Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 07-22-2017, 12:50 PM   #43
spotswood

Drives: Lexus, ZL1 1LE, Ducati, Suzuki,
Waiting now for my ZL1LE and I have a taper in Tampa who has taped my cars for 17 years there.
He did a red Ferrari for me in 2000 and it saved it from all the road rash on the highway.
Even with tape at high speeds sometimes the rocks dinged through the tape on the front bumper. After 14 years I pulled the tape off and repainted the bumper before I sold it but rest of car was perfect. Tape on tar A pillars helped a lot.
He is a little expensive but very good.
I have never had a white car and read on this forum that white is terrible for chips showing.
We are going to tape the entire front bumper, front hood and front fenders, entire side doors, A pillar and entire rear quarter panels. We are using Sun Tek. Cost about 4K.
He has suggested that if paint has any swirl marks to polish paint and make it perfect before taping. Cost 1400.
Then after taping we will coat entire car with ceramic coating including wheels.
I think when we are done entire cost to protect everything will be about 6K.
After that, just wash it only he says and he will check it each year. he says the ceramic coating on the wheels will help a lot for brake dust and cleaning.
I don't want this car having chips allover the front from road rash if it will show up bad in white.
I spend most of my time with this in the interstate and high speeds and road rash can get quite severe.
Love bugs here in Florida are just the worst. Constantly washing them off after each outing during parts of the year.
I have no intentions of selling the car after a few years. It will join my collection of vehicles in the garage so I want to keep it in good shape.
Is white a bitch to keep looking good? Never had a white car before.
Had black and never again.
spotswood is offline   Reply With Quote