Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 01-01-2014, 06:26 PM   #1
EmeryZ28

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
New 5th Gen Owner - Tampa Bay FL

Good evening! I have owned my 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS for about 5 months now and have been browsing this site for the past year or so. I have a 9 month old son, so free time for car forums is limited, hence why it has taken me 5 months for an intro.

I have always been a Chevy/Camaro fan, growing up my dad had a 79 Z28, the exact one from Fast Times at Ridgemont High and then an assortment of Corvettes. My first car in high school back in 1999 was an 87 IROC-Z and I later owned a 96 Z28. I fell in love with LS power when I had my 06 GTO and I am thrilled to be driving my rally yellow LS3 now!

Lived my first 25 years in the suburbs of Boston, I now reside in Tampa Bay Florida for the last 4.

My Camaro is a 2011 2SS/RS at 20k miles with what I believe to have every possible option available in 2011 aside from dealer installed body kits and appearance stuff like the 21" wheels. I have installed a K&N Intake, Cherry Bomb Xtreme catback, Diablosport Predator Tuner, SLP splitter, Hurst Shifter, GTO clutch fluid reservoir and a few appearance upgrades such as black bowties and mail slot & vent decals. Also upgraded the fluids in the tranny and diff. In the future I would like to put on a set of aftermarket wheels, perhaps some lowering springs and maybe a few more go fast mods.

I look forward to being a part of this forum, learning more about these cars, getting tips on future mods and having some good discussions with fellow bowtie fans. Also in my driveway right now is a 2010 Malibu 2LT and a 93 GMC Sierra 1500. Some past toys aside from what I mentioned earlier have been an 81 Corvette, 97 Grand Prix GTP and 79 Bandit Trans Am!

Happy New Year!

the SLP slitter, just installed last night. Xmas gift from the wife.

LED fogs and I have the mod so they stay on with the headlights

EmeryZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:34 PM   #2
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
Nice ride!! Love the mini me too!

MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:27 PM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands, girlfirends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 01-01-2014, 07:27 PM   #4
The Blue Ox

Drives: 2010 SS L99 Inferno Orange
Welcome to Camaro5! Real sweet looking Car! Way to go starting the little one in the right direction!!
The Blue Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:57 PM   #5
Bowtie-Bri

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS Convt.
Welcome back to the Camaro family and Camaro5! Your Camaro is SSweet! Love the little one too!
2013 Nickey Stage II Camaro SS Convertible #10.Black w/ Red leather interior. No Weeds Elec. Diverters, CNC ported heads, custom grind cam, upgraded fuel injectors, ZL-1 fuel pump, V-Max ported TB, Red Magnuson Super Charger with rear cog drive, upgraded rear axles good for 1400Hp, 3:45 gears, Tremec 6 spd., Pedders adj. coil overs, Phadt ZL-spec swaybars, 800Hp at the crank, 670RWHP, 613ft.lbs. torq. @ 11lbs. boost. SOLD!!!
Bowtie-Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:07 PM   #6
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
welcome
Old 01-02-2014, 09:49 AM   #7
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeryZ28 View Post
I have always been a Chevy/Camaro fan, growing up my dad had a 79 Z28, the exact one from Fast Times at Ridgemont High...
We were just talking about that car here in the office earlier this week.

Congrats on the new ride and kiddo.

Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:40 PM   #8
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeryZ28 View Post
Good evening! I have owned my 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS for about 5 months now and have been browsing this site for the past year or so. I have a 9 month old son, so free time for car forums is limited, hence why it has taken me 5 months for an intro.

I have always been a Chevy/Camaro fan, growing up my dad had a 79 Z28, the exact one from Fast Times at Ridgemont High and then an assortment of Corvettes. My first car in high school back in 1999 was an 87 IROC-Z and I later owned a 96 Z28. I fell in love with LS power when I had my 06 GTO and I am thrilled to be driving my rally yellow LS3 now!

Lived my first 25 years in the suburbs of Boston, I now reside in Tampa Bay Florida for the last 4.

My Camaro is a 2011 2SS/RS at 20k miles with what I believe to have every possible option available in 2011 aside from dealer installed body kits and appearance stuff like the 21" wheels. I have installed a K&N Intake, Cherry Bomb Xtreme catback, Diablosport Predator Tuner, SLP splitter, Hurst Shifter, GTO clutch fluid reservoir and a few appearance upgrades such as black bowties and mail slot & vent decals. Also upgraded the fluids in the tranny and diff. In the future I would like to put on a set of aftermarket wheels, perhaps some lowering springs and maybe a few more go fast mods.

I look forward to being a part of this forum, learning more about these cars, getting tips on future mods and having some good discussions with fellow bowtie fans. Also in my driveway right now is a 2010 Malibu 2LT and a 93 GMC Sierra 1500. Some past toys aside from what I mentioned earlier have been an 81 Corvette, 97 Grand Prix GTP and 79 Bandit Trans Am!

Happy New Year
EmeryZ28,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your SS? How have you been enjoying it?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:06 PM   #9
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Sweet! Congrats and welcome to the best place on earth. I love the yellow 5th gens and like the matching mini camaro. I've been looking for those. Enjoy the beast !"
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:35 PM   #10
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Welcome to camaro5. You have great taste in cars very close to what i have had and as a leaf fan i think my former GM Brian Burke did a great job rebuilding the Bruins ;o).