Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 05-26-2011, 01:29 AM   #1079
Z Madness

Drives: 2010, 2000, 1971 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by taz View Post
Saturday is Windward Mall Car Show

Sunday is the island Cruze
- Start at Pearl City Starbucks at 10:30am
- Head east to Hawaii Kai and around.
- Lunch at Papa Ole's
- I'l be heading back after lunch, but not sure if the cruze will continue around the island or take a short cut back to Pearl City.

Hope to see you there!

Taz
Is this a Camaro cruise?
Z Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:12 AM   #1080
Kreature

Drives: Summit White 1LT/RS
Haole, was that your car at the NEX today? it looked good, glad to see you got it back.
Kreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:36 AM   #1081
taz
Taz

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Camaro
Cruze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Madness View Post
Is this a Camaro cruise?
Yes, but all cars are welcome. I think 50Muscle club with 808camaros club are running the cruze.

Check out Papa Ole's menu so that you will know what to order. We will be placing food orders one rest stop before we get to Papa Ole's to minimize wait time.

Taz
taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 05:07 AM   #1082
Firebreed
Got Boost?

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6 SLP TVS 2300
Hello,
Ill be moving to Pearl Harbor area around next year, bringing the camaro with me, ill check in with ya guys when i get there, cant wait to live out there
Future Mods: 416ci stroker.
Firebreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 01:45 AM   #1083
nukemustang

Drives: 2017 Raptor, 2017 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
Ok everyone, slight problem and need help fast. Just got my car out of shop and told them not to put the front bracket on. So apparently they didn't even order it. Anyways my safety is up this month, anyone know of a lenient inspection station??
I plan on fastening the plate with zip ties until I come up with another way to fasten the plate to my car. Need feedback quick gang.

Craig
If I had to do it over AND I was able to, I would not drill holes in the bumper. I would find a way to attach it like this: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73549 seems like a much cleaner install and leaves you the option to pull it off for shows or if the car ever went off island to a state that needs only one plate. Basically leaves you options vice holes.

p.s. what happened to the original bracket? Mine is just held on my what looks like giant rivets....

SOLD:2016 2SS Red Hot Convertible with black metallic rally stripes
SOLD:2011 Silver Ice Metallic 1SS/RS Convertible. Completed modifications: installed factory HUD, deleted AFM/DOD, Dynatech LT coated headers with high flow cats, Solo Cat back exhaust, CAI inc. intake, Vmax ported TB, SIM quarter flares/splash guards, steering wheel radio controls, PDIM iPod interface in center console, RX catch can, JRE cold air scoop, windshield washer bottle relocation.
nukemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 02:43 AM   #1084
nukemustang

Drives: 2017 Raptor, 2017 SS
Yea, just did not know if it was salvageable enough to get through the inspection....or if the shop trashed it. figured you could work on something more permanent when time allowed.

there are some other mounts on here that used pieces of scrap sheet metal and bolts to hold it to the lower grill as well if think they won't like the zip ties.

SOLD:2016 2SS Red Hot Convertible with black metallic rally stripes
SOLD:2011 Silver Ice Metallic 1SS/RS Convertible. Completed modifications: installed factory HUD, deleted AFM/DOD, Dynatech LT coated headers with high flow cats, Solo Cat back exhaust, CAI inc. intake, Vmax ported TB, SIM quarter flares/splash guards, steering wheel radio controls, PDIM iPod interface in center console, RX catch can, JRE cold air scoop, windshield washer bottle relocation.
nukemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 01:08 PM   #1085
taz
Taz

Updates

Windward cruise tonight. Island cruise tomarow (sunday). Guess I better wash my car today.

Hope to see you there.

Taz
Old 05-30-2011, 09:35 AM   #1086
trixienurse

Drives: 2010 cyber grey metallic 2LT RS
Quote:
Well I got my safety done, had to remove the tint on my tail lights and side markers and zip tied my plate on the front. Of course soon as I left the tint went right back on my lights. I did s search on no drill mounts for the front and actually found 2 that I'm interested in. Now just to choose.
Also thinking I'm going to order the concept side markers from AAC has anyone ordered them yet?

Lastly I'm taking my car to leeward servco for the tachometer. At times when I start my car it idles between 4-5k rpm and others as I'm driving it idles below 1k rpm. Does anyone else have this problem? I have read on here it is a quick fix.

Craig

Mine are flippin fantastic!!

trixienurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:37 AM   #1087
trixienurse

I will be in Maui June 4-18 If any car shows are going on during this time please post!!

Old 05-30-2011, 11:53 AM   #1088
trixienurse

Quote:
Trixie, the majority of us that do post on here are on Oahu. I think I'm going to go ahead and order the side markers sometime this week.
Ask for Jonathan Barber tell him I sent you!

Old 05-30-2011, 07:49 PM   #1089
Z Madness

Drives: 2010, 2000, 1971 Camaros
Quote:
Well I got my safety done, had to remove the tint on my tail lights and side markers and zip tied my plate on the front. Of course soon as I left the tint went right back on my lights. I did s search on no drill mounts for the front and actually found 2 that I'm interested in. Now just to choose.
Also thinking I'm going to order the concept side markers from AAC has anyone ordered them yet?

Lastly I'm taking my car to leeward servco for the tachometer. At times when I start my car it idles between 4-5k rpm and others as I'm driving it idles below 1k rpm. Does anyone else have this problem? I have read on here it is a quick fix.

Craig
I ordered the concept side markers. I have the painted/clear. Should have gotten painted/tinted. Ive had then for a while. Also have the after burners. Would not recommend the interior lighting. Kreature did their Halos.
Z Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:28 PM   #1090
taz
Taz

Cruise

Wasnt able to make the cruise on sunday due to having uncontrollable pain issues due to my injury. Did meet them in Hawaii Kai for a short time. Was told over 20 cars showed up for the cruise and was a hit. Hopefully they will put another one together soon.

I think next week is Akahi Shopping Center and Pearl City Shopping Center.

Taz
Old 06-02-2011, 09:38 PM   #1091
sting808

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Be glad you're not this driver or the salesman on the test drive

In my office and hear tire screech. Ok... common sound around here. then... bang...crunch... then an odd soft thud. Thought it was car burning out and construction noise.

Long story short... test drive, don't know if saleman checked for insurance. Driver lost it, couldn't control car, swerved onto median, hopped on 16" sewer pipes, and wedged against tree. When they tried to remove car, it broke in the center from what I heard. Someone is getting fired. Now you know why cars cost less at Cutter...
Attached Images

sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:54 PM   #1092
taz
Taz

Quote:
Well I ordered my front plate bracket earlier. The owner Jason really took great care of me. He went out of his way to find a cheaper postage rate for Hawaii. Most vendors would just send it with the higher price. He has a few products for Camaro's. Anyone looking to get a "no drill" front bracket I highly recommend him. His site is. www.jacfab.com

I also ordered my sidemarkers from AAC, both items should arrive by next Monday.
Next mod would be my amber halo's if I can find someone to install them.

Craig
Let me know if you find someone to install the halo's.

I was wondering if the "Race Factory" installs things like that. Dont know much about the company, but saw thier ads in one of the free classified papers.

Taz