Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-29-2019, 07:39 PM   #15
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
I have massive electric car fatigue. It's not "the future" because people want them. It
is the future because government is mandating and subsidizing them.

Euro 7 regulations REQUIRE each manufacturer to SELL, not just build, a certain percentage of EV's, to reduce CO2. If they don't sell enough EV's in a given year, they can be fined to the tune of a couple of $Billion each year. Thus, the performance cars will get snapped up at a premium early in the year, then withheld from the market, while the EV's go on sale at the end, so the companies don't get fined.

Scroll to 29:00 for an explanation:

There is not enough capacity on the electric grid to support massive amounts of EV's, and they are not environmentally friendly. I'm frankly tired of the electric car belief system being shoved down my throat as a viable future.

I don't object to hybrid performance, because cars like the Ferrari La Ferrari, Porsche 918, certain Koenigseggs, etc, are cool. But If GM thinks I'll ever buy an electric Camaro, they need to see my middle finger a little more clearly.
There basically is no local source for petroleum fuels in Europe. It’s all imported, which is a huge drain on their economy. To achieve oil energy independence they have to go 100% electric, very much unlike the US. No land for agriculture, no sun for solar and limited wind. They have much less issue with nuclear over there because that’s all they can do.

So the European 95 gram per kilometer CAFE standard in 2019 we would consider completely insane here makes perfect sense to someone with plenty of electricity and no oil. Just like Brazil has pleny of ethanol and limited oil, so they went high-E fuels.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:36 AM   #16
Tenfive

Drives: 2017 1SS camaro ,2SS a 68 + 08 C6
God is this guy sounds worse than richard simmons or andy dick ?!?! Who chose this guy .
Tenfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 11:25 AM   #17
lawguy85

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS Silver Ice Metallic
Jalopnik article for the YouTube averse...

https://jalopnik.com/this-camaro-bec...rst-1834313576
lawguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote