Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-09-2020, 09:46 PM   #15
SimpleGreen

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenKat View Post
I am not a tuning expert by any means but it seems strange that someone would “tune out” an evap system leak code.
You can complete turn off the evap system on LS engines. My LS swapped truck has the entire evap system deleted in the PCM. None of it exists anymore. It is completely unnecessary for engine function if properly removes from the tune. I can scan that truck (with no evap system, no rear o2 sensors, etc) and it doesn't throw a code.
SimpleGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 10:13 PM   #16
SSammy

Drives: 2015 2SS A6 Commemorative Edition
Haven’t seen it on my Camaro yet, but on several cars I’ve worked on a low battery or blown fuse/bad relay can result in a lot of codes being thrown.I haven’t had to study or dig into a Camaro’s evap system yet, but I’ll just throw out a couple of things I have normally done when chasing an evap leak on other cars. First, check for obvious damage, I’ve had people bring me cars with half of the evap canister missing from a large piece of road debris hitting it. If you have access to a smoke machine, test your evap system for leaks, if not, hopefully you have a friend that will let you borrow one. Have a shop seal test your gas cap. a bad cap would normally cause a small leak, not a gross leak, but still worth checking. If you know anyone with a Snap-on or Matco (or similar) scanner, you can go through evap functions and open and close each valve in the system to make sure they are working properly. This also helps with running a complete smoke test because you can open the entire system for the smoke to pass through. A malfunctioning valve can cause the system to assume it has a massive leak, many Audi’s/VW’s do this. Just some suggestions based on crap I’ve gone through, good luck.
SSammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 06:40 AM   #17
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
At the age of your car your overdue for a new battery they only last four years no matter what the supposed months of life says,,,, A slow starting Camaro will throw a CEL with all the nannies.... you sound like one bank may want a new plug or have a loose wire of dirty or loose maf etc....and Either you have a cam and tune or you don't...…… You could have anything from a vacuum leak in the PCV system to this or that.... And you have to have one side going rich most likely....

Mistakes that happen with headers are often a broken plug or two, melted 02 connection, etc, and you should have had the rear 02s disabled, the fronts having to disable the delayed response from the distance to the o2s changing and the AFR changing some for the increased flow....And with out a cam that's pretty much it. You may have had things like fan off on temp changed or the torque management turned down or off on a manual..... Good Luck
Old 02-11-2020, 01:49 PM   #18
canadian ss
Psycho on day pass

Drives: 2010 yellow 1ss m6 -GM tech
The codes you posted wouldnt do anything to the car not starting.

You have a couple of codes for the evap side of the emissions (bsically like driving around with your gas cap off) and a couple of codes for oxygen sensors (maybe because of your mods and tune) but none of which would cause your situation.
canadian ss is offline   Reply With Quote