Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-06-2017, 03:39 PM   #1
Texas_RS

Drives: 2013 1LE/SS
Quiet exhaust suggestions

Long story short, close on new home on the 28th of this month, wife is pregnant, and found out new neighbors are both police officers in their 40s with a newborn!

Currently running catless longtubes with no exhaust, which I love. So looking for quiet exhaust that won't wake the neighborhood when I crank the car up at 6am.. not really wanting to get a full catback or pay anywhere near catback money because I will be getting cutouts put in to bring back the loud. Any cheap exhaust suggestions? Also people with cutouts, do y'all have turndowns on the cutouts or just running the cutout. My truck has cutouts on it, but I don't have turndowns on those. My car is lowered so not sure if turndowns on the cutouts will bottom out..but I'm thinking magnaflow resonated x pipe, but don't know if that is quiet enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current mods: Stainless Power Long Tube Headers,Cat Delete,CAI Cold Air Intake,Vitesse throttle controller, Muffler/Resonator Delete w/dual tips. ADM Performance Tuned,BMR 1.25 lowering springs,R1 Concept Slotted/Dimpled Rotors.
Texas_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 03:40 PM   #2
Gigachip
Runs on Starbucks

Drives: 2012 SVT Raptor
Send a message via AIM to Gigachip
Magnaflow, I have them on my wifes car and they really are not loud until we go wide open.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:52 PM   #3
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
You have Muffler Delete, first thing / cheapest option would be to see if you can find the stock exhaust for sale on the forums here. People are always trading out their exhausts here, stock exhausts are easy to come by.

Second thing would be a Borla S type is relatively cheap + it's the quietest exhaust they have.

Also...
(f) The discharge into the open air of the exhaust of any stationary steam engine, stationary internal combustion engine, or motor boat engine, except through a muffler or other device which will effectively and efficiently prevent loud noises.
(g) The discharge into the open air of the exhaust from any motor vehicle except through a muffler, or other device, which will effectively and efficiently prevent loud and raucous noises.

http://www.nonoise.org/lawlib/cities/dallas.htm

Texas has no decibel laws, if you're doing it to be a nice neighbor and not wake the newborn that's totally fine. However if you're concerned that your cop neighbors will flex their badge at you, they can't say anything for starting your car up and taking off. (Unless you sit there like a jack*** and rev your car in the middle of the street).

My neighbor across the street is an LEO, my car is probably in the top 10% for being loud here on the forums, I have zero issues with him or anyone else in my HOA neighborhood.
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 05:40 PM   #4
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=995

Magnaflows
One with x-pipe
New one with resonator

Same mufflers, Headers, catless

X-pipe is louder

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 05:43 PM   #5
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
borla touring is about as quiet as it gets
Old 11-06-2017, 07:06 PM   #6
Texas_RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
You have Muffler Delete, first thing / cheapest option would be to see if you can find the stock exhaust for sale on the forums here. People are always trading out their exhausts here, stock exhausts are easy to come by.

Second thing would be a Borla S type is relatively cheap + it's the quietest exhaust they have.

Also...
(f) The discharge into the open air of the exhaust of any stationary steam engine, stationary internal combustion engine, or motor boat engine, except through a muffler or other device which will effectively and efficiently prevent loud noises.
(g) The discharge into the open air of the exhaust from any motor vehicle except through a muffler, or other device, which will effectively and efficiently prevent loud and raucous noises.

http://www.nonoise.org/lawlib/cities/dallas.htm

Texas has no decibel laws, if you're doing it to be a nice neighbor and not wake the newborn that's totally fine. However if you're concerned that your cop neighbors will flex their badge at you, they can't say anything for starting your car up and taking off. (Unless you sit there like a jack*** and rev your car in the middle of the street).

My neighbor across the street is an LEO, my car is probably in the top 10% for being loud here on the forums, I have zero issues with him or anyone else in my HOA neighborhood.
Yea I'm doing it just be nice about it and not cause any future issues if any.
Current mods: Stainless Power Long Tube Headers,Cat Delete,CAI Cold Air Intake,Vitesse throttle controller, Muffler/Resonator Delete w/dual tips. ADM Performance Tuned,BMR 1.25 lowering springs,R1 Concept Slotted/Dimpled Rotors.
Old 11-06-2017, 07:09 PM   #7
Texas_RS

Guess I'll start off with the magnaflow resonated x pipe. I just didn't think that one magnaflow could really quite it down that much. I was thinking magnaflow resonated x pipe, along with some type of mufflers in place where the stock mufflers used to be.
Old 11-06-2017, 07:14 PM   #8
rshelar

Drives: 2017 1SS auto vert Nightfall Gray
Ditto on the Magnaflow. Very happy with them overall

rshelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 07:27 PM   #9
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Stock mufflers
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 07:40 PM   #10
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
couldn't resist
Attached Images

camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 07:44 PM   #11
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
couldn't resist
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 08:07 PM   #12
Texas_RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
couldn't resist

Lol not a chance. People are already asking when I'm trading in the camaro for a minivan since wife is pregnant with our second kid, but That's def not happening either.

Old 11-06-2017, 08:08 PM   #13
Texas_RS

Def not wanting to go back to stock mufflers. It's not until you actually hold a stock muffler that you realize how heavy they are!

Old 11-07-2017, 06:43 AM   #14
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Monza tips.....