory of the *animal*. A massive stampede of horses run it's pack out of the plains.

Suddenly the scene cuts back to the wolverine, and it sprints towards the Horses. They don't immediately notice their predator, but when they do, they whinny, and begin to run away. This is where the camera begins to revolve very quickly, and passes a tree at least once every second. the first pass includes a scene change to Camaro chasing the Mustang across a road down the middle of the field. Next tree, the animals again, next scene the cars again, etc. This continues for about 5-10 seconds. When finally it shows the Wolverine jumping for the Kill. Inevitably it was gonna catch it. The scene changes again to see the Camaro overtake a utterly smoke the Mustang on the road...

Cuts to a street/parking lot. City scene. The Camaro Drives into it, and stops (similar to the way the coupe drives into the camera on the Chevy site). "A message to our competitors: Camaro's back"

...so...whattaya think?
ill add a couple things to it. instead of running through the field, have the horses/mustangs running wild thru the woods (the wolverine/camaro's natural terrain) and when it jumps for the kill, have the camera lock onto its mouth as the camera is "swallowed" then flip to the wolverine licking its lips and darting off only to pass another tree and convert back to the camaro and drive off.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 01:37 AM   #52
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

i was digging for some rammstein vids to watch at work and i found this B@d@$$ mercedes commercial with Rammstein as the background music.

check it out

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance...-rammstein_ads
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 09-21-2007, 02:12 AM   #53
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

and here's my new one...

thanks dragon for the idea

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 09-21-2007, 02:20 AM   #54
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
i was digging for some rammstein vids to watch at work and i found this B@d@$$ mercedes commercial with Rammstein as the background music.

check it out

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance...-rammstein_ads
Great find.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:37 AM   #55
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Great find.
yeah... i need some salt flats to do that in.

Quote:
Quote:
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
Quote:
Old 09-21-2007, 02:41 AM   #56
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
In SC?