Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-25-2019, 06:34 AM   #1
no mercy

Drives: 2010 Hennessey HPE600 Camaro RS/SS
Angry code po601

hi, everyone ...........

Last edited by no mercy; 11-25-2019 at 03:08 PM.
no mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 07:55 AM   #2
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Battery?
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 01:09 PM   #3
canadian ss
Psycho on day pass

Drives: 2010 yellow 1ss m6 -GM tech
I checked your code P0601. Only found 2 possible corrections.

Take the cables off your battery and touch them for about 20 seconds and reconnect. See if it starts.

If not...... Possible ECM fault.

Other than that, I cant see anything else related to that code.
canadian ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 01:49 PM   #4
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
A generic search for the code indicated that low voltage to the ECM was a common cause, which is why I mentioned battery.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 09:41 AM   #5
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 08:28 AM   #6
canadian ss
Psycho on day pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by no mercy View Post
hi canadian ss im just learning the ropes here at the 5 ...so sry for the long winded posts but more info mite help a better diagnose? also i see that you are a GM tech ...so to me that means you are like a chevy camaro guru!....... speak and i shall listen!
I checked our system for anything regarding your code. Nothing really showing. Only what I mentioned so far.

Its such an uncommon code for ANY GM vehicle honestly.

I found this:#05-06-04-060A: CONTROL MODULE DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE(S) (DTC)(S) P0601, P0602, P0603, P0604, P0606, P062F, P06F3, P1621 SHARED IN MULTIPLE MODULES (FEB 24, 2015)
Subject: Control Module Diagnostic Trouble Code(s) (DTC)(s) P0601, P0602, P0603, P0604, P0606, P062F, P1621, P16F3 Shared In Multiple Modules
Models: 2015 and Prior GM Passenger Cars and Light Duty Trucks
Attention: This Bulletin also applies to any of the above models that may be Export vehicles.

This Bulletin has been revised to update the information. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 05-06-04-060.

Beginning in 2005, some control modules have specific codes that describe internal failures of the module. These DTCs are not module specific and can be found on any controller that has these codes.

Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) J2012 committee has set these specific codes to be an industry standard of all manufacturers.

Currently, these common codes include:

P0601 — May be set in ECM, FPCM, PIM, TCM, TCCM
P0602 — May be set in ECM, FPCM, PIM, TCM, TCCM
P0603 — May be set in ECM, FPCM, PIM, TCM
P0604 — May be set in ECM, FPCM, PIM, TCM, TCCM
P0606 — May be set in ECM, FPCM, PIM, TCM, TCCM
P062F — May be set in ECM, FPCM, PIM, TCM, TCCM
P1621 — May be set in ECM, TCM
P16F3 — May be set in ECM, PIM, TCM
Important:

Use caution when diagnosing these shared codes to perform the appropriate diagnostic procedure on the appropriate module. Be sure to check and understand which module has set the DTC before proceeding with diagnosis.
Do not replace any module before understanding which module has set the DTC, before following proper eSI diagnostics and until eSI diagnostics instruct to replace the module.
Refer to the appropriate Electronic Service Information (eSI) document for Diagnosis and Repair procedures.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.
WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION
Copyright General Motors Corporation.

Portions of materials contained herein are sourced from General Motors Inc., Co.

Copyright 2007 - 2018 Service Repair Solutions, Inc.

Seems like an PCM failure???
Old 10-28-2019, 08:29 AM   #7
canadian ss
Psycho on day pass

Also found another article:

DTC P0601, P0602, P0603, P0604, P0606, P0607, P060D, P062F, or P2610 (ECM)
Diagnostic Instructions
Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle prior to using this diagnostic procedure.
Review Strategy Based Diagnosis for an overview of the diagnostic approach.
Diagnostic Procedure Instructions provides an overview of each of the diagnostic category.
DTC Descriptors
DTC P0601: Control Module Read Only Memory Performance

DTC P0602: Control Module Not Programmed

DTC P0603: Control Module Long Term Memory Reset

DTC P0604: Control Module Random Access Memory Performance

DTC P0606: Control Module Processor Performance

DTC P0607: Control Module Performance

DTC P060D: Control Module Accelerator Pedal (APP) Position System Circuitry Performance

DTC P062F: Control Module Long Term Memory Performance

DTC P2610: Control Module Ignition Off Timer Performance

Circuit/System Description
This diagnostic applies to internal microprocessor integrity conditions within the engine control module (ECM) and the throttle actuator control (TAC) system. This diagnostic also addresses if the ECM is not programmed.

The ECM monitors its ability to read and write to the memory. It also monitors a timing function. The ECM and the TAC processors are used to monitor the TAC system data. Both processors monitor the other processors data to verify that the indicated APP calculation is correct. The ECM performs an intrusive test in order to confirm that the APP signals are not shorted together. The ECM accomplishes this by pulling the APP sensor 2 low momentarily and looking for sensor 1 to also be pulled low.

Conditions for Running the DTCs
P0601, P0604
The ignition switch is in Run or Crank.
These DTCs run continuously when the above condition is met.
P0602, P0603, P062F
These DTCs run once per ignition cycle.
P0606, P0607, P060D
The system voltage is more than 6.0 V.
Reduced Engine Power is not active.
These DTCs run continuously when the above conditions are met.
P2610
The intake air temperature is between -40 to +125°C (-40 to +257°F).
DTC P2610 runs once per ignition cycle on ECM power down.
Conditions for Setting the DTCs
The ECM detects an internal failure or incomplete programming for more than 10 s.

Actions Taken When the DTC Sets
DTCs P0601, P0602, P0603, P0604, P0606, P060D, and P062F are Type A DTCs.
DTC P0607 is a Type C DTC.
DTC P2610 is a Type B DTC.
Conditions for Clearing the MIL/DTC
DTCs P0601, P0602, P0603, P0604, P0606, P060D, and P062F are Type A DTCs.
DTC P0607 is a Type C DTC.
DTC P2610 is a Type B DTC.
Diagnostic Aids
Low voltage or a momentary loss of power or ground to the ECM may cause a DTC to set.

Verify that the battery cables are clean and tight, and the battery is fully charged. Refer to Battery Inspection/Test.
Verify the ECM ground circuits do not have an open or high resistance.
Verify the ECM power circuits do not have an open, short to ground, or high resistance.
Reference Information
Schematic Reference
Engine Controls Schematics

Connector End View Reference
Component Connector End Views

Electrical Information Reference
Circuit Testing
Connector Repairs
Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections
Wiring Repairs
DTC Type Reference
Powertrain Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Type Definitions

Scan Tool Reference
Control Module References for scan tool information

Circuit/System Verification
Observe the DTC information with a scan tool. DTC P0601, P0602, P0603, P0604, P0606, P0607, P060D, P062F, or P2610 should not set.
Operate the vehicle within the conditions for running the DTC to verify the DTC does not reset. You may also operate the vehicle within the conditions that you observed from the freeze frame/failure records data.
Circuit/System Testing
Ignition ON, clear the DTC information with a scan tool. Observe the scan tool DTC information.
⇒X If DTC P0602 is set, reprogram the K20 ECM. Refer to Control Module Referencesfor K20 ECM replacement, setup, and programming. If DTC P0602 resets, replace the K20 ECM.
Observe the DTC information with a scan tool. Verify that DTC P0601, P0603, P0604, P0605, P0606, P0607, P060D, P062F, or P2610 does not set.
⇒X If a DTC failed this ignition, replace the K20 ECM.
Repair Instructions
Perform the Diagnostic Repair Verification after completing the diagnostic procedure.

Control Module References for ECM replacement, programming and setup
Old 10-28-2019, 09:47 AM   #8
Reichler

Drives: 2004 GTO & 2005 GTO
P0601 is usually a dreaded ECM failure code. May want to start looking for a replacement ECM, swap it, then have your tune flashed back into the new ECM.

Word of caution:
Swapping an ECM, if that ends up being the issue, usually requires a trip to a dealer so all of the computers can be synched. A new ECM will not work without this step.
Reichler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 10:42 AM   #9
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by no mercy View Post
(cont) yes Reichler (dreaded) is exactly right! the only DTC that cant be traced to its source.... every other DTC can be pinpointed, except the 600 series codes. WOW....since i have little electrical/electronic expertise, could you suggest how i might start off? i just purchased a quality multimeter and a Lisle relay test jumper kit. can i do pinout testing at the pcm? can i get signal numbers at the OBD2 port? what about the fusebox w/the jumpers and the key on? lol .........i dont know what im doing! but i know i cant afford to have it fixed! ...so i have to try...thanks for interest all. and i will keep you posted periodically so visit me once in a while and wish me a shitload of luck.... im going to need it. PS IT OKAY to offer any advice and/or Suggestions too? CYA
honestly if you don't know what you're doing with the computer it's better to have someone fix it. you can get a used computer for not too much, and the dealer isn't the only one who can program it. plenty of shops have OE or equivalent scan tools. most likely you are going to need a PCM if that is your only code, but as you said the harness should be pinchecked. You are also going to need wiring diagrams to check it out properly, you can't just check it at the OBDII connector.

You can try shaking around the harness to see if anything changes though, in most cases this will show you if there is a wiring problem. Otherwise start saving if you really can't afford to get it repaired
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 05:25 PM   #10
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
Did you push in the shrader valve on the fuel line to check for pressure?